STILL NO MO GO FOR JO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO?

Did you guys watch KG struggle all last year coming back from a knee injury.  JO is doing the same thing this year.  He's adding value to the team right now and if he doesn't get hurt again will certainly get better going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Regarding my past posts regarding J.O. I've always stated that he's a talented player. It can't be argued that he's a 6 time allstar. My beef with J.O is he has a long history of pampering himself over minor injuries. He's had some major injuries also and I'm not referring to those.
        When he's on the court and isn't rusty from nursing his injuries, he's a good player, no question. Some players are tough and play with minor aches and pains. J.O is not in that category.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, JO went from Terrible to bad/weak to "slow but generally good play" in a period of 3 or 4 games.  If he keeps it up and improves just a little + shows consistency, he will be in the "good" category.   He's never be a star again, but he can be good for us with shooting, rebounding, and blocked shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO?:
    [QUOTE]Regarding my past posts regarding J.O. I've always stated that he's a talented player. It can't be argued that he's a 6 time allstar. My beef with J.O is he has a long history of pampering himself over minor injuries. He's had some major injuries also and I'm not referring to those.     When he's on the court and isn't rusty from nursing his injuries, he's a good player, no question. Some players are tough and play with minor aches and pains. J.O is not in that category.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    He played last year in the playoffs for Miami with basically a broken ankle.  All anyone wanted to talk about was how he stunk it up - not about his toughness for just being on the floor for his team.  I don't know much about his inury history other than that and being out with a knee problem this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Regarding my past posts regarding J.O. I've always stated that he's a talented player. It can't be argued that he's a 6 time allstar. My beef with J.O is he has a long history of pampering himself over minor injuries. He's had some major injuries also and I'm not referring to those.     When he's on the court and isn't rusty from nursing his injuries, he's a good player, no question. Some players are tough and play with minor aches and pains. J.O is not in that category.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]easy for u to say from the comfort of your sofa. reminds me of jacoby ellsbury last year when everyone called him soft. turned out he had 5 broken ribs and needed like 2 major operations done that he is still recovering from. we never know the full truth. jo clearly had some major work done during the off season on his knee to clean it up yet the celts have never confirmed or denied anything, in same way they did with pierce (shoulder, elbow and BOTH knees) following both the 2007 and 2008 seasons. this past offseason in fact is the first one he hasnt had any real work done in a while. i have never heard any of jo's teammates question hi stoughness nor his coaches. fact he was even out there last year in a contract year when he knew the heat had no interest in resigning him says a lot right there about his CHARACTER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: STILL NO MO GO FOR JO?

JO blocked 3 shots last night and played active help defense while playing major minutes again.. this time on a back to back. he is clearly gaining more confidence and his team is likewise trusting him more. just by being there, he is helping this team. i like semih and baby but without jo those guys would be playing out of position for long stretches and playing more minutes than they should. odds are we lose at least one of the last two without jo..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: STILL NO MO GO FOR JO?

camby i would love to see in a celtics uniform, but hasnt he been plagues by injuries as of late also?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO? : easy for u to say from the comfort of your sofa. reminds me of jacoby ellsbury last year when everyone called him soft. turned out he had 5 broken ribs and needed like 2 major operations done that he is still recovering from. we never know the full truth. jo clearly had some major work done during the off season on his knee to clean it up yet the celts have never confirmed or denied anything, in same way they did with pierce (shoulder, elbow and BOTH knees) following both the 2007 and 2008 seasons. this past offseason in fact is the first one he hasnt had any real work done in a while. i have never heard any of jo's teammates question hi stoughness nor his coaches. fact he was even out there last year in a contract year when he knew the heat had no interest in resigning him says a lot right there about his CHARACTER!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Good post!

I feel the same way about JO as I do Perk. Couple+ years ago they were  the MAN (Men)..Perk backed down Howard and controlled Duncan the sneaky dirty player and JO ruled the paint at Indy.
    JO and  Perk have major persona in spite of major pain. When they both come back to near 100% the Celtics will lose very few games!