Spurs Assistant Brett Brown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Spurs Assistant Brett Brown

SI, is saying that's who the Celtics will hire.  Spurs tree, is always a good place to look.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Spurs Assistant Brett Brown

Nothing wrong with hiring a guy from a winning organization.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What about our assistant Larannaga (sp?) who already has some relationship and knowledge of the players. He was also pretty successful with the D League.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

What about our assistant Larannaga (sp?) who already has some relationship and knowledge of the players. He was also pretty successful with the D League.

Well, we might. I'm just throwing out what Si said, not really advocating one way or the other. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

http://www.celticsblog.com/2013/6/26/4468530/sis-ian-thomsen-says-celtics-interested-in-spurs-assistant-brett-brown

Good resume

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

SI, is saying that's who the Celtics will hire.  Spurs tree, is always a good place to look.

I like that idea.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Will he be on board by tomorrow night or does Ainge do it alone With his scouts? I guess the question still is will he be the one? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would like to see someone inhouse if possible.  Someone who understands Celtics pride and carries over the KG-like commitment to intensity on D.  I think its most important to bring in a guy who is good at player development.  Ideally, one of the following 4 Celtic assistants below (I have in order of my preference) works with KG (as assistant player-coach) for a year, then we reassess head coach candidates.

Armond Hill - Assistant Coach

Armond Hill begins his ninth season as an Assistant Coach for the Boston Celtics...brings over 19 years of experience as either a head or assistant coach at the high school and collegiate level, was most recently an assistant coach with the Atlanta Hawks during the 2003-04 season. Prior to joining the Hawks staff, Hill spent eight years as head coach at Columbia University, where his 2001-02 team led the nation in scoring defense, holding opponents to 57.0 points per game.

Hill won two Coach of the Year Awards and in 1990, led Lawrenceville to the New Jersey State Prep School Championship. He returned to his alma mater in 1991 as an assistant coach, helping guide Princeton to a 71-35 record over four seasons, winning the Ivy League title and going to the NCAA Tournament in 1992.

After being named Ivy League Player of the Year in 1976, Hill was drafted ninth overall by the Atlanta Hawks in the 1976 NBA Draft. He played eight seasons in the NBA.

He returned to Princeton after his playing career to complete his baccalaureate degree, earning a B.A. in psychology in 1985.

Tyronn Lue - Assistant Coach Tyronn Lue

Tyronn Lue begins his fourth season with the Celtics and his second as an assistant coach. He previously served as the Director of Basketball Development from 2009-11. Lue joined the team prior to the start of the 2009-10 season.

Lue, a member of the 2000 and 2001 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship teams, played in the NBA for 11 seasons and appeared in 554 career games. Originally drafted by the Denver Nuggets with the 23rd overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, he was then traded to the LA Lakers. Lue is a native of Mexico, Missouri. At Nebraska, Lue averaged 15.9 points and 4.4 assists in his three-year career as a Cornhusker and left the program ranking third in assists (432), fourth in three-pointers made (145), fifth in steals (154) and seventh in points (1,577). Lue was named First Team All-Big 12 his junior season after averaging 21.2 points and 4.8 assists.

Kevin Eastman - Assistant Coach Kevin Eastman

Kevin Eastman starts his eighth season as an Assistant Coach for the Boston Celtics. He  brings over 22 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level. He serves as Nike Basketball’s National Director of Skill Development and is a frequent speaker at coaching clinics and corporate meetings. Eastman was also a member of the Celtics 2008 NBA Championship coaching staff.

Eastman spent five seasons from 1994-1999 as head coach at Washington State University. Prior to spending four seasons as head coach at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, he was an assistant coach at the University of Tulsa for the 1989-90 season. Eastman served as head coach and athletic director at Belmont Abbey College from 1986-1989.

Eastman is a 1978 graduate of the University of Richmond, where he played his collegiate basketball. Eastman also earned his Masters Degree in Athletic Administration from Richmond in 1989.

Jay Larranaga - Assistant Coach Jay Larranaga

Jay Larranaga enters his first season as an Assistant Coach with the Boston Celtics. Larranaga spent the previous two seasons as head coach of the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. In two seasons with the BayHawks, Larranaga led his squad to consecutive playoff appearances while accumulating a regular season record of 60-40. He also established team records for all-time wins (60), wins in a season (32) and player call ups (12). During Larranaga's two years in Erie, eight different players received NBA Call-Ups.

Prior to arriving in Erie, Larranaga served as an assistant coach at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York and before that he was head coach of the Irish National Team for two years. Jay is the son of the current University of Miami head coach Jim Larranaga, whom he played for at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. After graduating from Bowling Green in 1997, Larranaga played professionally in Italy, Spain, France and Greece for 12 years. He won three championships as a player and served as captain of the Irish National Team from 2001-2006. Larranaga spent the summer of 2012 as an assistant for the Ukraine National Team under former NBA coach Mike Fratello.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sorry but I don't want anyone off the staff. They haven't proven anything. We were one of the worst rebounding teams, couldn't score, up and down defense...no thanks.

Lue is joining Doc in LA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm a George Karl guy. Who ever works is good for me. Spurs have done well and as a asst C he had hand in doing that,as well as combining aging stars and young talent. If he had a hand in that,I never thought of it but makes sense. I like Karl because of thefact that I see more scenarios wher contend than getting in the lottery. Call me Pollyanna but, a few right moves and we could be better than 1 and done. Let's just say we have most of the roster we have now and amnesty 1 guy(Terry and make him a asst coach like we did Lue). Don't resign Wilcox,White wouldn't we have the wiggle room to sign both D Harrris and Delembert? I'm not saying these guys are top tier but D Harris is the #1 canadate for wanting to be the "hero to zero and back" ever? Same with Delembert. I have no problem with a roster opening day of ; KG,PP,JG,AB,JS,T Will. J Craw,Deli,DHow,RR,Lee,Rando and ? ( TBA) Friday. Right coach,right health,right blend and who knows? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I would like to see someone inhouse if possible.  Someone who understands Celtics pride and carries over the KG-like commitment to intensity on D.  I think its most important to bring in a guy who is good at player development.  Ideally, one of the following 4 Celtic assistants below (I have in order of my preference) works with KG (as assistant player-coach) for a year, then we reassess head coach candidates.

Armond Hill - Assistant Coach

Armond Hill begins his ninth season as an Assistant Coach for the Boston Celtics...brings over 19 years of experience as either a head or assistant coach at the high school and collegiate level, was most recently an assistant coach with the Atlanta Hawks during the 2003-04 season. Prior to joining the Hawks staff, Hill spent eight years as head coach at Columbia University, where his 2001-02 team led the nation in scoring defense, holding opponents to 57.0 points per game.

Hill won two Coach of the Year Awards and in 1990, led Lawrenceville to the New Jersey State Prep School Championship. He returned to his alma mater in 1991 as an assistant coach, helping guide Princeton to a 71-35 record over four seasons, winning the Ivy League title and going to the NCAA Tournament in 1992.

After being named Ivy League Player of the Year in 1976, Hill was drafted ninth overall by the Atlanta Hawks in the 1976 NBA Draft. He played eight seasons in the NBA.

He returned to Princeton after his playing career to complete his baccalaureate degree, earning a B.A. in psychology in 1985.

Tyronn Lue - Assistant Coach Tyronn Lue

Tyronn Lue begins his fourth season with the Celtics and his second as an assistant coach. He previously served as the Director of Basketball Development from 2009-11. Lue joined the team prior to the start of the 2009-10 season.

Lue, a member of the 2000 and 2001 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Championship teams, played in the NBA for 11 seasons and appeared in 554 career games. Originally drafted by the Denver Nuggets with the 23rd overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, he was then traded to the LA Lakers. Lue is a native of Mexico, Missouri. At Nebraska, Lue averaged 15.9 points and 4.4 assists in his three-year career as a Cornhusker and left the program ranking third in assists (432), fourth in three-pointers made (145), fifth in steals (154) and seventh in points (1,577). Lue was named First Team All-Big 12 his junior season after averaging 21.2 points and 4.8 assists.

Kevin Eastman - Assistant Coach Kevin Eastman

Kevin Eastman starts his eighth season as an Assistant Coach for the Boston Celtics. He  brings over 22 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level. He serves as Nike Basketball’s National Director of Skill Development and is a frequent speaker at coaching clinics and corporate meetings. Eastman was also a member of the Celtics 2008 NBA Championship coaching staff.

Eastman spent five seasons from 1994-1999 as head coach at Washington State University. Prior to spending four seasons as head coach at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington, he was an assistant coach at the University of Tulsa for the 1989-90 season. Eastman served as head coach and athletic director at Belmont Abbey College from 1986-1989.

Eastman is a 1978 graduate of the University of Richmond, where he played his collegiate basketball. Eastman also earned his Masters Degree in Athletic Administration from Richmond in 1989.

Jay Larranaga - Assistant Coach Jay Larranaga

Jay Larranaga enters his first season as an Assistant Coach with the Boston Celtics. Larranaga spent the previous two seasons as head coach of the Erie BayHawks of the NBA Development League. In two seasons with the BayHawks, Larranaga led his squad to consecutive playoff appearances while accumulating a regular season record of 60-40. He also established team records for all-time wins (60), wins in a season (32) and player call ups (12). During Larranaga's two years in Erie, eight different players received NBA Call-Ups.

Prior to arriving in Erie, Larranaga served as an assistant coach at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York and before that he was head coach of the Irish National Team for two years. Jay is the son of the current University of Miami head coach Jim Larranaga, whom he played for at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio. After graduating from Bowling Green in 1997, Larranaga played professionally in Italy, Spain, France and Greece for 12 years. He won three championships as a player and served as captain of the Irish National Team from 2001-2006. Larranaga spent the summer of 2012 as an assistant for the Ukraine National Team under former NBA coach Mike Fratello.

Seriously,it's sounds really stupid but I always thought A Hill was S. Lowe NC St.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Sorry but I don't want anyone off the staff. They haven't proven anything. We were one of the worst rebounding teams, couldn't score, up and down defense...no thanks.

Lue is joining Doc in LA.

ummm.  without any big men its tough to rebound...and thank the previous coach Doc for on court performance last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

I'd love to see one of the spurs assistants, or one of sloan's assistants be the choice, or even Kareem Abdul Jabbar be finally given a shot. He's a John Wooden Disciple - meaning he'll focus on fundamentals, and he won the few places he was given a chance to coach as a head coach even if it was minor league basketball. He has been an nba assistant,  and he helped groom bynum after he was drafted from a raw player into a semi polished offensive/defensive game. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Melo and Sully and whoever else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Brett Brown.

I like it.

He learned from Pop who is the best coach in the league.

15. This post has been removed.