Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will...

In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will...:
    [QUOTE]I know its traditional with Boston fans to call the Lakers "fakers," but there is nothing fake about the success L.A. has achieved this decade. The other denigrating term is to refer to Kobe as "The Rapist." That bothers me for a number of reasons but the one that stands out is the Colorado law itself that could result in some innocent men being locked away based on the accusation of an unethical/unstable woman. Rapists need to be put away. I want to make that clear. Criminals who are guilty must be punished for the crime they committed. I believe in justice and proportionality (the punishment must fit the crime). But the Colorado law as written is dangerous for simply relying on the accusation of a woman with no witnesses. I'll give a quick example: Potential FBI agents are tested to see if they can select the right person in a line-up after an exercise where a man runs up to a lady to simulate stealing her purse. The majority fail the test in spite of the fact that they witnessed the incident from about 10 feet away. As for Joakim Noah, I like the guy's intensity, but I would never call someone ugly. I also like Derrick Rose. Did you know that Kyle Korver is paid $2 million (Korver makes about $5 million per year) more than Noah? Boozer makes $14 million, Luol Deng makes $11 million, & Rose makes $4.5 million. Life isn't fair. I no longer watch Laker games as they occur. I record them and watch them after the fact. If L.A. loses, I don't bother. I'll just read the details from sports analysts/reporters. Like I said, I'm not going to invest any emotional stress on the NBA. With other teams (Bulls/Celtics yesterday), I'll watch and evaluate why one team won compared to the other. Outside of being a Laker fan, and NBA fan, I focus on my work. Like I said, I've learned not to allow a sporting event affect my emotional state. That can be unhealthy. MsLithium and the rest of you posters. If any of you are getting emotionally sick for even a day or more after your team loses, try and focus on something else, hit the gym, go for a run or a long walk. Stress shortens a person's life. Good luck to all of you.  :)  
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

So, you don't want us to obsess about a loss......but you obsess about this CO thing....this must be your 5th post on it.......let it go, man, he was "acquitted".  He is not guilty - just like Bonds, Clemens and OJ!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Don't worry about me.  I am watching the Real Celtics beating a mediocre team by what has often ballooned into an appropriate score.  They may not do that ever again this year - and it may be years before the next time - for all I know, but I am enjoying it for the moment.  I may come across as a stress case because I talk about my frustrations so much, but that is part of how I deal with it.  I don't hold it in.  That's what really shortens a person's life.  I also work out 1-3 times a day and have a loving cat at home who puts everything into perspective.  I will be fine, we Celtics fans will be fine, and eventually our team will be fine.  Whatever happens.  Because some day we will find a way to win it all again, and because of our passion for the team we will cherish it whether it's this year or 2030.  We've been through enough the past 25 years to deeply appreciate every one of them as they come. 

As for the Kobe case, I'm not debating this with you - or anyone else here - any further.  No one on this board's changing anyone's mind on that one.  You have the right to your opinion on that one and so do we because, you know what, none of us was there and no one can say for sure what really happened.  It's all speculation. 

And don't take the "Fakers" label too seriously.  I don't use it myself, but I'm just saying...  People say those things about opposing teams.  Have you heard what some trolls for your team call US?

Peace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : So, you don't want us to obsess about a loss......but you obsess about this CO thing....this must be your 5th post on it.......let it go, man, he was "acquitted".  He is not guilty - just like Bonds, Clemens and OJ!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Thank you Hedley, so very well said!  Smile

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Before last night, I would have said that the 2011 NBA champs would either be the Celtics, or the Lakers. Now I believe that it is a three team race. The Celtics, Lakers, or the Bulls. Thibs has the Bulls playing at a high level.

Last night was a bad day for the Cs, but I still do not think that the Bulls match up well against the Celtics in a seven game series. Adjustments, focus, and Shaq will make the difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well said, Minnesota.  Someone else said a similar thing last night... As of last night, we have to worry about one more team before we even GET to LA.  It hurts but if we can conquer those hurdles and win it all, it will feel really, REALLY good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ms L,

You are almost too nice to be a blogger. Most have egos as big as all out doors.
    However, you understand how to be the most effective.

Do you have sales training, or do you come by it naturally?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Before last night, I would have said that the 2011 NBA champs would either be the Celtics, or the Lakers. Now I believe that it is a three team race. The Celtics, Lakers, or the Bulls. Thibs has the Bulls playing at a high level. Last night was a bad day for the Cs, but I still do not think that the Bulls match up well against the Celtics in a seven game series. Adjustments, focus, and Shaq will make the difference.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

Don't put a line through The Spurs. I still believe they're a genuine chance of winning. OKC still could still be a chance to do very well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Minnesota, thank you for the exceedingly kind words!  I actually don't have any sales training.  It's just me being myself and speaking my truth.  I think empathy helps too.  I really try to connect with people and understand where they're coming from.  Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : Don't put a line through The Spurs. I still believe they're a genuine chance of winning. OKC still could still be a chance to do very well.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

You are the true definition of a good fan and a good person.  Glad to have you here.  The playoffs will be an adventure for sure!  We shall see...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Ms.L,

I tip my hat.

Worthy,

After the Lakers distroyed the Spurs in San Antonio,  I am not sure that the Spurs have the front court to challenge the Lakers in the West. The Lakers appeared to be bored with competion in the West. I am convinced that we will only know this year's Celtics and Lakers in the finals. May the best team win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Is it that much to ask an 'all defensive 1st team" PG to hold Rose to 5-10% below his regular season averages in the playoffs??  He went for 25 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists on 44% FG and 33% 3FG this season playing himself big mins and going all out for a 1 seed and MVP.

I'd say that if he averaged 22 points, 3.5 rebounds, 7 assists, and shot 42/31% in a playoff series Rondo would be doing the job EXPECTED of him. Last night the kid went for 30-8-5 on 56/40.

WE WILL NOT WIN IF ROSE DOES THAT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo this season was a was a guy dealing w/ some injuries, an aging team pacing itself notorious for turning it on in the playoffs and major player tunrover/injured reserve issues.

Rondo went for 10.5p 11.2a 4.4r and shot 47% Fg and 25% 3FG

Up those stats 15-20% on the big stage Rondo. Avg. 12 points, 13 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and shoot 50+% from the field and 70+% at the line.

Do THAT while holding Rose to less than his reg season #'s. AND WE WIN THE SERIES.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]I know its traditional with Boston fans to call the Lakers "fakers," but there is nothing fake about the success L.A. has achieved this decade. The other denigrating term is to refer to Kobe as "The Rapist." That bothers me for a number of reasons but the one that stands out is the Colorado law itself that could result in some innocent men being locked away based on the accusation of an unethical/unstable woman. Rapists need to be put away. I want to make that clear. Criminals who are guilty must be punished for the crime they committed. I believe in justice and proportionality (the punishment must fit the crime). But the Colorado law as written is dangerous for simply relying on the accusation of a woman with no witnesses. I'll give a quick example: Potential FBI agents are tested to see if they can select the right person in a line-up after an exercise where a man runs up to a lady to simulate stealing her purse. The majority fail the test in spite of the fact that they witnessed the incident from about 10 feet away. As for Joakim Noah, I like the guy's intensity, but I would never call someone ugly. I also like Derrick Rose. Did you know that Kyle Korver is paid $2 million (Korver makes about $5 million per year) more than Noah? Boozer makes $14 million, Luol Deng makes $11 million, & Rose makes $4.5 million. Life isn't fair. I no longer watch Laker games as they occur. I record them and watch them after the fact. If L.A. loses, I don't bother. I'll just read the details from sports analysts/reporters. Like I said, I'm not going to invest any emotional stress on the NBA. With other teams (Bulls/Celtics yesterday), I'll watch and evaluate why one team won compared to the other. Outside of being a Laker fan, and NBA fan, I focus on my work. Like I said, I've learned not to allow a sporting event affect my emotional state. That can be unhealthy. MsLithium and the rest of you posters. If any of you are getting emotionally sick for even a day or more after your team loses, try and focus on something else, hit the gym, go for a run or a long walk. Stress shortens a person's life. Good luck to all of you.  :)  
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]
    You've got to admit, Noah is the ugliest looking woman that you've ever seen..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : You've got to admit, Noah is the ugliest looking woman that you've ever seen..
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Now that's comic relief!  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Ms.L, I tip my hat. Worthy, After the Lakers distroyed the Spurs in San Antonio,  I am not sure that the Spurs have the front court to challenge the Lakers in the West. The Lakers appeared to be bored with competion in the West. I am convinced that we will only know this year's Celtics and Lakers in the finals. May the best team win!
    I don't think that Spurs can them. Their front court is too weak. Oklahoma City, on the other hand...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : Now that's comic relief! 
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Dang, you are fast!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : Dang, you are fast!

Just good timing!  Smile

Hey, check this one out - scroll all the way to the bottom for the best part!

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/11/11/1807894/joakim-noah-kevin-garnett-ugly-pot-meet-kettle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Rameakp.

The key word is imaturity.

Rondo is a very young guy. That is not an excuse but an expanation.

Depend on KG, Pierce, Allen, Shaq and West. Rondo requires a learning experience.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : Just good timing!  Hey, check this one out - scroll all the way to the bottom for the best part! http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/11/11/1807894/joakim-noah-kevin-garnett-ugly-pot-meet-kettle
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
    He looks like he is going to chase Arnold Schwarzenegger around some Central American jungle just for sport!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

HA!  Soooo true...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

look out Chris Hanson, this is one ugly predator

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : You've got to admit, Noah is the ugliest looking woman that you've ever seen..

....... I think he's hot. Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : ....... I think he's hot.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Is it ok If I pass on this topic lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Ms.L, I tip my hat. Worthy, After the Lakers distroyed the Spurs in San Antonio,  I am not sure that the Spurs have the front court to challenge the Lakers in the West. The Lakers appeared to be bored with competion in the West. I am convinced that we will only know this year's Celtics and Lakers in the finals. May the best team win!

We may be bored at this stage of the season. But it's no excuse for losing four in a row. It's depressing and confounding. I can't write off Duncan when it comes to playing The Spurs. He's such a great player and my gut's telling me they may win the title. I hope not though.

Lakers Cetlics final would rock. 7 game series would be good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs, if we don't make it I hope YOU will... : Is it ok If I pass on this topic lol
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

teehee