Spurs game analysis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Spurs game analysis

Ray Allen Against the Spurs

If Ray scores 20 or more points - 50% chance Celtics win

If Ray makes 3 or more 3-point shots - 50% chance Celtics win

If Ray scores 20 or more and makes 3 or more 3-point shots - 100% Celtics win

If Ray fails to score 20 points - 50% chance Celtics lose

If Ray fails to make 3 or more 3-point shots - 50% chance Celtics lose

If Ray fails to score 20 points and fails to make at least 3 3-point shots - Celtics lose 100%

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I figured that would be your strategy. We already know you're the Rick Pitino of the NBA in terms of coaching. Let's hear from some real basketball fans that know basketball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs game analysis:
    [QUOTE]I figured that would be your strategy. We already know you're the Rick Pitino of the NBA in terms of coaching. Let's hear from some real basketball fans that know basketball.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Tell me, Bias, was there ever a game the Celtics lost this season when Ray scored 20 points? Or was there ever a game this season that the Celtics lost when Ray made 3 or more 3-pointers?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

WHO THE F cares!! You're the only one that cares about that stupid stat. You found a stat that you think holds relevance to why the C's are successful and you act like you found the cure for cancer. Big deal, what are you going to say when RA goes into his seasonal slump and can't throw it in the ocean?? Oh I know you'll run and hide or change it to "when Luke sits next to Erden we're 10-0"

You're so lame!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]WHO THE F cares!! You're the only one that cares about that stupid stat. You found a stat that you think holds relevance to why the C's are successful and you act like you found the cure for cancer. Big deal, what are you going to say when RA goes into his seasonal slump and can't throw it in the ocean?? Oh I know you'll run and hide or change it to "when Luke sits next to Erden we're 10-0" You're so lame!!

Are you freaking out? 

HAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]WHO THE F cares!! You're the only one that cares about that stupid stat. You found a stat that you think holds relevance to why the C's are successful and you act like you found the cure for cancer. Big deal, what are you going to say when RA goes into his seasonal slump and can't throw it in the ocean?? Oh I know you'll run and hide or change it to "when Luke sits next to Erden we're 10-0" You're so lame!!

At least I found something. How about you, did you find Carlos Delfino's birth certificate in Europe?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

heard an interesting discussion on eei about kg versus duncan. would they have 4 rings had kg been there? i have to agree with holley in that they would not. kg only plays one position. overall, i think duncan has been the better player due to his versatility. he can dominate u at both center and pf. can drive, shoot jumper and obviously postup while playing solid defense. kg only offer pf minutes and is basically just a shooter. plus his personality would have alienated a few of the spurs esp the euros as noah famously noted (kg tends to hate or distrust them). spurs are pretty much a eurocentric team or international at its broadest. duncan's personality seems more inclusive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Remember Tony Parker isnt your typical "Euro."  The Spurs do find that internationally flavor that works for their system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Has anybody noticed the record of celtics opponents for games before and after they play the c's?  For years it seems like the opponents have been dumping the game before they play boston.  Do you think this is true?  If so, is it because the c's are a potential high profile win?  Or is it because so many of the c's games are televised and no team wants to be blown out so visibly?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Baby has a tough time against tall players that can shoot jumpers at a distance like Duncan. I expect that that other bigs will handle him.

I think the fact that it a back to back on the road for the Spurs offers some advantage for the Celtics.

It is too bad the KG will not be available, but I am sure that the Celts will be motivated.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Slow the running Spurs down. Put pressure on all outlet passes. Celtics need to keep ball and not turn over...make Spurs play half-court game...

Spurs can be beat on defense and Celtics need to push ball on their own end...

This will be Spurs high-octane O against league leading Celtics tenacious D...

However, without KG, I think Celtics will have their hands full...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

take away the 3 from san antonio and defend. keys to winning.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]San Antonio is on the second game of a back to back after getting their a kicked by the Knicks. They could be tired or they could be fired up after losing.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

True. Spurs responded well after the last three loses...

Its going to be a battle...

Get the ball to Shaq and get Duncan in Foul trouble early and often...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]heard an interesting discussion on eei about kg versus duncan. would they have 4 rings had kg been there? i have to agree with holley in that they would not. kg only plays one position. overall, i think duncan has been the better player due to his versatility. he can dominate u at both center and pf. can drive, shoot jumper and obviously postup while playing solid defense. kg only offer pf minutes and is basically just a shooter. plus his personality would have alienated a few of the spurs esp the euros as noah famously noted (kg tends to hate or distrust them). spurs are pretty much a eurocentric team or international at its broadest. duncan's personality seems more inclusive.
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Have to disagree with you.
    Besides being "basically just a shooter", KG is a defensive anchor, one of the best in the NBA.
    As for KG's distrust of "euros" - how Noah knows that if he's never been on the same team with KG. OTOH, KG does trust and support Erden.

AK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It could be interesting to see how the Spurs handle Shaq on offense. Fouls by Spurs Bigs could be a good strategy. The problem will be on the other end with the pick and role.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Shaq needs to score when he gets the ball low on Blair, plain and simple. I'm not feeling the continuity with Shaq and BBD together. I know we have no choice right now. Neither are very good interior passers. This is an aspect that people forget about KG...he's a great passer. Their really isn't much of a two-man game between Shaq and BBD and they don't share the paint well. You would think they should be able too. KG and Perk play a nice two-man game (when Perk catches the ball)

I suspect that BBD will try to pull Duncan away from the basket and if so Shaq needs to put it on Blair with a MASSIVE size advantage. Missing point blank layups with no foul can't happen. If they decide to put Duncan on Shaq then we definately go to Shaq all day.

Bottom line get the ball inside either by driving or dump-ins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I alwasy thought shaq was a decent passer for a big guy.  At least he was back when he used to get double teamed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Kool Aide

"heard an interesting discussion on eei about KG versus Duncan. would they have 4 rings had kg been there? i have to agree with holley in that they would not. kg only plays one position. overall, i think duncan has been the better player due to his versatility. he can dominate u at both center and pf. can drive, shoot jumper and obviously postup while playing solid defense. kg only offer pf minutes and is basically just a shooter. plus his personality would have alienated a few of the spurs esp the euros as noah famously noted (kg tends to hate or distrust them). spurs are pretty much a eurocentric team or international at its broadest. duncan's personality seems more inclusive."
    --------------------------
    Interesting?

Versatility? KG only plays one position?

Were you aware that KG has played positions one through five effectively and guarded positions one through five effectively during his career? Who else in NBA history has done that? The proof is in post #1 of the thread about KG and Duncan trading teams. KG has been able to guard Centers, two guards and point guards.

KG was not always just a jump shooter. Were you aware that their career field goal percentages are almost identical, and that while KG has been with the Celtics, his field goal percentage is consistently higher than Duncan's. The proof is also in the same thread and a post comparing field goal percentage.

Euros and personality?  Noah's favorite player of all time was KG, until he had to compete against him. KG was his idol, the man he tried to emulate.

KG does a great job as a team leader as he did coming here in 2007. His teammates love him and his opponents don't. He puts winning and the team first.

Holly? What planet is he from?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BIASLEWIS, WHAT DID THE INDICATOR SHOW TONIGHT?

hahaha!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It showed Rondo's triple double was the only indicator that mattered.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]It showed Rondo's triple double was the only indicator that mattered.

Are you saying that Ray Allen's 31 points is irrelevant?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Without RA we lose the game. Ok P34!!

13-16 FGs made...he was on fire.

How did you get your heart out your throat when he missed the two FTs. Your indicator stat almost went out the window.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Without RA we lose the game. Ok P34!! 13-16 FGs made...he was on fire. How did you get your heart out your throat when he missed the two FTs. Your indicator stat almost went out the window.

Thank you!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

man i was having a flash back of last year at home when ginobli got that steal and did it in for us.