so THAT'S why

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

so THAT'S why

I am a grade A whiner about Ainge and Doc. Ainge is hanging on to a 3 year window. Doc doesn't like the young lads. But man, after last night I can see why Ainge does not want to quit on KG and Pierce. There's nothing I love more than doing the math and checking on box-scores and salaries and trades that gives us youth and packaged stats but man oh man these guys have heart and character. I remember the days of Mark Blount stiffing us on a big fat contract and when Eric Williams was being compared to DJ, and getting overly excited when Milt Palacio would end up on a play of the week reel. Danny & Doc have kept us relevant and protected our character!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It's been a great journey for the last 5 years and we're not done yet!

The only downside is that we really taught the Knicks a lesson last night and I think they might have learned something from the character they saw last night, and what THEY should be aiming for.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: so THAT'S why

In response to Fierce34's comment:

" I remember the days of Mark Blount stiffing us on a big fat contract and when Eric Williams was being compared to DJ, and getting overly excited when Milt Palacio would end up on a play of the week reel."

The reason why the Celts ended up with the Palacios, the Blounts, and the E. Wiliams of the world is because Red Auerbach held on to the old Big 3 for too long.

Ainge should have blown up the team in 2010, after the Celts lost to the Lakers in the Finals of 2010.

The reason why the Celtics ended up in obscurity after the last big three was because of UNFORTUNATE DEATHS OF FUTURE HOF PLAYERS:

Reggie Lewis.

Lets be real

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

" I remember the days of Mark Blount stiffing us on a big fat contract and when Eric Williams was being compared to DJ, and getting overly excited when Milt Palacio would end up on a play of the week reel."

The reason why the Celts ended up with the Palacios, the Blounts, and the E. Wiliams of the world is because Red Auerbach held on to the old Big 3 for too long.

Ainge should have blown up the team in 2010, after the Celts lost to the Lakers in the Finals of 2010.

The reason why the Celtics ended up in obscurity after the last big three was because of UNFORTUNATE DEATHS OF FUTURE HOF PLAYERS:

Reggie Lewis.

Lets be real

The deaths of Bias and Lewis definitely changed the future of the Celtics.  Who knows what might have been if Len Bias or Reggie Lewis hadn't died?  I would imagine that we would have won a few more championships in the last two decades. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not Reggie because the window was pretty much closed when he died, but Bias could have been big for 1987 and 1988 seasons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Not Reggie because the window was pretty much closed when he died, but Bias could have been big for 1987 and 1988 seasons.

exactly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

exactly

You don't think he would have been the bridge to a new contending team? The window was closed on the "big 3" but this guy would have been the Paul Pierce of our franchise, and I bet could have gotten us 17

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Reggie was in a way Paul Pierce of the franchise but Paul Pierce couldn't win anything before KG, so in a similar way, it is hard to imagine we would win a championship just because he could have played some more.  Maybe the two together would have done something in the very early 90s.  Detroit was not that great of a team, I don't think, but I am not sure if they can get a few away from the Bulls.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Reggie Lewis.

Lets be real

well said. and that's a fact.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well said. and that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

JACK!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wow, youre really out of touch...

Why would anyone want to break up a team that just played in game 7 of the NBA finals and most likely lost because its starting center was injured the game before??

The Celtics were clearly top contenders for the next season. Only a nitwit would break that team up and destroy its chances of being top contenders, big marketing $$, big fan support... in favor of a rebuilding project.. 

WOw, where do these gems of ideas you have come from?