Stay the course

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Stay the course

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I made it easy for you with a crayon ... Green for those players included and red for those renounced ... Other Cap Holds ($48,407,333) includes the MLE & BAE as well as ex-players still on the cap hold that would be renounced along with KG & Ray. This Other Cap Hold and the Guaranteed Salaries ($70,276,020) account for the total cap hold you site over and over again which is meaningless once renounced. $70,276,020 + $48,407,333 = $118,683,353 or the 119MM you quoted or stole from your source as ironclad proof. LOL!!!

Original Guaranteed Salaries $70,276,020

LessRenounced:

KG                                              $21,247,044

Ray                                            $10,000,000

Pick #23                                    $1,035,200

Pick #53                                       $490,180

MLE                                            $5,765,000                    

BAE                                            $2,180,000

Total Salaries for

12 Players & 2                         $48,499,356 

Note: A team must have some combination of 12 players and cap holds at all times in offseason. When a player is signed, it removes one of these cap holds and replaces it with the value of the new contract. (Editorial note: When a player is signed, not after all players are signed ... the cap is refigured after each contract is signed)

119m - 48.5m = 70.5m

You removed 48.5m from 119m, right?

That means the Celts salary cap status is still at 70.5m, right?

The salary cap last season was 58m, right?

So since the Celts are above 58m, they're not under the cap.

Why are you so dumb? It's right there in front of you and you are still blind!

From the $70.5MM in guaranteed salaries you deduct Ray ($10MM) and KG ($21MM) once renounced with those other has-beens and you are down to $39MM. Add in the two draftees ($1.5MM) and the two exceptions ($7.9MM) and your total salaries/cap that year would have been $48.5MM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then they sign KG (No Bird Rts) first for what should have been $7.5MM bringing the cap to $56MM with room for a S&T or a FA to the limit before resigning Bass, Green etal with Bird Rts taking them over the cap. GET IT?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Mployee

Read the rule again below.

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2012/06/11/celtics-salary-cap-and-free-agency-faq/

OK, so that’s about $20 million in cap space, let’s go shopping, right?

Not so fast. We haven’t accounted for cap holds.

Prospective free agents are still bound to their former team’s cap by their Bird rights. The rule is designed to allow teams to go over the cap to retain their own free agents, but it’s also in place to prevent teams from loading up on free agents and then re-signing their own players.

In other words, you can’t have both.

I accounted for the cap hold right in front of your nose ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

And, Mployee, you can't renounce the MLE and BAE.

When the Celtics fall under 58m or below 58m, the MLE automatically disappears.

There's no such thing as renouncing the MLE or the BAE.

I didn't ... Do you ever read anyone's post before dismissing it? I added in the two draftees and the MLE/BA exceptions ... Didn't you pay attention?????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Renouncing the MLE and the BAE has to be the dumbest thing you have ever said, Mployee.

The MLE and the BAE are exceptions. They're not part of the cap hold. Only players have cap holds!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

WRONG!!!

All players, draftees and exceptions have cap holds as well as the minimum for 12 roster spots in the event a team has less than 12 players on the roster when the cap hold is figured.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Renouncing the MLE and the BAE has to be the dumbest thing you have ever said, Mployee.

The MLE and the BAE are exceptions. They're not part of the cap hold. Only players have cap holds!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

WRONG!!!

All players, draftees and exceptions have cap holds as well as the minimum for 12 roster spots in the event a team has less than 12 players on the roster when the cap hold is figured.

The MLE and the BAE are exceptions. How can you renounce an exception?

If you're over the then you have the MLE. But if you're not over the cap then you have no MLE.

The determination of the MLE comes after, not before you sign players.

Fungus, stop acting so dumb ... You know damn well that there's another $48MM in other cap holds that would have been renounced for the has-beens. And nobody said renounce the exceptions ... where did I write that? In fact I have included both the MLE & BAE cause you have to account for them in the cap hold since you may use both if you go over the cap.

Learn to use your brain and a calculator instead of relying on articles for proof ... it shows how weak and dumb you really are when you are unable to even decipher numbers right in front of you ... get an abacus you imbecile ....

Now I really am done cause as usual you're just stringing things along cause you don't have the cajones to admit you are wrong or you're just short bus material.

I may put you back on "IGNORE" after this .....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Here's the thing, Mployee, none of what you just said panned out. 

Why?

You were trying to circumvent the cap by using that Bobby Simmons loophole. That loophole was never exploited again after 2005.

It's ridiculous saying the Celts could've been under the cap because the Celts never renounced anybody last summer.

I said they could have and you said the couldn't cause you don't know crapola but you read it somewhere ... so that's all the proof you need. That's the problem with you Fungus... you are too dumb to think for youself and try to depend on other people's written word but you don't even know how to intepret what you read and generally mis-intepret it so that makes you a LOSER and you've done an excellent job tonight proving my point.

Later or maybe never again ....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

One more example.

The cap holds of KG and Ray total 31m. Since Ray left to sign with Miami, the 10m cap hold disappeared. And since KG only signed for 11.57m in the first year of his contract, that means the Celts could've signed Terry or any other player for 10m because KG's cap hold was 21m.

No matter how desperately you try to manipulate the data or spin the argument, the Celts were never below the cap last summer.

www.greenstreet.weei.com's article clearly showed why the Celts couldn't sign an unrestricted  free-agent.

No sheet! Cause they should have renounced him ... that's the whole point of the argument, remember???

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

No sheet! Cause they should have renounced him ... that's the whole point of the argument, remember???

Total salaries, including cap holds, is 95m according to greenstreet. You renounce KG's 21m that's 74m. You also renounce Ray, that makes it 64m. The salary cap was at 58m last season. Obviously the Celts are still way over the cap.

But feel free to show an article or a link saying the Celts could do what you are saying.

At the start of last summer's free-agency we debated this for a long time. In the end what you said never came true. 

You site Greenstreet and I site  Hoopdata (http://www.hoopdata.com/salaries/BOS.aspx) ... they have the raw numbers are you are relying on someone with no credentials writing a summary of the C's cap situation for a blog .... C'Mon, are you serious?!?!?!

How dumb are you?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You said they could have. But the new salary cap rules already closed that loophole for good.

Prove it ... provide a link to the NBA CBA that proves that ... you can't and all the stuff that you have posted from the CBA does nothing to prove you are right.

My interpretation of the data is based on the salary cap rules and the article from greenstreet.

Why would anyone trust in your interpretation ... you have proven more than anyone your inability to interpret anything written my another person. And you really want to use a BLOG (Greenstreet) as a source and hang your hat on some casual writer there?   Hahaha .... So Stupid!

What you're saying would've been ideal because it would have allowed the Celtics to sign an unrestricted free-agent. So why didn't Ainge do what you didn when it could have greatly benefitted the Celtics?

A lot of people think Danny realized the opportunity he had and that's the reason he held up all the player contracts to try and work a S&T for Terry. Had he renounce KG and the others mentioned then resigned KG for $7-8MM he may have been able to fit Terry or Lee under the cap and save the MLE. He was slow to try the S&T for Terry and couldn't get a deal done fast enough and had to resort to his original plan.

Like I said, you can't load up on free-agents then sign your own free-agents using Bird rights. You can't have both, just like the article said.

You can if you have cap room up to the max salary limit if you are able to reduce your cap hold along with your salary. You may not be able to "load up" but under the rigt circumstances it can be done but Renouncing has to be used in conjunction to get there. You shouldn't use greenstreet has your Bible when talking NBA Salary Cap ... That's just CRAZY!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

You site Greenstreet and I site  Hoopdata (http://www.hoopdata.com/salaries/BOS.aspx) ... they have the raw numbers are you are relying on someone with no credentials writing a summary of the C's cap situation for a blog .... C'Mon, are you serious?!?!?!

How dumb are you?

Here's another one:

3.  How much cap room do we have next year?  With a $61 million cap and only $30 million committed, does that mean we can spend $31 million?

Like with everything else related to the CBA, the answer is somewhat complicated.

First, to get cap room in the first place, we have to "renounce" each of our free agents.  Essentially, until we do so, a "cap hold" is placed on our salary cap, representing somewhere between 105% and 250% of the player's previous salary.  Jeff Green's cap hold, for instance, is $11,139,970, representing 250% of his last year's salary.  Cap holds eat into available salary cap space until such time as a free agent is renounced.

Here we go ... Change the discussion now ... I'm not talking about next year! I'm making a point (that you are wrong as usual) about a prior year that you made such a big deal out of and were wrong the entire time and still are .... Jeesh!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.