So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

Lol. Yep everyone seems to have their own view on Perk and so be it.
    Now what is this fixation on who is going to guard Howard. The Magic in my opinion are not a threat in the East. Howard can't win a 7 game series against the C's by himself. The Magic live and die by the three and no team has ever won a championship that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

So who the hell will block out DHoward now?

Who said Perk can't block DHoward --- who is stopping him not to block Howard?
    He can still do it in Oklahoma.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The foucs has changed imo.  The Celts are no longer worried about matching up against the Magic & Lakers.  They are more concerned about the Heat, Bulls, Spurs & Mavs. 

Also remember, we had Perk last season in the finals except for game 7, but the Lakers still dominated the boards. Perk wasnt much of a factor. Bynum & Gasol played volleyball all game underneath.

At least now Shaq can stop some of that, so can a healthy KG... if the Lakers even make it to the finals...

Further, just as big a problem in the finals last year was our inability to score points. Perk is extremely low on the totum pole as an offensive threat. He struggles to dunk.... he winds up for 3-4 seconds b4 even going up, his shots often blocked.....so on & so forth... the list gets much longer

Now we have more much firepower ... even Kristic can shoot and make FT's... opens up the offense for us, lots less sagging defense with both Rondo & Perk on the floor at the same time.

Still, I dont feel real comfortable without another Center being picked up by Danny.. Maybe thats Sheed... who knows. Just feeling shaky about relying on our wounded horses (Shaw & JON) to even make it to the playoffs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Just feeling shaky about relying on our wounded horses (Shaw & JON) to even make it to the playoffs

Karl -- I believed JO is sick but I think Celtics milking Shaq's longevity in preparation for the playoff. I have a feeling that Shaq is not sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    [QUOTE]Just feeling shaky about relying on our wounded horses (Shaw & JON) to even make it to the playoffs Karl -- I believed JO is sick but I think Celtics milking Shaq's longevity in preparation for the playoff. I have a feeling that Shaq is not sick.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che, I think you're right on that one.

They will give Shaq lots of time off even after he returns. Just want him in shape and healthy for the playoffs. It makes sense too.

Too much risk making him grind out the season with his propensity to get injured and worn out. Good point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Danny and Doc are the ones that know the extent of both Shaq and JON injuries. They are holding out Shaq because they need him in the playoffs.  They have recently said that JON is way ahead of rehab and will be ready soon. In hindsight they should have done surgery on JON alot sooner. Can't wait for the game tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Howard is not the worry, it is Bynum. Baby can guard Howard, but not Bynum.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

You can't be sure that the Lakers will make it to the finals this year.  I still believe the Spurs will be the team playing in the NBA finals.  They still haven't lost any home games and since they have the best record they have the advantage.  They aren't getting the credit their deserve, but they are the best team in the West this year and will be very difficult to beat in any playoff series. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    [QUOTE]Perkins was one of the major reasons we beat the Magic last year.  I can't understand this trade? And what about Doc's "This starting 5 has never been beaten in a playoff series!" ?
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

We already  beat Orlando twicw without Perkins.Orlando have been beaten 20 times this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now?:
    [QUOTE]Perkins was one of the major reasons we beat the Magic last year.  I can't understand this trade? And what about Doc's "This starting 5 has never been beaten in a playoff series!" ?
    Posted by rpn313[/QUOTE]

Who will stop Dwight Howard? The same person that will negate the Lakers size and give us a competitve advantage vs the Heat. NOBODY!

But who needs all that when you can solve a problem that didn't exist to begin with and get a backup SF? I guess there's some sort of reason we couldn't just have Von Wafer backup PP. At least in Danny's tiny little mind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to So who the hell will block out DHoward now? : Perkins was dominated by Howard in their last meeting and Perk's defense is vastly overrated. Let Howard score 40 and get 20 rebounds and the Cs still win by 20 because the Magic do not have enough perimeter offense to beat the Cs perimeter defense. Perkins missed the entire first half of the season and the Cs just happened to have had the 2nd best defense in the league - what a surprise!!!!!! This is the mindset - Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st, Halloween is Nov 1st...... well if you say it enough, it must be true..... Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender, Perk is a great post defender...... Let's try this one - Perk has hands of stone, thinks he is Hakeem / Kareem / Russ / Wilt / Howard..... um he isn't..... but he continues to think he is.  Now he can be a back up to Ibaka.  Perk's mindset - run the offense through me.... objective perspective of Perk - 3 seconds waiting to happen, turnover waiting to happen, hands of stone, overrated defense, terrible footwork, no offensive game facing or back to the basket, terrible free throw shooter.... journeyman center....... Shaq, Krstic, Murphy, and Davis will all guard Howard (even though Miami will take Orlando out of the playoffs before there is even a chance to think about guarding Howard) and they are all better offensive players than Perk. Let's all say it together - "some of us blindfolded, green-glasses homers tend to overrate the talent of our teams"......  One man's treasure is another man's trash......  OKC cannot afford to pay Green real money next year but they will have two centers both of whom are likely better than Perk - Nazr and Ibaka. Please remind of the last season where Perk did not have surgery.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure Ibaka is a 4, which is why they were willing to trade Green because Ibaka was outperforming him coming off the bench. Also I disagree, I think Perk is a great post defender, just look at last years playoffs vs  the Magic, but I'll agree that he is not a good offensive player. But he never once has shown any desire to have the offense run through him, or any fancy Hakeem wannabe moves.