Standing prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Standing prediction

In Response to Re: Standing prediction:
    [QUOTE]Yes, OneonOne, I do. They are losing free agents right and left. Chandler, Butler, and JJ are not going to be ther so until I see the full list of replacements, I don't rank them above some others.......and like us, they are getting older. Chandler was huge for their D and rebounding. Odom will not bring that to Dallas.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You do know Butler didn't play much after Christmas last year though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to Re: Standing prediction:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : The Celts are a top defensive team that can't rebound. How many times did we see it last season, opponents missing shots when the shot-clock was expiring but the Celts can't grab the defensive board. As long as KG is our best big man scorer and Rondo the starting PG, we have very little offense. KG can't even average 4 free-throw attempts per game. And Rondo's shooting, FT or not, is not really what we consider as offense.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    rebounding is not a skill it's a matter of effort. It's about positiong, fighting for it and intelligence. We were a good rebounding team to start out the year, we just regress it's more on us than what the other team is doing. KG can't average 4 free throwns but he still scores 15 points a game and he shoots at a high percentage. Rondo still give you around 10 points a game, he shoots 50 percent from the floor, his shot attemps just declined from 2 years ago to last year. Rondo can't score but as long as he keeps giving our best scorers open looks they way he has then we'll be good. we don't need big numbers from one or two people because we play a balanced offense.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Standing prediction": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Standing prediction : You do know Butler didn't play much after Christmas last year though. Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE] Yes, and that's the only reason they didn't have the best record in the NBA. They were like 1 or 2 games behind San Antonio until Butler got hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If someone doesn't think that Knicks front court isn't the best in the East, thy're in denial! The Knicks will definitely challenge the C's due to youth and energy and offensive ability. We will still be better defensively but the gap is closing with Chandler there and with us having all new PF's to back up KG who will have to rest a lot. Add to that we essentially have no center and we will be lucky to finish over the Knicks. I do like us better in a playoff series where there are no back to backs and it's our coaching against theirs! But regular season records - they will be tough for us to beat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I think Chandler and NYK will surprise some of you guys

The Knicks over Boston and Chandler will be an All Star.  He actually reminds me of what Pervis Ellison SHOULD have been.  He moves like a cat on defense.  The Knicks are scary.  If they get a serviceable point guard then Katie bar the door.  We should go after Chauncey as Rondo's backup.