SO WHEN DO WE RETIRE #7 TO THE RAFTERS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO WHEN DO WE RETIRE #7 TO THE RAFTERS?

anyone noticed how jermaine "only half of kendrick perkins" o'neal is dominating the paint and transforming this team's defense? lokks like doc too is finally noticing. the bb experiment of closing games is OVER! love how in game 3, doc skillfully rested jo to bring him in superfresh with pp at the 7-minute mark to close out the knicks. with bb in there, knicks had creduced the 17-point lead to only four as the knicks repeatedly outrebounded and attacked the paint. in the first minute of returning, jo had a key block, intimidated an easy layup opportunity by melo causing him to blow the bunny and controlled the boards. plus his movements is simply incredible right now. he is only playing 22-24 minutes, which are about what perky averaged but as we move in the playoffs, i can see doc increasing those minutes to 30  or so as he limits bb to about 20 minutes as opposed to 25-35 minutes! 

if we win a ring this year, obviously we won't retire jo's number but we certainly should view him as we do guys like eddie house, james posey and tony allen. he should never have to buy a drink in boston ever again. even if shaq comes back, jo should remain the starter. jo has given this team its SWAGGER back. without him, we do not sweep the knicks or win yesterday. the knicks would have owned the boards and the paint which was the issue for most of the last few months of the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Re: SO WHEN DO WE RETIRE #7 TO THE RAFTERS?

I agree with you, JO is a big surprise for everybody. If Shaq can play 15min a game we are better than before the trade

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

JO has been amazing...it wont show up in the stat sheet...but the little things he does has really helped us! he clogs up the whole...he blocks shots....he alters shots....he just brings it at the defensive end..!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He has been awesome and a great surprise during the playoffs.  If Shaq returns and he can also contribute the two of them will definitely help this team going forward. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Wow, retiring Celtics Jersey Number 7 will be a battle with Tiny Archibald.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

nice to see you again, 1986! Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Never expected anything like this from JO. I thought he was old, hurt and washed up.

Danny & Doc: geniuses.

Me: stupid, emotional fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

A lot of Celtic fans ought to be embarassed the way they attacked this guy. He has always been a decent shot blocker and Doc did make the right move putting him in for defense at the of the game. If Shaq can give us 15 minutes along with JO we will be formidable the next round. If they could both come back healthy and I know that is a big if, with Green, Kristic and Delonte for a whole year, we could make another run next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

In Response to SO WHEN DO WE RETIRE #7 TO THE RAFTERS?:
    [QUOTE]anyone noticed how jermaine "only half of kendrick perkins" o'neal is dominating the paint and transforming this team's defense? lokks like doc too is finally noticing. the bb experiment of closing games is OVER! love how in game 3, doc skillfully rested jo to bring him in superfresh with pp at the 7-minute mark to close out the knicks. with bb in there, knicks had creduced the 17-point lead to only four as the knicks repeatedly outrebounded and attacked the paint. in the first minute of returning, jo had a key block, intimidated an easy layup opportunity by melo causing him to blow the bunny and controlled the boards. plus his movements is simply incredible right now. he is only playing 22-24 minutes, which are about what perky averaged but as we move in the playoffs, i can see doc increasing those minutes to 30  or so as he limits bb to about 20 minutes as opposed to 25-35 minutes!  if we win a ring this year, obviously we won't retire jo's number but we certainly should view him as we do guys like eddie house, james posey and tony allen. he should never have to buy a drink in boston ever again. even if shaq comes back, jo should remain the starter. jo has given this team its SWAGGER back. without him, we do not sweep the knicks or win yesterday. the knicks would have owned the boards and the paint which was the issue for most of the last few months of the season. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

As soon as JO came in Amar'e stopped going to the basket. He had scored a couple in arow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

J/O is the one I want finishing games. Even if Shaq was back at his November December self. I would rather have more agile J/O in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Ditto here. I loved JO when he was younger but after seeing him in Miami I thought he was pretty much spent. I was so wrong. Way to go JO!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: SO WHEN DO WE RETIRE #7 TO THE RAFTERS?:
    [QUOTE]Wow, retiring Celtics Jersey Number 7 will be a battle with Tiny Archibald.
    Posted by 1986[/QUOTE]so y was jo allowed to wear #7?