SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!

celts would have won tonite versus hawks had it been an actual playoff game and we had our full complement of players as they did and werent afraid to play them 40-42 minutes as the hawks did with most of their guys. no back to backs in playoffs. plus we will have a fresh shaq and jo or even a sheed (if krstic is done). in some ways its perhaps best its over so we can really start giving guys like ray full days of! doesnt matter who we play in the first round we will smoke them. doesnt matter if we play orlando or the heat in the second round, we will find away to close them out too. celts are fully capable of winning 3 series in a row on the road. they will rally around that us versus us theme!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Re: SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!

Phily will beat them in the first round easy if they keep playing the way they have been

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree we are on the right track.  Wish we could have got the win though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Are you guys watching the same team I am???
    They KEEP BLOWING LEADS and LOSE TO HORRIBLE TEAMS!
    This team has almost NO CHANCE this year.
    Get real folks...accept it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Communist is a fortune teller now cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!:
    [QUOTE]Communist is a fortune teller now cool
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

By that measure, so is vegasredsox...

Nothing wrong with a little positive thinking.  God knows the team needs to be thinking that way - not as a substitute for fixing the issues but certainly a complement.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Let's just focus on GETTING to that Finals Game 7.  :)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

One day at a time, Rico, one day at a time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

So what if you finish 3rd? Loser talk!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]So what if you finish 3rd? Loser talk!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.. We are witnessing GREATNESS in the LAKERS right now. 17 -1 since the All-Star break. Combine the rest of the league, and I'll still take the LAKERS in a 7 game series. Money mouth

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! : By that measure, so is vegasredsox... Nothing wrong with a little positive thinking.  God knows the team needs to be thinking that way - not as a substitute for fixing the issues but certainly a complement.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]kevin mchale of all peeps had me ROFL'g when he said the other day that big baby does everything well on defense except GROW! thats is something no amount of scheming or effort can disguise as is! this team is height-challenged! ainge's concern was about who would defend the multiple wings the celts would play which is y hetraded perk. right now it is big guys in the paint that are killing us! we are on the right trak for our wing defense has been exceptional as green has proven he can cover all 3s. diito with west and even murphy when he was out there. wafer can also be serviceable out there as well. i'm optimistic for jo seems healthy and willing to play thru any pain or shoot up in likely his last year. ditto with shaq who is still 7'1 and about 360 pounds! krstic is still 7 feet of softness but still not a bad 3rd center. or sheed if krstic cant go. baby should not be playing too much defensive center quite frankly against offensive centers, same goes with kg.  ahealthy shaq would have been a great option to close tonite's game. eventually we may go with kg at the 5 along with jeff green even versus the lakers for they often pull out bynum so that may work. overall, i agree with all who say the health of the O'NEALS will determine the fate of this team. talking 30 games! thats danny's gamble! i'm OPTIMISTIC... no guarantee would have been a better health alternative.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! : kevin mchale of all peeps had me ROFL'g when he said the other day that big baby does everything well on defense except GROW! thats is something no amount of scheming or effort can disguise as is! this team is height-challenged! ainge's concern was about who would defend the multiple wings the celts would play which is y hetraded perk. right now it is big guys in the paint that are killing us! we are on the right trak for our wing defense has been exceptional as green has proven he can cover all 3s. diito with west and even murphy when he was out there. wafer can also be serviceable out there as well. i'm optimistic for jo seems healthy and willing to play thru any pain or shoot up in likely his last year. ditto with shaq who is still 7'1 and about 360 pounds! krstic is still 7 feet of softness but still not a bad 3rd center. or sheed if krstic cant go. baby should not be playing too much defensive center quite frankly against offensive centers, same goes with kg.  ahealthy shaq would have been a great option to close tonite's game. eventually we may go with kg at the 5 along with jeff green even versus the lakers for they often pull out bynum so that may work. overall, i agree with all who say the health of the O'NEALS will determine the fate of this team. talking 30 games! thats danny's gamble! i'm OPTIMISTIC... no guarantee would have been a better health alternative.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard McHale say that too, LOL!  It is comical at how little the Celtics' big men are.  What is Baby, 6-8?  6-9?  Of the 7 footers we do have, two are out injured, another is on very limited minutes and the other is our starting power forward.  If Baby had a little more height... if we could "grow" him a little bit - imagine what he could do for us!

Sometimes I wish the NBA were set up more like MLB in which we all had minor league affiliate teams... so if we needed a center, we called up a center and if we needed a point guard we called up a point guard, etc... and that we had the option of putting injured players on a Disabled List without necessarily losing an active roster spot.  With all our injuries, we so easily get short-handed at one position or another, and it's a shame because health issues aside, we probably have the deepest team in the league.

But I do think Shaq is coming back soon.  He's clearly been rehabbing because the with the pictures I've seen of him, he seems to have lost a good 20 pounds.  He can't get back soon enough and I truly hope Krstic is OK because we will need a 3rd center behind the O'Neals.

Keep the faith!  We are DUE for some luck this season!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!:
    [QUOTE]celts would have won tonite versus hawks had it been an actual playoff game and we had our full complement of players as they did and werent afraid to play them 40-42 minutes as the hawks did with most of their guys. no back to backs in playoffs. plus we will have a fresh shaq and jo or even a sheed (if krstic is done). in some ways its perhaps best its over so we can really start giving guys like ray full days of! doesnt matter who we play in the first round we will smoke them. doesnt matter if we play orlando or the heat in the second round, we will find away to close them out too. celts are fully capable of winning 3 series in a row on the road. they will rally around that us versus us theme!

It appears that the ideal finish cannot happen - the Cs need a situation where the Bulls have to play Miami prior to playing the Cs.  That would require that the Cs finish first and the Bulls some combination of 2nd and 3rd.

There is of course the hope that if the Cs finished 4th then whomever plays in the series with the 2nd and 3rd seeds knocks out either Miami or the Bulls.

Playing the Bulls and Miami in consecutive series does not bode well from my perspective but if somehow the seeding allows one of them to pick each other off, that would be ideal for the Cs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There's no way people can honestly watch that game and still think this team is "...on the right track".  DWest looked good, I guess.  Otherwise, there's nothing good about last night, guys. This team fizzled down the stretch and only played about 36 minutes of basketball.  How many FTs did they miss?  And why did they stop playing defense?  Even if we take the position that the refs are one-sided, Boston still loses that game.  I appreciate people who can remain optimistic, but this is just blind logic. 

If Atlanta can do this to the Celtics, think about a real playoff team.  Celtics are in deep trouble.  Something is eating this team up; Doc's impending departure?  The trade?  The lack of a big man?  Whatever it is, this is not a playoff-winning team.  They're going to land the three seed, and it actually did matter this year.

If people want to see a deadly team, look no further than LA or CHI.  The C's are not on the same basketball planet as either of these two teams.  LA is going to roll into the finals, albeit with help from the refs.  They're one of the least penalized teams in the league, and Phil gets away with whatever he wants.  But they'll kill this C's team if Boston doesn't figure out how to play 48 minutes.

So what was so positive about that game last night? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! : It appears that the ideal finish cannot happen - the Cs need a situation where the Bulls have to play Miami prior to playing the Cs.  That would require that the Cs finish first and the Bulls some combination of 2nd and 3rd. There is of course the hope that if the Cs finished 4th then whomever plays in the series with the 2nd and 3rd seeds knocks out either Miami or the Bulls. Playing the Bulls and Miami in consecutive series does not bode well from my perspective but if somehow the seeding allows one of them to pick each other off, that would be ideal for the Cs.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]what kind of loser-defeatist thinking is this? we can't beat the miami pansies in the playoffs with the healthy o'neals? thats the easiest matchup for us.. easier than orlando! same with the experienceless chicago and non-bigman to compete with shaq down low or with garnett! rondo will certainly be up for that series. also dont be shocked if the laker get a big man injury. they are due too.. celts have been deimated! fact is i expect the celts to run thru the east to the finals with the healthy oneals regardless of where they finish. playoff basketbal is not reg season ball. this team plays better as the underdog, so please "mis-underestimate" us!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

absolutely horrible lose last night.  This game was given to the hawks, who by the way are pretty bad too.  Its tough to watchthis team give away home court in the playoffs.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Last nights game was a gift to the Hawks, I hated to watch
    the game and actually I put it on MUTE. I wish the C's luck
    on the remaining games. Hopefully they will pull through some
    how.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to SO WHAT IF WE FINISH THIRD... WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!:
    [QUOTE]celts would have won tonite versus hawks had it been an actual playoff game and we had our full complement of players as they did and werent afraid to play them 40-42 minutes as the hawks did with most of their guys. no back to backs in playoffs. plus we will have a fresh shaq and jo or even a sheed (if krstic is done). in some ways its perhaps best its over so we can really start giving guys like ray full days of! doesnt matter who we play in the first round we will smoke them. doesnt matter if we play orlando or the heat in the second round, we will find away to close them out too. celts are fully capable of winning 3 series in a row on the road. they will rally around that us versus us theme!
    I'm not worried until we get to the Bulls in the conference championship. We should beat the Heat and Philly/NY. If we can pull to within 2 games before we face the Bulls in one of the last few games of the year we have a chance to get the number one seed if we beat the Bulls in that regular season game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Last nights game was a gift to the Hawks, I hated to watch the game and actually I put it on MUTE. I wish the C's luck on the remaining games. Hopefully they will pull through some how.
    Posted by cdwright[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.  I've had to put a lot of games on mute these past 3 weeks.