So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault

Fast Forward>  It is Feb. 22, 2014.  Celtic fans are all admiring the Paul Pierce STATUE.

Little Johnny says to his Dad:  "Look at that Dad, it is still breathing"!  "I saw it move a little bit".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Agreed, Trading Pierce isn't the same as disrespecting him, especially if done right. You send him to a contender who is wiling to part with picks and cap space for one or two runs at a ring. He goes out like a Ray Bourque, and the C's grow as a franchise. You also don't just throw Rondo away, but at this point, I think you see what the best possible trade is for him (younger is better ie, please no Gasol) and you have to pull the trigger. The fact he's been actively shopped looks to be getting to him, and he was a headcase to begin with. He also has a very definable game that you really can't build your team around. He's a great facilitator for a group like the big 3, but with his shooting issues, you can't make him "the man". He needs to go to a team focused franchise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure I will get killed for this because maybe the truth is a little uncomfortable. But Paul Pierce is a Hall of Fame player, one of the top five players to ever wear a Celtics uniform and the best pure scorer this team has ever seen. He has carried this team to a championship with  a Finals MVP award. He put a lot of bad Celtics teams on his back. He suffered through many losing seasons. He could have requested a trade. Instead he stayed and dedicated himself to helping this team become a contender. And when this team finally put the pieces around him to contend he deferred and sacrificed personal goals and stats (in his prime) to win a title. That alone should be enough to make him a hero in Boston. Yet for years we have had to listen to idiotic, irrational attacks on Pierce by people claiming to be Celtics fans. It makes no sense. It didn't then and it doesn't now. It kind of makes me wonder if race has anything to do with it. If only because there doesn't seem to be any other rational explanation for it. The same people rode Antoine out of town. You can say what you want and point out the flaws in his game.But the fact is he was an All Star player. And most importantly,he came to play every single night. With passion and heart. Do you know how rare that is in the NBA? And all you people can do is whine about how many three's he shoots. People constantly shat on Perkins who was one of the best defensive centers in the league. And if you had your way we  give Rondo away for a washed up 31 year old power forward. The problem is, most of the Celtics players are black. So it's impossible to tell.  Maybe there are just a lot of ignorant jerks that are Celtics fans. but when the entire crowd erupts into rapture everytime a scrub like Scalabrine touches the ball or Greg Steimsma it makes me cringe. If you were a Celtics fan it should make you ill that that stiff was stealing 15 million from your team. I don't think I have ever seen a professional athlete that had less business being a pro athlete than Brain Scalabrine.Yet the crowd loved him. Something just doesn't sit right with the Pierce situation and the way some called fans treat him.
    Posted by df5[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with most of what you said especially when it starts out saying that Pierce (who i like) is the best pure scorer this team has ever seen.  Really? Look, just because he has amassed more points, doesnt give him that title. Bird is/was the best and there is no question.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: So we're gonna play the trade Pierce card like this is his fault:
    [QUOTE]Paul Pierce made a mistake.  He showed up to play basketball for the Celtics after the lockout, instead of to the set of "Biggest Losers"! Under his salary, for last year, he was paid $267,000 a WEEK to stay in shape.  He showed up so FAT that Doc almost had a stroke. He was more interested in "Eat Arounds" than "Shoot Arounds"! Trade him to a team that has great resturants.
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny...and true.. he did show up fat and out of shape and in my mind there is no excuse for that....it shows a lack of discipline and disrespect for the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Harsh! He just got married, it happens. Now he's in shape and ready to ball. Go CPP, Go Celtics!
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Really... look at his stats for February and tell me he is ready to ball....