Spurs streak stopped!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Spurs streak stopped!

Dallas went down to SA and knocked them off today. 
    Let me tell you unless there are injuries the Spurs a a team that could win it all. They are built a lot like the C's minus Shaq which I think would give us the edge during seven games.

Watching some of the Fakers  and Utah  and the fans were booing the refs when they left for halftime.  I wonder if they think they were getting ripped by the refs.  (I know, nobody ever thinks the Lakers get by with anything)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Spurs streak stopped!

There's a good chance that the Spurs will be back in the Finals if they have home court advantage against the Lakers in the playoffs.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

I agree, Spurs looks real good, although its still early, but they are playing at a very high level.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Tiago Splitter is the key. Once he gets comfortable with their system, the Spurs will have another set of "twin towers".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Spurs streak stopped!:
    [QUOTE]There's a good chance that the Spurs will be back in the Finals if they have home court advantage against the Lakers in the playoffs.   
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I've got to assume that you WANT that to happen in order for the C's to have a CHANCE at winning another title....cause if they meet the Lakers again, your chances go down considerably.

The Lakers are the most talented and deepest team in the league right now (despite what the idiots in South Beach think).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, Spurs looks real good, although its still early, but they are playing at a very high level.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The Spurs and Utah, if they continue to play the way they are currently, may make it to the NBA finals.  It is much too early to predict how the season will end for any team, considering the possibility of injury or a losing streak, etc.  It is a long season and many factors can contribute to a team's success. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs streak stopped! : I've got to assume that you WANT that to happen in order for the C's to have a CHANCE at winning another title....cause if they meet the Lakers again, your chances go down considerably. The Lakers are the most talented and deepest team in the league right now (despite what the idiots in South Beach think).
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Seriously, no one in South Beach thinks that anymore.  Any time a team needs to trade this early in the season, they're not yet build to last.  And Miami has been talking about their real need for a bonafide big man.

And as for "....your chances go down considerably"  this makes no sense.  San Antonio is playing the best ball in the NBA right now, even with their loss last night.  San Antonio is the deeper team, and one that isn't predicated on selfish play, like LA.  The Spurs move the ball more, rebound better and find the open man.  LA gives the ball to Kobe, which will work until they play a team with some actual defense.  Like last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

No doubt that the Spurs are playing well. Dallas is "no slouch either." Once Utah gets Okur back they will be even better. The Lakers are going to be challenged a lot this season. Let's not forget about N.O either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

is it me or is dallas a team giving it to a couple of the winning teams. spurs, new orleans, celtics.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And that comment about the Lakers being the most talented and the deepest team in the NBA (Qdaddy).....is debatable.  That's one opinion (and I can see why you have that opinion).  I happen to think the Celts are the deepest (and if you're honest, you can see why I have that opinion). 

Go down the roster and you'll see that the strength of the lineup depth charts is a matter of personal opinion.   When West, O'Neal, and Perk are added to our lineup and Bynum is added to yours - BOTH teams are deep (but I like the Celts better).

Spurs will challenge because their big 4 (and their top bench player - George Hill) are as good as anybody!   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs streak stopped! : If the Spurs beat the Lakers it's because they were the better team. I don't care who it is I think the C's have the edge in 7 games whether it's LA, SA or Utah.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]

But then again, you C's fans ALWAYS think that. The Lakers improved their team considerably with the guys they brought in and have been key to several wins...and they're younger (except Ratliff).

Some of the guys you brought in started the season with injuries or shortly thereafter. I don't think JON has been much help to your team. Shaq has been fairly good, but it's just a matter of time before he starts sitting out a lot of games.

Personally, I and many other Laker fans, believe the current Laker team may be the best that Phil has coached in LA. Yeah, that includes the Shaq-Kobe version. Pau Gasol may not be as dominating as Shaq was, but he's playing at a high level and the supporting cast is better from top to bottom. I know Celtics fans don't believe it, but watch it play out this year. You'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs streak stopped! : But then again, you C's fans ALWAYS think that. The Lakers improved their team considerably with the guys they brought in and have been key to several wins...and they're younger (except Ratliff). Some of the guys you brought in started the season with injuries or shortly thereafter. I don't think JON has been much help to your team. Shaq has been fairly good, but it's just a matter of time before he starts sitting out a lot of games. Personally, I and many other Laker fans, believe the current Laker team may be the best that Phil has coached in LA. Yeah, that includes the Shaq-Kobe version. Pau Gasol may not be as dominating as Shaq was, but he's playing at a high level and the supporting cast is better from top to bottom. I know Celtics fans don't believe it, but watch it play out this year. You'll see.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

lakers are older than the Celtics.  I did a whole thread on it.  PLEASE don't make me pull it out again.  It's not by much, but even with Shaq, the lakers are the older team.

Nice try!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spurs streak stopped! : I've got to assume that you WANT that to happen in order for the C's to have a CHANCE at winning another title....cause if they meet the Lakers again, your chances go down considerably. The Lakers are the most talented and deepest team in the league right now (despite what the idiots in South Beach think).
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, the Celtics need to face the Lakers again in the Finals. The Celtics need to avenge that Game 7 loss last season and Shaq needs his 5th ring to be against Kobe. Once the Celtics and Shaq beat the Lakers again in the Finals it would mean that the Celtics have a 2-1 advantage against Kobe and Phil. And Shaq's 5 rings will be greater than Kobe's 5 rings because Shaq will be 1-0 against Kobe in the Finals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

All TRUE Celtics fans want to see the Lakers in the finals.....great series last year that came down to a few minutes at the end.   We want the rematch.  We just gotta get to the Finals ourselves but if we do.....we want the Lake show.