Spurs bench stars in loss to Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Spurs bench stars in loss to Knicks

Wow.. just watched the Knicks beat the Spurs 128 -115.. was a track meet, neither team could get any stops.

Interesting thing...with just under 3 minutes to go, Knicks up by 10... Popovich benched Genobli, Duncan & Parker (i think) ..basically throwing in the towel. The announcers seemed to think it was premature to sit the starters, especially when a 10 point deficit isnt really that big in a game like this... where points were easy to come by.

Im thinkin he gave them a few extra minutes to rest up for the back2back vs the C's

Still, weird sitting them with 3 mins to go.

ps/ Knicks are fun to watch... like the Sund used to be, running, bombing 3's quickly... hard to keep up with them. Hopefully this game takes alot out of the Spurs so they drag their azzes tomorrow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Re: Spurs bench stars in loss to Knicks

magic to my ears

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

and tony allen had 19 point in memphis, nailing 2 crucial 3 pointers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs bench stars in loss to Knicks:
    [QUOTE]and tony allen had 19 point in memphis, nailing 2 crucial 3 pointers.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

What does it have to do with the Spurs and the Knicks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs bench stars in loss to Knicks : What does it have to do with the Spurs and the Knicks?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    nothing at all. it's just other nba news, and i didnt feel like starting another thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It should be a very good game tonight.  Even though the Spurs played last night, I am sure that they are really going to try to win tonight.  Since they currently have the best record in the NBA, I would imagine that they will try to keep this record going.

Very surprising game last night.  No defensive effort by either team.  Very unlike this Spurs team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]It should be a very good game tonight.  Even though the Spurs played last night, I am sure that they are really going to try to win tonight.  Since they currently have the best record in the NBA, I would imagine that they will try to keep this record going. Very surprising game last night.  No defensive effort by either team.  Very unlike this Spurs team. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I watched the Knick/Spurs game last night.

To start with, the Knicks usually dont play much defense... its hard for them to because of their style of play.. fast breaking, taking 3's early or on the break means everyone is fast breaking.

The Spurs just couldnt keep the pace up.  They played the Knicks game (just like we did in MSG last time) and couldnt make stops.

Should be different tonight just based upon styles. Spurs should be a little tired but who knows whats gonna happen..

Ginobli has always been one of my favorite players to watch.. hes really amazing. Need to root against him tonight...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think its pretty surprising how quickly the spurs changed their offensive style from a half court team to a team that wants to run...especially being that their players are a little older

good for them though...ive always been a quasi spurs fan since david robinson and avery johnson were running the show with sean elliot hitting big 3's

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There was no defense played in last night's game at all.  None.