Spurs getting ready to stumble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Spurs getting ready to stumble?

No Parker for the next few weeks due to strained calf muscle.  Pretty much the first injury to a starter San Antonio has suffered this year.  Over the next 11 games (3 weeks) the Spurs play Miami twice, Lakers and Dallas once, and one game in Denver, as well as other games against second rate teams.

If the Celtics get hot during this stretch, they could  make up ground for the best NBA record.  Maybe pick up 2-3 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Spurs getting ready to stumble?

Parker is SO unappreciated.  All the talk of CP3, D Williams, Westbrook, Gordon, etc.......and Parker was driving a team to the best record in the league.  Watch how they struggle without one of only two guys on that team who can get his own shot and break down the d.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

At guard, they have George Hill, Chris Quinn, and Gary Neal.  George Hill is good but he's more of a combo guard and doesn't break down defenses like Parker.  Gary Neal is really a 2 guard.  Chris Quinn is a pure point guard but not very quick and can't get his own shot.   Parker is unique and with a team of jump shooters and slow guys, they only have 2 guys who can create shots for others (Parker and Ginobli).   Missing one of the two, they will struggle.  

However, if there's a coach in the league who can figure out adjustments, its Pop.  I think Pop is coach of the year this year.  Pop, Jackson, and Doc are the 3 best coaches in the league in my opinion.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs getting ready to stumble?:
    [QUOTE]Good points. Who's their backup?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    Probably George Hill, talented kid !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

What tends to happen with the spurs is that when parker or ginobli go down, the other tries to pick up the slack and ends up wearing themselves down if not getting injured too.  Look for ginobli to pick up some nagging injuries and go out right as parker gets set to return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

The Spurs and Celts have deep teams and don't play their starters too long.  George Hill is a combo guard but he is better than a lot of starting PG in this league.  For example, he is better than Miami's PGs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Nice call, Breaktime.  Spurs lost to Memphis last night.  Might be the first of a number of March losses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I personally don't think George Hill is better than Chalmers.  Just my opinion.  Maybe cause I'm from Kansas.  He certainly plays in a better system with better guys, and I think that's a factor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The C's ae 4 games behind the Spurs. The C's have a chance to catch them. We still have 1 game against the Spurs in S.A. It's in about a month. It could prove to be a big game in the standings.
       I'm mostly concerned with getting the best record in the East, but if the best record in the NBA is reachable, why not go for it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Parker's back but the Spurs lost to the Lakers today.  If the Celtic's beat the Bucks tonite, we'll be 3 behind for best record.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The only thing is not to underestimate the coaching of Pop. He will have the guys playing. For some reason I always underestimate him and that team. I've made that mistake a couple of times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

[QUOTE]Parker's back but the Spurs lost to the Lakers today.  If the Celtic's beat the Bucks tonite, we'll be 3 behind for best record.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your thoughts echo most Celtic fans in that they have to secure home court or championship aspirations slide away into the night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs getting ready to stumble? : I'm sure your thoughts echo most Celtic fans in that they have to secure home court or championship aspirations slide away into the night.
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]
    That 2-3-2 Finals format is a tough hill to climb