Re: So what else could possibly go wrong for DA this year?
posted at 1/19/2012 5:18 PM EST
C's not a lottery team. Here's what happens:
1. C's start to win more games. Reach 6th, or 7th spot for the playoffs.
2. They make noise in round 1, maybe win it if they are in the 6th spot.
3. KG and JON retire. Shaq and Sheed come off the books. Ray signs for a small 2 year deal.
4. Danny uses the draft picks and at least one player to trade for a higher draft choice or another star.
5. Danny uses the cap space to sign a good, not great player, although he tries DWill, Howard, and Love but they go elsewhere.
6. Green reups with the Celtics to a multi-year deal and is healthy
7. Celts new lineup is Rondo, Green, Bass, Moore, JJ (who may be traded), Ray Ray, Pierce, Dooling, 2 new young/fast players from the draft, and one rebounder from free agency.
The transition is in full stride and the C's are still a playoff team and more athletic.