so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.

Thank you Tex!  Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]cool. il get cheap playoff tickets to watch this team do what it does best; Fight with all their heart when it counts the most. yea they were terrible in miami today. so does that we are down 0-1 in the series? I don't believe so unless david stern pulls a trick on us. (would u doubt it?) now i wish they played hard today and wanted the game more, but they didn't. I personally think HC is very important in the NBA playoffs due to the easily swayed half-retarded refs. I have no doubt they will get it together and lay it all on the line when the games begin. This team is too proud to play this poorly. I guess you all forgot game 3 of the series vs cleveland when we lost by 30 at home. NBA is marathon and no one is better at than the Celtics.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Only a few are throwing in the towel.  The rest of us are just trying to be realistic about how they are playing right now and the fact that the road will be tougher this year.  Miami and Chicago and Philly are better than the teams we played last year (Cleveland and Orlando) - so the road to the Finals is much tougher.

But, its always darkest before the dawn, right?  Let's hope the sun comes up in a couple of weeks as the playoffs start!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : Well, I'm going to do my best.  It's just really hard being on this board, being in such a bad mood myself about today's game, talking to other people who are in an equally bad mood. I'm like you in that I've learned a lot of life lessons from my emotional (over)investment in sports.  The work ethic I have today can actually be traced back to what I heard a sportscaster say about Larry Bird when I was 12: "I've never seen anyone so self-motivated."  And up until recently, the Big 3 taught me that even in sports and fitness, age is just a number - and not to let anyone define me by my age.  (I'm approximately their age myself so it really does hit home.)  Now... I think perspective is the only lesson that can come from this.  It is so hard to keep it when you think your team has turned the corner and then you get blindsided like you did today. But I can only imagine what people were saying a year ago this time here.  It would be nice if we did find a way to turn it around and then look back on these post and laugh...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I relate to Rondo the most. A 20 somethin with a ton of potential. shows flashes of greatness in life, but constantly fighting to win people over. Overconfident at times and confused at others.

I know what Rondo is going through. He has hit a wall and it is brining him down. He is missing lay ups and easy shots. THinking too much and it looks like he isnt thinking at all bc of how messed up he is. Its all in his head.

This is where Doc needs to grab Rondo by his jersey and slam him so he wakes up before its too late. Remind him what he is capable of and how much we need him to be our superstar.

And this has very little to do with Perk not being there. His numbers were dropping before the trade happened.

Someone has to wake him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : I relate to Rondo the most. A 20 somethin with a ton of potential. shows flashes of greatness in life, but constantly fighting to win people over. Overconfident at times and confused at others. I know what Rondo is going through. He has hit a wall and it is brining him down. He is missing lay ups and easy shots. THinking too much and it looks like he isnt thinking at all bc of how messed up he is. Its all in his head. This is where Doc needs to grab Rondo by his jersey and slam him so he wakes up before its too late. Remind him what he is capable of and how much we need him to be our superstar. And this has very little to do with Perk not being there. His numbers were dropping before the trade happened. Someone has to wake him up.

Do you have some inside information that Doc hasn't already grabbed him and told him what he's doing wrong?  I bet he's been told and told and told.  Who knows what's going on in that young man's head.  I just hope he gets back to Mr. energy in the playoffs.....along with the rest of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I am not thorwing in the towel.  I am DEMANDING that DOc Rivers get of his lazzy asse and coach this team.  That's what a coach is supposed to do.  All Doc has to say is ubumtu clap trap and "don't play hero ball".  Screw that, how about you direct them on WHAT to do and HOW to do it NOW and for the future time left in the game.

I hated what I saw from Doc today.  Sourpuss face.  Like he's inconvenienced.  He was shown up by a comparative rookie coach who had his team ready to go.  But that shouldn't matter because a real coach can get that done in stride.  But instead, this game just slowly slipped out of reach today with no corrective action by Doc Rivers. 

Every minute was 10% worse than the last one- kind of like watching Latrine Sprewell over the years.  And Doc let it happen. 

The goon hit O'Neal did on Lebron was great.  We needed more of that.  The Heat are not a tough team.  ONly Joel Anthony is tough.  Bosh is a wimp and Lebaron can't shoot the ball from the outside.  Wade is the only triple threat on the team.

This was a message game and Doc let us send the wrong message.  How can  Ray only get 9 shots in this game?  How can Jeff GReen only get ONE shot?  How many shots did Delonte have?  HOw many fast break or broken play hurry up points did we score today vs. the Heat? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel.:
    [QUOTE]cool. il get cheap playoff tickets to watch this team do what it does best; Fight with all their heart when it counts the most. yea they were terrible in miami today. so does that we are down 0-1 in the series? I don't believe so unless david stern pulls a trick on us. (would u doubt it?) now i wish they played hard today and wanted the game more, but they didn't. I personally think HC is very important in the NBA playoffs due to the easily swayed half-retarded refs. I have no doubt they will get it together and lay it all on the line when the games begin. This team is too proud to play this poorly. I guess you all forgot game 3 of the series vs cleveland when we lost by 30 at home. NBA is marathon and no one is better at than the Celtics.

I hope your right man. I like your faith.  We will see what happens.   No rebounds and interior defense no champoinship.   If they can create a miracle and somehow bypass this rule, it will be amazing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : I relate to Rondo the most. A 20 somethin with a ton of potential. shows flashes of greatness in life, but constantly fighting to win people over. Overconfident at times and confused at others. I know what Rondo is going through. He has hit a wall and it is brining him down. He is missing lay ups and easy shots. THinking too much and it looks like he isnt thinking at all bc of how messed up he is. Its all in his head. This is where Doc needs to grab Rondo by his jersey and slam him so he wakes up before its too late. Remind him what he is capable of and how much we need him to be our superstar. And this has very little to do with Perk not being there. His numbers were dropping before the trade happened. Someone has to wake him up.

I think your assessment of Rondo is very accurate.  There's a lot going on with him; no one thing you can point to and either fix or trash him for.  I know what you mean about over-thinking.  It's very easy to do, especially for a starting point guard.  He'll figure it out.  I just hope it's in time for this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: so thats it huh. you're all giving up and throwing in the towel. : I think your assessment of Rondo is very accurate.  There's a lot going on with him; no one thing you can point to and either fix or trash him for.  I know what you mean about over-thinking.  It's very easy to do, especially for a starting point guard.  He'll figure it out.  I just hope it's in time for this year.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I do hope he figures it out, however we still need to look for a PG who can score consistently in the off-season or draft one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It may be the fire that needs to be lit under him.  Look how well he came back after West filled in for him so well on his day off!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

want something to help keep the faith alive?

our big 3 outscored their big 3, and it is widely acknowledged that the heat have the worst supporting cast in the league.

this was a fluke: there's no chance the likes of miller, anthony, chalmers, ilgauskas, jones, howard, house play this well over the course of a 7 game series

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]want something to help keep the faith alive? our big 3 outscored their big 3, and it is widely acknowledged that the heat have the worst supporting cast in the league. this was a fluke: there's no chance the likes of miller, anthony, chalmers, ilgauskas, jones, howard, house play this well over the course of a 7 game series
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]
    and there is little chance the celtics will stay at full health over the course of several 7 game series

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You should be asking the Celtic players and coach, that question. Not us loyal fans, who keep trying to come up with excuses for the teams poor play as of late. I don't take any games off, i watch them all, as do many Celtic fans on this board. I'm not sure you could say that about some of the players, especially lately!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

How about Ray Allen a guy who was having one of the best years of his career who it seems as though all the focus of passing Reggie Miller has gone to his head.  He was one of the most humble most likeable guys that I have ever seen play.  Then all of a sudden he makes his record celebrates as he should, but then forgets to play the rest of the game, or season for that matter. 

Then he does something that he has never done he skips out on the media....he's allowed to not want to talk to us .... but he never does that!  Then next time he does talks to us he says well they need to get me the ball more.... maybe this is true, but there are other things you could be doing to impact the game.  Ok then there's an effort made to get you the ball and you either can't handle the pass dribble until theres no time left or put up a terrible shot, not to mention all the fumbles when you are out on a fast break..... So maybe we should awaking Walter Ray Allen formerly known as Jesus Shuttlesworth up as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"which is why they call it faith. Isn't that what fans are supposed to have?"

No, it's what homer fans are supposed to have. It's fine to be a homer fan but if you're not one you can still be a fan. 

I have NOT given up on this team because there is a chance they can do some great things but I since you were curious about "they did it last year angle," let me help you out with that: 

1. Last year they weren't counting on a key player (Shaq) who is 39 and coming off an injury and whose potential contributions are unknown

2. The competition is better this year

3. Last year we benefited from Lebron having a mysterious flameout in the middle of the series for reasons no one knows but which likely stemmed from his frustration with Cleveland and his decision to leave. 

For the poster that brought up the "miracles happen" NFL stuff, here's the problem there: the NFL is a single elimination postseason. In the NBA, with seven game series, there are rarely any miracles of that kind. Things even out. The last big upset in the NBA playoffs was Mutombo's Nuggets when the first round was still five games. 

Do the Celts have a shot? Absolutely they do, especially with Shaq back. Is the situation totally different than last year? Yep. 

I won't give up on the team but the idea I'm supposed to have blind faith because someone else does, or they bleed more green than I do because they bring up irrelevant NFL comparisons or convince themselves we can turn it on like we did last year, well, I reject that.

But I'll still root for my team just as hard as you.