So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?

-Shaq decides to retire
    -Krstic signs 2 year deal in Russia
    -Rondo & Green for Perk & Westbrook trade offer denied by OKC
    -DH trade market doesn't materialize
    -CP3 trade with NO killed
    -Delonte insists on more than the vet min
    -DWest picks Pacers over Celts
    -R. Evans turns down Celts
    -Green out for year and will be unrestricted FA next year
    -PP shows up to camp out of shape and injures heel
    -First round pick JJJ ends-up being more of a project in first year
    -Bradley doesn't improve in his second year
    -KG has no lift and getting older by the game
    -Kevin Love rumored to get max contract from Wolves
    -Westbrook to get max contract in OKC
    -Rondo gets injured in first month of season

I know Danny is Mormon and doesn't drink but I wouldn't blame him for having a few if this run of luck continues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?

Dooling and Rondo both questionable for Phoenix game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

You make your own luck

Do not trade Perkins, do not trade Brooks for JJ and do not trade for Bradley an individual talent with no NBA position.

Still 2012 has a bumper draft so that should be the focus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Forgot to add Shaq retiring in the offseason

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?:
    [QUOTE]-Krstic signs 2 year deal in Russia -Rondo & Green for Perk & Westbrook trade offer denied by OKC -DH trade market doesn't materialize -CP3 trade with NO killed -Delonte insists on more than the vet min -DWest picks Pacers over Celts -R. Evans turns down Celts -Green out for year and will be unrestricted FA next year -PP shows up to camp out of shape and injures heel -First round pick JJJ ends-up being more of a project in first year -Bradley doesn't improve in his second year -KG has no lift and getting older by the game -Kevin Love rumored to get max contract from Wolves -Westbrook to get max contract in OKC -Rondo gets injured in first month of season I know Danny is Mormon and doesn't drink but I wouldn't blame him for having a few if this run of luck continues.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

The luck continues and I know what's next.

Lottery... here we go!

The Cs  have the worst record in the NBA this year... seeding them 1st in the ping pong tourney (with a 25% chance at a Tim Duncan type or whoever) and....  and..... and.... well you know the rest of the story.

Hint....  a TimmyD fails to show at pick #4 but we somehow get the new 7-3, 165 lb phenom... MarShon SquatDoodle, DA's newest NBADL project... who has Michael Sweetney-like knowledge of the game and quickness but w/o Sweet's bulk or shooting skills.

DA contends that SquatDoodle has the potential to be a very "special" player. 

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

C's not a lottery team.  Here's what happens:

1. C's start to win more games.  Reach 6th, or 7th spot for the playoffs.  
    2. They make noise in round 1, maybe win it if they are in the 6th spot.
    3. KG and JON retire. Shaq and Sheed come off the books.  Ray signs for a small 2 year deal.
    4. Danny uses the draft picks and at least one player to trade for a higher draft choice or another star.
    5. Danny uses the cap space to sign a good, not great player, although he tries DWill, Howard, and Love but they go elsewhere.
    6. Green reups with the Celtics to a multi-year deal and is healthy
    7. Celts new lineup is Rondo, Green, Bass, Moore, JJ (who may be traded), Ray Ray, Pierce, Dooling, 2 new young/fast players from the draft, and one rebounder from free agency. 

The transition is in full stride and the C's are still a playoff team and more athletic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Forgot to clear up step 2b:  C's put up valiant effort in second round but lose in 6 games to bring the Big 3 era to a close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?:
    [QUOTE]Forgot to clear up step 2b:  C's put up valiant effort in second round but lose in 6 games to bring the Big 3 era to a close.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Sounds all plausible to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Forgot to clear up step 2b:  C's put up valiant effort in second round but lose in 6 games to bring the Big 3 era to a close.

Or Ray learns to play defense,  KG gets on steriods and starts dominating the paint, Pierce quits turning the ball over, Rondo learns to shoot, JO get a adrenaline shot and starts averaging a double double,  Avery turns into a monster on offense and actually knows what he is doing and Doc learns how to rest his starters.  The Celtics breeze thru the playoffs and hang another banner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : Or Ray learns to play defense,  KG gets on steriods and starts dominating the paint, Pierce quits turning the ball over, Rondo learns to shoot, JO get a adrenaline shot and starts averaging a double double,  Avery turns into a monster on offense and actually knows what he is doing and Doc learns how to rest his starters.  The Celtics breeze thru the playoffs and hang another banner.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Laughed out Loud!!!!   How do we get them to sign up for that plan?  Maybe Hypnosis?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]C's not a lottery team.  Here's what happens: 1. C's start to win more games.  Reach 6th, or 7th spot for the playoffs.   2. They make noise in round 1, maybe win it if they are in the 6th spot. 3. KG and JON retire. Shaq and Sheed come off the books.  Ray signs for a small 2 year deal. 4. Danny uses the draft picks and at least one player to trade for a higher draft choice or another star. 5. Danny uses the cap space to sign a good, not great player, although he tries DWill, Howard, and Love but they go elsewhere. 6. Green reups with the Celtics to a multi-year deal and is healthy 7. Celts new lineup is Rondo, Green, Bass, Moore, JJ (who may be traded), Ray Ray, Pierce, Dooling, 2 new young/fast players from the draft, and one rebounder from free agency.  The transition is in full stride and the C's are still a playoff team and more athletic.

Yeah, I think there's a real good chance that all these things happen this year but unfortunately I don't think that it would make the C's much better than a 5th seed in next year's play-offs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : Or Ray learns to play defense,  KG gets on steriods and starts dominating the paint, Pierce quits turning the ball over, Rondo learns to shoot, JO get a adrenaline shot and starts averaging a double double,  Avery turns into a monster on offense and actually knows what he is doing and Doc learns how to rest his starters.  The Celtics breeze thru the playoffs and hang another banner.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

HA, must have been vacationong on fantasy island alot???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : Yeah, I think there's a real good chance that all these things happen this year but unfortunately I don't think that it would make the C's much better than a 5th seed in next year's play-offs.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

How can you predict?  You don't know who the draft choices would be nor who the free agent signing would be (nor the trade I mentioned).   I think the future is bright.  Rondo, Green, Bass, Pierce, and Pietrus is a pretty darn good team there.  Add Moore, JJ, two more rookies drafted in the first round (or one better if Danny trades up), Steimsma, (and Ray off the bench) plus whatever free agent they can sign with all that cap room and you're talking a darn good team.    All Danny has to do is sign a good Center (not an easy task).  But, Remember Rondo is better than any point guard in the east and he's running with Green, Bass, Pietrus, and some young guys.  Just need rebounding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : How can you predict?  You don't know who the draft choices would be nor who the free agent signing would be (nor the trade I mentioned).   I think the future is bright.  Rondo, Green, Bass, Pierce, and Pietrus is a pretty darn good team there.  Add Moore, JJ, two more rookies drafted in the first round (or one better if Danny trades up), Steimsma, (and Ray off the bench) plus whatever free agent they can sign with all that cap room and you're talking a darn good team.    All Danny has to do is sign a good Center (not an easy task).  But, Remember Rondo is better than any point guard in the east and he's running with Green, Bass, Pietrus, and some young guys.  Just need rebounding.
    I think it's defintely a great way to get younger. However, as DA has said "this league is built on stars and you don't win unless you have franchise players", so it will depend a lot on the progress of mid to low first rounders and a second rounder in Moore. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan4life,
    You forgot to mention keeping Pietrus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan4life, You forgot to mention keeping Pietrus.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Good catch. You are correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : How can you predict?  You don't know who the draft choices would be nor who the free agent signing would be (nor the trade I mentioned).   I think the future is bright.  Rondo, Green, Bass, Pierce, and Pietrus is a pretty darn good team there.  Add Moore, JJ, two more rookies drafted in the first round (or one better if Danny trades up), Steimsma, (and Ray off the bench) plus whatever free agent they can sign with all that cap room and you're talking a darn good team.    All Danny has to do is sign a good Center (not an easy task).  But, Remember Rondo is better than any point guard in the east and he's running with Green, Bass, Pietrus, and some young guys.  Just need rebounding.

Word .... McGee

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : How do we get Javale McGee? By offering him the MLE? Ha Ha A max contract? You willing to bet on that?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I've read that his agent is looking for D. Jordan numbers and that the Wiz may not want to make the investment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year? : How do we get Javale McGee? By offering him the MLE? Ha Ha A max contract? You willing to bet on that?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna trade Rondo or Pierce to the Lakers .... Unlike someone here!

And yes, If I'm the Celtics I'm willing to bet that the Wiz won't match a big offer to a RFA approaching Jordan's numbers in the three day time limit that they have to respond ... and given the  dearth of skilled big men I am willing to take that risk ($) to get him this summer if DH is undoable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Eric Gordon is still a RFA after this season right? I say throw some money at him and hope NO doesn't want to pay. Add that to two first rounders...probably a high and low pick, and a second. I have a feeling the C's are pretty much going to falter this season, and I have my doubts about the Clips. Whether either becomes a lottery pick...probably not. But this is supposed to be a deep draft. Go out and use one pick on size and another on a swingman.

You then might be able to get Ray as a bench guy. He would be a beautiful situational shooter. KG is likely done...and it wouldn't surprise me if PP is as well...at least in Boston. You use the money from them for Gordon, and you spend the rest on a big guy.
    I think Rondo, Gordon, Bass, Pietrus, Steamer, Moore, JJ, Bradley, and 3 picks is a core you can build on. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The important thing is McGee and the state of his mind.  I think he has shown a lack of mental discipline with his play even with so much talent.  On a team of young players in 2013 how would you motivate this kid.  If you watch him play he appears clueless.  Thinking more about what dunks he can make at the All-Star game than how to help his team win.

He is stuck in the worst team culture in the NBA right now.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]The important thing is McGee and the state of his mind.  I think he has shown a lack of mental discipline with his play even with so much talent.  On a team of young players in 2013 how would you motivate this kid.  If you watch him play he appears clueless.  Thinking more about what dunks he can make at the All-Star game than how to help his team win. He is stuck in the worst team culture in the NBA right now.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Change is good ....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Change is a necessity, but using free agency money on an unfit player is not wise. Javale McGee appears to be a very immature player.  You want to build a team around him?