Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism

I know it's the guy's job - but this is OVER THE TOP.

Last night on my ride home - Stephen A Smith said on 710 ESPN radio in LA that the lakers should do nothing this year - bite the bullet.  Over the summer, they should.........take a deep breath here.......sign KEVIN GARNETT to a contract!!  Smith says he is a "good friend" of koME's, he lives in LA, and a Garnett, Gasol, Bynunm frontcourt is an impossible zone defense to crack.
    "He would play for the vet min", Smith further assured lakers fans listening.

Well, if he'd play for the vet min, why would he leave.
    "The Celtics WILL trade Paul Pierce and Ray Allen before the deadline"  Screamin' A Smith exclaimed confidently.  "And Garnett won't want to rebuild."

What a crock!  Where does he get this stuff??  Why wouldn't KG, then, play in DAL for the mini-MLE?  Or the Clips?
    I see no way that this happens.  The Celtics have a better chance of landing DH than KG going to the lakers!!

Thoughts?  Don't ask me, cuz I'm PO'd!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

Re: Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism

I STOPPED LISTENING TO THAT DUDE HERE IN L. A. BECAUSE

HE HAS HIS....NU-YALK NOSE UP..... KIM KARDASHIAN'S.....

LARD AAAZZZZ........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I don't see why the Lakers would even want KG. They're old enough.

Stephen A. Smith is a blowhard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism:
    [QUOTE]I know it's the guy's job - but this is OVER THE TOP. Last night on my ride home - Stephen A Smith said on 710 ESPN radio in LA that the lakers should do nothing this year - bite the bullet.  Over the summer, they should.........take a deep breath here.......sign KEVIN GARNETT to a contract!!  Smith says he is a "good friend" of koME's, he lives in LA, and a Garnett, Gasol, Bynunm frontcourt is an impossible zone defense to crack. "He would play for the vet min", Smith further assured lakers fans listening. Well, if he'd play for the vet min, why would he leave. "The Celtics WILL trade Paul Pierce and Ray Allen before the deadline"  Screamin' A Smith exclaimed confidently.  "And Garnett won't want to rebuild." What a crock!  Where does he get this stuff??  Why wouldn't KG, then, play in DAL for the mini-MLE?  Or the Clips? I see no way that this happens.  The Celtics have a better chance of landing DH than KG going to the lakers!! Thoughts?  Don't ask me, cuz I'm PO'd!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

If LA could get Garnett at the Vet Min next year to replace Murphy, then they should do it.

I do not like Stephen A. Smith but I see his point about doing nothing this year, if that means don't do something dumb just to win this season.

If Boston keeps winning, how do they trade Ray and Pierce? Winning makes Ainge's decision much harder.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hey GinaM1977, what's going on?  Missed you after last night's game, ey.

Since LA nor anyone else will be able to get KG at the veteran's minimum next season, you can cancel that idea.  I don't believe even WE can sign him for that.

I think Stephen A's point about "doing nothing if it means not doing something dumb" that would put the team two steps back just to win this season is a point that can be used for every team in the NBA.  Honestly, that point is more valid to the Celtics position than to the Lakers.  The Lakers, if they want to win this year, have to make a move because next year they have a cap number already at $67M and only 8 players under contract.  And they defnitely aren't winning anything this year with the roster they have now.

What does your last paragraph mean?  Boston has not been winning so what exactly is your point when you say "If Boston keeps winning"?  The rumors about trading players is precipitated by Boston losing, not winning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]I know it's the guy's job - but this is OVER THE TOP. Last night on my ride home - Stephen A Smith said on 710 ESPN radio in LA that the lakers should do nothing this year - bite the bullet.  Over the summer, they should.........take a deep breath here.......sign KEVIN GARNETT to a contract!!  Smith says he is a "good friend" of koME's, he lives in LA, and a Garnett, Gasol, Bynunm frontcourt is an impossible zone defense to crack. "He would play for the vet min", Smith further assured lakers fans listening. Well, if he'd play for the vet min, why would he leave. "The Celtics WILL trade Paul Pierce and Ray Allen before the deadline"  Screamin' A Smith exclaimed confidently.  "And Garnett won't want to rebuild." What a crock!  Where does he get this stuff??  Why wouldn't KG, then, play in DAL for the mini-MLE?  Or the Clips? I see no way that this happens.  The Celtics have a better chance of landing DH than KG going to the lakers!! Thoughts?  Don't ask me, cuz I'm PO'd!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]  I think he got it from Fierce!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

In Response to Re: Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism:
    [QUOTE]Hey GinaM1977, what's going on?  Missed you after last night's game, ey. Since LA nor anyone else will be able to get KG at the veteran's minimum next season, you can cancel that idea.  I don't believe even WE can sign him for that. I think Stephen A's point about " doing nothing if it means not doing something dumb " that would put the team two steps back just to win this season is a point that can be used for every team in the NBA.  Honestly, that point is more valid to the Celtics position than to the Lakers.  The Lakers, if they want to win this year , have to make a move because next year they have a cap number already at $67M and only 8 players under contract.  And they defnitely aren't winning anything this year with the roster they have now. What does your last paragraph mean?  Boston has not been winning so what exactly is your point when you say " If Boston keeps winning "?  The rumors about trading players is precipitated by Boston losing, not winning.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

If Boston keeps winning regular season games, that doesn't mean they are a championship contending team. If they don't trade Ray or Garnett, they might win more games this year but lose out on potential draft picks or trading for younger players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gina,
    Even in your mtrax incarnation with you being more subtle but still devious and undermining to anything Celtic one has to ask and ponder how deeply sick you are to be posting here.  You truly need help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A, Smith - irresponsible journalism : If Boston keeps winning regular season games, that doesn't mean they are a championship contending team. If they don't trade Ray or Garnett, they might win more games this year but lose out on potential draft picks or trading for younger players.
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Thanks, mtrax - uninsightful and obvious as always!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Did Stephen A. Smith make Reddy mad?
    Aw......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Hey GinaM1977, what's going on?  Missed you after last night's game, ey. Since LA nor anyone else will be able to get KG at the veteran's minimum next season, you can cancel that idea.  I don't believe even WE can sign him for that. I think Stephen A's point about " doing nothing if it means not doing something dumb " that would put the team two steps back just to win this season is a point that can be used for every team in the NBA.  Honestly, that point is more valid to the Celtics position than to the Lakers.  The Lakers, if they want to win this year , have to make a move because next year they have a cap number already at $67M and only 8 players under contract.  And they defnitely aren't winning anything this year with the roster they have now. What does your last paragraph mean?  Boston has not been winning so what exactly is your point when you say " If Boston keeps winning "?  The rumors about trading players is precipitated by Boston losing, not winning.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey - don't listen to the child - he didn't say that.  Smith said - "do nothing, bite the bullet this year, y'ain't gonna win anyway."
    I heard it, not moose trax!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

People outside of Boston (or not Boston fans) understand thst KG is still a unique and fantastic talent.  He cannot be the number 1 or 2 offensive choice nor carry the team himself anymore....too old.   But, anyone outside of folks on this Board know that KG is a very valuable number 2 big man and especially a number 3 big man, even at this stage.  As some poster here said (can't remember who), KG needs the cover of a big rebounding center so he doesn't have to try to shoot over or post up big guys.  

Not surprised Steve A is spreading this idea. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

STEPHEN A. SMITH SHOULD STICK TO HIS BS PREACHING. HE NEVER WAS A VALID SPORTS WRITER OR COMMENTATOR. JUST LOUD BS AND NO MORE. HE IS A MYTH IN HIS OWN MIND.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Garnett is a shadow of his former self.  Obviously he was fabulous as a Celtic but I don't really care where he goes next year.  It's time to rebuild.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If Boston starts to consistently win games, we would probably NOT make moves.  The Celtics have the advantage of going either way.

If done smart, the Celtics can make moves for young, future players AND pick up a draft pick or two.  Since the Big 3 may not be together after this season in the capacity that they are now, the Celtics can afford to trade them if they get back decent, young players.  The Celtics will NEVER get equal value for them because they are future Hall of Famers.  It would be ridiculous to expect we'll get back 3 future HOF.  They will make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round with them and will make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round without them.

Doing nothing this season puts the Celtics in a very nice position next season with 2 first round draft picks and only $34M on the books, with enough cap space to be a major player in the free agent market.

Either way, IF DONE RIGHT, the Celtics are in a great position.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Hey Road-Rust, where is it irresponsible to say what he thinks?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hard to say.... but I dont doubt DA would pull the trigger on anybody.. Thats prob more the reason why Steven A. is saying this stuff, knowing DA has quick trigger finger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]Garnett is a shadow of his former self.  Obviously he was fabulous as a Celtic but I don't really care where he goes next year.  It's time to rebuild.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Hey snake I appreciate your opinion but Kevin still has more game then most of the 4/5's in the league. Don't underestimate the ticket he is clever in how he prepares for the end of the season! He doesn't like to play the 5 though.

Best!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Garnett is a shadow of his former self.  Obviously he was fabulous as a Celtic but I don't really care where he goes next year.  It's time to rebuild.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

But the Shadow is still better than the average player.  Just don't expect the old great Garnett and you'll then realize that the player that's out there is giving you a solid performance.  Alone, he can't deliver a championship, but with the right team, he's still a great asset.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Next time just change the station.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Next time just change the station.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

LOL and thanks!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

THE EPSN JOURNALIST , AND PUBLIC FIGURE , IN QUESTION  , UNFORTUNATELY

HAS A "NOSE JONES" FOR A CERTAIN....L. A. BASED PUBLIC FIGURE AROMA 

IMFAMOUSLY KNOWN AS  KIM'S  LARD-PORTAL....

THEREFORE, WE IN L. A. UNDERSTAND WHEN HE SPEAKS , IT MORE OFTEN

RESULTS IN BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF HER DOWN-UNDER-TOUCHE'....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]STEPHEN A. SMITH SHOULD STICK TO HIS BS PREACHING. HE NEVER WAS A VALID SPORTS WRITER OR COMMENTATOR. JUST LOUD BS AND NO MORE. HE IS A MYTH IN HIS OWN MIND.
    Posted by bobbestgolf[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Most of the time he just has a big mouth and nothing really valid to say. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Bynum, Gasol and KG on the floor at the same time?  Really?

An impossible zone to crack?  Hardly...you just have to have a 3 or 4 that can shoot and or drive to make kg/gasol come out and guard the 3 point line.  I dont' see how KG and gasol could play together unless they were in the 4/5 positions.