Still not impressed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Still not impressed

Let me moderate.   Yes, I'm impressed w/ PP's ability to create.   Go one on one.   Hit big shots.    RA's ability to hit the J (wish I could shoot so good).   KG sure can shoot ....and can play D.   But, ...;    Love shaq's enthusiasm.   Too bad BB doesn't have his other mid size baby tower (Leon Powe).   But the front office sure doesn't help out.   I feel DA/Papile is in the bottom half of front office ability.   They're just sucking out all the ability of the Boston 3  cause of their lack of ability.   3 yrs and still don't have ability to improve the bench.   From best bench to mediocre.... I don't get to watch many C's games, but when I see highlights, box scores or the few games I see etc, it's always the same.   Bench is only out there for starters to rest.   If C's have a lead, it's reduced.   If they're behind, the stay that way.   Nobody on the bench can score other than Shaq's big self.   C's win it seems nothing but close games thanks to the ability of Bost-3 to play half court ball and execute.   DA got rid of all bench power and didn't replace.   JPosey, EHouse.   Offensive boarder LP.   Just had to build on that, but instead let it fall cause front office doesn't know what it's doing.   NR can't make two shots in a row.   I'm still not sure if Wafer should be in the NBA, never mind on a contender.   JON might have been over-the-hill couple yrs ago and continues to have very little left even when not hurt (I thought C's should have tried to get Brad Miller).   West may help, but over 3 yrs, the C's should have a much better bench even if they didn't want to spend much $.   LP and EH were accepting close to vet min to be w/ C's.   Between RA's reduced salary, KP not being expensive and not even DW being expensive, C's could have a more productive bench.   Is C's front office responsible for the Maine (? Lobsters ?) D-league roster?   They have ? 12th best record of 16 teams.   Or is it DA's son?   Whatever, DA touches, it turns to coal.   I'm wrong?  If C's only get one championship of this Bost3, then to me, it will be due to DA/Papile's incompetence......C's lose to Bullets (I like that name) and KG w/ only 4 boards in 35mins!!!!   Tragic.   TRAGIC.   This is a reason the C's should reaquire LP.   Harangody isn't bad, but he will be too short to consistently board in the playoffs.   Tho C's 2nd round picks are valuable to give for LP(is that sarcasm I read) cause they end up better than C's first rounders.   JP isn't needed much in Pacer land (? for JON).   C's front office...Tragic.   TRAGIC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Still not impressed

In Response to Still not impressed:
    [QUOTE]    Let me moderate.   Yes, I'm impressed w/ PP's ability to create.   Go one on one.   Hit big shots.    RA's ability to hit the J (wish I could shoot so good).   KG sure can shoot ....and can play D.   But, ...;    Love shaq's enthusiasm.   Too bad BB doesn't have his other mid size baby tower (Leon Powe).   But the front office sure doesn't help out.   I feel DA/Papile is in the bottom half of front office ability.   They're just sucking out all the ability of the Boston 3  cause of their lack of ability.   3 yrs and still don't have ability to improve the bench.   From best bench to mediocre.... I don't get to watch many C's games, but when I see highlights, box scores or the few games I see etc, it's always the same.   Bench is only out there for starters to rest.   If C's have a lead, it's reduced.   If they're behind, the stay that way.   Nobody on the bench can score other than Shaq's big self.   C's win it seems nothing but close games thanks to the ability of Bost-3 to play half court ball and execute.   DA got rid of all bench power and didn't replace.   JPosey, EHouse.   Offensive boarder LP.   Just had to build on that, but instead let it fall cause front office doesn't know what it's doing.   NR can't make two shots in a row.   I'm still not sure if Wafer should be in the NBA, never mind on a contender.   JON might have been over-the-hill couple yrs ago and continues to have very little left even when not hurt (I thought C's should have tried to get Brad Miller).   West may help, but over 3 yrs, the C's should have a much better bench even if they didn't want to spend much $.   LP and EH were accepting close to vet min to be w/ C's.   Between RA's reduced salary, KP not being expensive and not even DW being expensive, C's could have a more productive bench.   Is C's front office responsible for the Maine (? Lobsters ?) D-league roster?   They have ? 12th best record of 16 teams.   Or is it DA's son?   Whatever, DA touches, it turns to coal.   I'm wrong?  If C's only get one championship of this Bost3, then to me, it will be due to DA/Papile's incompetence......C's lose to Bullets (I like that name) and KG w/ only 4 boards in 35mins!!!!   Tragic.   TRAGIC.   This is a reason the C's should reaquire LP.   Harangody isn't bad, but he will be too short to consistently board in the playoffs.   Tho C's 2nd round picks are valuable to give for LP(is that sarcasm I read) cause they end up better than C's first rounders.   JP isn't needed much in Pacer land (? for JON).   C's front office...Tragic.   TRAGIC.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

First, not to critisize, but wish you would include a few names instead of abbreviation. I moved to Milwaukee several years ago and keeping upwith the Celts long distance and only seeing a few games a year on cable is aggravating. i don't think you mentioned Big Baby Davis as a solid sixth man who can score. The bench can't be all that bad because I look at box scores and read the ame summaries etc and it seems like a solid bench.

Hetchinspete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

I'm not impressed either..............by your post.

The bench will look a lot different when DWest and Perk come back.  You will have a backup PG who can also shoot.  It will also let the team eventually slide Shaq to the bench when Perk gets his legs back

Not sure how you can criticize DA for having a 2nd unit of Shaq, Baby, Marquis, West, and Nate with JO'Neal, Semih, Wafer, Luke, and Bradley also in reserve.

How many teams can top that depth??  And don't they have the 2nd best record in all the NBA despite all the injuries they've had??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I keep saying this bench isn't all that great. I hope they're better when West and Perk come back...which I think they will be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I can understand when people here want to trade one or more current players. I can understand when people criticising or even bashing individual players. But the OP is plain ridiculous! Just look at our bigs sitting on the bench - does any other team  have such selection? Not even close.
    Oh well...

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

I'm not impressed by your inability to use paragraphs. Nice block of text that nobody will read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Are you impressed with the team's record  - even though they've not had their starting 5 at all this year (Perkins, Rondo, and KG have been out for periods)??

So, if those players are out and they have the second best record in the league - what must that say about the bench who stepped in (Shaq, BBD, Robinson, Daniels)??  And that's WITHOUT a key bench player in West.

So, I ask again, are you impressed with the team's record?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Celtsfan4life, You just took my post. I am with you 100%. You know exactly what you are talking about. Keep writing. More grease to your elbows.

Time Will Only Tell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]    Let me moderate.   Yes, I'm impressed w/ PP's ability to create.   Go one on one.   Hit big shots.    RA's ability to hit the J (wish I could shoot so good).   KG sure can shoot ....and can play D.   But, ...;    Love shaq's enthusiasm.   Too bad BB doesn't have his other mid size baby tower (Leon Powe).   But the front office sure doesn't help out.   I feel DA/Papile is in the bottom half of front office ability.   They're just sucking out all the ability of the Boston 3  cause of their lack of ability.   3 yrs and still don't have ability to improve the bench.   From best bench to mediocre.... I don't get to watch many C's games, but when I see highlights, box scores or the few games I see etc, it's always the same.   Bench is only out there for starters to rest.   If C's have a lead, it's reduced.   If they're behind, the stay that way.   Nobody on the bench can score other than Shaq's big self.   C's win it seems nothing but close games thanks to the ability of Bost-3 to play half court ball and execute.   DA got rid of all bench power and didn't replace.   JPosey, EHouse.   Offensive boarder LP.   Just had to build on that, but instead let it fall cause front office doesn't know what it's doing.   NR can't make two shots in a row.   I'm still not sure if Wafer should be in the NBA, never mind on a contender.   JON might have been over-the-hill couple yrs ago and continues to have very little left even when not hurt (I thought C's should have tried to get Brad Miller).   West may help, but over 3 yrs, the C's should have a much better bench even if they didn't want to spend much $.   LP and EH were accepting close to vet min to be w/ C's.   Between RA's reduced salary, KP not being expensive and not even DW being expensive, C's could have a more productive bench.   Is C's front office responsible for the Maine (? Lobsters ?) D-league roster?   They have ? 12th best record of 16 teams.   Or is it DA's son?   Whatever, DA touches, it turns to coal.   I'm wrong?  If C's only get one championship of this Bost3, then to me, it will be due to DA/Papile's incompetence......C's lose to Bullets (I like that name) and KG w/ only 4 boards in 35mins!!!!   Tragic.   TRAGIC.   This is a reason the C's should reaquire LP.   Harangody isn't bad, but he will be too short to consistently board in the playoffs.   Tho C's 2nd round picks are valuable to give for LP(is that sarcasm I read) cause they end up better than C's first rounders.   JP isn't needed much in Pacer land (? for JON).   C's front office...Tragic.   TRAGIC.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    Please spare us of your moderating abilities...or lack thereof.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Still not impressed:
    [QUOTE]Celtsfan4life , You just took my post. I am with you 100%. You know exactly what you are talking about. Keep writing. More grease to your elbows.                                      Time Will Only Tell                                 
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Chief.  I appreciate that.  Its fun having some folks to talk to about my favorite team in the world!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Do you think the bench will be better with West and Perk on it?  Just curious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Well, remember that every minute played this year at Center was played by a bench player.  Daniels is versatile and several players are still out or playing outside of the role they are supposed to be playing in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Are you impressed with the team's record  - even though they've not had their starting 5 at all this year (Perkins, Rondo, and KG have been out for periods)?? So, if those players are out and they have the second best record in the league - what must that say about the bench who stepped in (Shaq, BBD, Robinson, Daniels)??  And that's WITHOUT a key bench player in West. So, I ask again, are you impressed with the team's record?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

"not had their starting 5".....  I have already change my depends twice today......  the Cs have given up ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO without Perk.  Their bench has been hurt but you may or may not have noticed but their offense is better without them and their defense is better without him.

The only player in the league other than Perk whose actual performance and value compared to their own perceived value differs more than Rondo's.

Give me Noah, Shaq, either Lopez, either Gasol, Howard, Hibbert, Kaman, Jason Thompson, Horford, McGee, Okur, and a bunch of other centers that I will not even list and the Cs are no worse off. 

Wow the Cs have not had their starting 5????  No they have had better than their starting 5........please.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Perk will be one of the most sought after free agents in the off season.  The Celtics are lucky because they recruited and developed him so he may have some loyalty to the organization. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Perk will be one of the most sought after free agents in the off season.  The Celtics are lucky because they recruited and developed him so he may have some loyalty to the organization. 
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

very very highly sought after unless of course you realize that he is a journeyman at best and his game only seemed to come around because he has had one of the greatest defenders in history starting next to him and he has absolutely no offensive game, terrible footwork, hands of stone, turnover waiting to happen, can't make free throws, has no face up game, has no back to the basket game, can't even run a play for him.... and much like his point guard benefits from who he plays with more than anyone else in the league....

so I guess if you can get passed those simple few things..... and if nobody else at his position happens to be a free agent at his position... he will surely be wanted......

If you are a GM you are thinking which player in the league has a game whose actual game varies from his perceived game can be seen from space?  who is the player in the league who has absolutely no game but leads the league in technicals?  which player can I not run my offense through?  which player will absolultely miss critical free throws when the game is on the line?

Let's make a list:

Nazr Mohammed, Deandre Jordan, Jeff Foster, Dampier, Haywood, Kwame Brown, blah blah blah...... Perk like Rondo is one of the players in the league who benefits more from who they play with more than just about anyone else.

And, he like Rondo, thinks the success has something to do with him.

List the players you can trade Pierce for without a drop off - LeBron and ummmmm

List the players you can trade KG for without a drop off - Duncan, Amare, and ummmmmmmmm

List the players you can trade Ray for without a drop off - Mayo, Wade, and ummmm

List the players you can trade Perk for without a drop off - 15 guys......

List the players you can trade Rondo for without a drop off - 15 guys........

coffee is done - wake up and smell it.... stop hitting snooze... it is almost 330 in the afternoon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still not impressed : very very highly sought after unless of course you realize that he is a journeyman at best and his game only seemed to come around because he has had one of the greatest defenders in history starting next to him and he has absolutely no offensive game, terrible footwork, hands of stone, turnover waiting to happen, can't make free throws, has no face up game, has no back to the basket game, can't even run a play for him.... and much like his point guard benefits from who he plays with more than anyone else in the league.... so I guess if you can get passed those simple few things..... and if nobody else at his position happens to be a free agent at his position... he will surely be wanted...... If you are a GM you are thinking which player in the league has a game whose actual game varies from his perceived game can be seen from space?  who is the player in the league who has absolutely no game but leads the league in technicals?  which player can I not run my offense through?  which player will absolultely miss critical free throws when the game is on the line? Let's make a list: Nazr Mohammed, Deandre Jordan, Jeff Foster, Dampier, Haywood, Kwame Brown, blah blah blah...... Perk like Rondo is one of the players in the league who benefits more from who they play with more than just about anyone else. And, he like Rondo, thinks the success has something to do with him. List the players you can trade Pierce for without a drop off - LeBron and ummmmm List the players you can trade KG for without a drop off - Duncan, Amare, and ummmmmmmmm List the players you can trade Ray for without a drop off - Mayo, Wade, and ummmm List the players you can trade Perk for without a drop off - 15 guys...... List the players you can trade Rondo for without a drop off - 15 guys........ coffee is done - wake up and smell it.... stop hitting snooze... it is almost 330 in the afternoon.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

So when does Perkins start flipping burgers?  After his next multi million dollar contract?  Why will Doc put him in as a starter again?  Why did Rondo and Perk start on a world championship team?   You are making a idiot out of yourself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still not impressed : So when does Perkins start flipping burgers?  After his next multi million dollar contract?  Why will Doc put him in as a starter again?  Why did Rondo and Perk start on a world championship team?   You are making a idiot out of yourself.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Perk will get another contract but it, like Rondo's, will be no where near the best at his position.

Doc will not put him in as a starter again.

Perk and Rondo started on a world championship team because they were the ones that happened to be there and there is not another objective basketball fan on the planet that does not realize that any number of other players at their positions would not now be also wearing rings:

The following players have rings:

Robert Horry (more than Michael / Kobe / Shaq), Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen, Horace Grant, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton, Jason Williams, Luke Walton, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc, and so on..... maybe with this list you get the point........ all of these players have rings but with any number of other players taking their role would have won rings as well.......

That is why one of the funniest things I have ever seen is Rondo somehow taunting or whatever you want to call it giving Chris Paul c rap about Rondo having a ring...... Rondo may end up with 3 rings but will never ever ever ever ever be the player that Chris Paul is.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

First off Dudder you don't win championships with bad players starting.  It doesn't happen. They did their part. What was expected of them.

I believe I read the other day where Doc couldn't wait to get Perk back in the starting lineup.  No I am not going to look it up. Sure I read it though. Yes he will be starting again.  I think I am on record as saying that Shaq should continue to start. That doesn't matter, what Doc says does. He will start again.

As far as better players.  How many quarterbacks are better than Ben R. ?  His goal is to win more championships than anyone.  He may well do it.  No he is not as good as Rogers, Brady, etc, but he wins.  Just win baby.

BTW you and I quote " Perkins will be flipping burgers in a couple years".   Now don't you sound foolish?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]First off Dudder you don't win championships with bad players starting.  It doesn't happen. They did their part. What was expected of them. I believe I read the other day where Doc couldn't wait to get Perk back in the starting lineup.  No I am not going to look it up. Sure I read it though. Yes he will be starting again.  I think I am on record as saying that Shaq should continue to start. That doesn't matter, what Doc says does. He will start again. As far as better players.  How many quarterbacks are better than Ben R. ?  His goal is to win more championships than anyone.  He may well do it.  No he is not as good as Rogers, Brady, etc, but he wins.  Just win baby. BTW you and I quote " Perkins will be flipping burgers in a couple years".   Now don't you sound foolish?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

As usual - misquoted.... please go back and find the part where I mentioned BAD players starting for championship teams....  You and a whole bunch of other posters love to misinterpret and misquote me and put words in my mouth.  If I say Rondo is in the top third on the list of best point guards in the next post I read I find out that I said he s ucked.  When I say that I think there are a dozen other point guards that could step in and replace Rondo and the Cs would not miss a beat, the next post I read says Rondo should be in the D-League.  We should at least attempt to play on the same level.

When I read what you say I don't go back and reconfigure it and denigrate it and misquote it, as a matter of fact I usually literally quote someone and out quote marks around it.

I do not want to get into the quarterback discussion - as long as there is a situation where the Ravens quarterback (can't think of his name) gets a ring but Marino doesn't there is no discussion to be had.

If Marino was playing with today's rules he would average 8000 yards per game and throw for 75 touchdowns, does that make Jim McMahon who destroyed the Pats in 85 a better quarterback than Marino.

Elway does not get a sniff without Terrell Davis but gets two as a result and it solidifies his legacy.

The Pats go 11 and 5 without Brady - is it Brady or the system?

There is a stat which I have not tried to find since I heard it but there is some sort of stat where "so and so has gotten rings for XX players".... Jordan and Duncan and Shaq lead the list because where they go, rings go.  So for example and I have no idea if this is right but it goes something like this "Duncan has gotten rings for 75 players" - what this stat connotes is that it is Duncan and not the rest of the players that are there with him, in other words some are along for the ride.  That is my feeling about the Cs.  There are any number of players that are along for the ride with Pierce, Allen, and KG and the rest are interchangeable parts with any number of other players in the league.

So if it is the BIG 3 and Noah and Steph Curry, they still get a ring.  If you chuck Davis and have Battier you still are the same, if you get rid of Nate but get Sessions you are the same, and so on and so forth.

Please make at least a subtle attempt at not taking things so literally - what I meant by Perkins flipping burgers should at least be taken in some sort of context - I first said it at the time and in response to people saying "the sky is the limit", so Perk has turned out to be a journeyman center that happens to have played on a championship team like Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, and a whole bunch of other players that were they substituted the teams would have still gone on to win their rings.....  Perk has never and will never play on an all-star team and therefore to suggest that somehow you could not replace him with a whole bunch of others is simply silly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

one on one and dudder, you guys need to go to pats forum....sinus, siesta and chief: what I'm saying is that the bench could be MUCH better.   C's will @ least lose to Spurs cause C's haven't built their bench over past 3yrs.   Drafting same position as C's, Spurs are thru draft and C's thru extended care facilities.   And, that can be ok.   But, none of those old guys can rebound!   KP can't rebound.   With KG weak on the boards, C's gonna lose this yr same as last...ON THE BOARDS!   KP is only a 7 boards/gm player at his best.   After BB, RR is the 2nd best rebounder on the team!   All those bigs.  Right.  C's still below average on team rebounding.  With the talent of the Bost3, DA shoulda obtained rebounders, not names.... "But they can shoot".   Yea, right.   BB is the best shooter off the bench (lol)!   NR can't shoot.   JON can't.   MD.   I don't know what Wafer does (but he doesn't seem selfish).   Ahhh, who is left?   In my opinion, the C's chances are big time dependent on DWest (I know, you think I'm more crazy).   What has he played, ? 6 games.   The team never established any chemistry w/ him before he got hurt.   Should he play point?   What shot should he take (Create like RR or for himself)?   Take a three?   I'm not impressed w/ DA/Papile.   Not at all.   All those 'names', all those old timers and none can shoot nor board (minus Shaqs 20 minutes.   But he might not be on the court at end of games).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Just saying, Perk will be sought after as most of the analysts point out.  It isn't just my opinion.  Generally, most analyts also report that Rondo could have gotten a bigger contract to go with another team, but he wanted to continue to play for a quality team, with Pierce and Allen also going out of there way to stay on the team.  I think Perk will follow suit, even though he will most likely get offers for more money from other teams.  It isn't just about scoring points, there's a lot of dirty work to do on a team that isn't glamorous.  Wilt scored way more points than Russell, but the NBA Finals MVP trophy is named after Russell. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]one on one and dudder, you guys need to go to pats forum....sinus, siesta and chief: what I'm saying is that the bench could be MUCH better.   C's will @ least lose to Spurs cause C's haven't built their bench over past 3yrs.   Drafting same position as C's, Spurs are thru draft and C's thru extended care facilities.   And, that can be ok.   But, none of those old guys can rebound!   KP can't rebound.   With KG weak on the boards, C's gonna lose this yr same as last...ON THE BOARDS!   KP is only a 7 boards/gm player at his best.   After BB, RR is the 2nd best rebounder on the team!   All those bigs.  Right.  C's still below average on team rebounding.  With the talent of the Bost3, DA shoulda obtained rebounders, not names.... "But they can shoot".   Yea, right.   BB is the best shooter off the bench (lol)!   NR can't shoot.   JON can't.   MD.   I don't know what Wafer does (but he doesn't seem selfish).   Ahhh, who is left?   In my opinion, the C's chances are big time dependent on DWest (I know, you think I'm more crazy).   What has he played, ? 6 games.   The team never established any chemistry w/ him before he got hurt.   Should he play point?   What shot should he take (Create like RR or for himself)?   Take a three?   I'm not impressed w/ DA/Papile.   Not at all.   All those 'names', all those old timers and none can shoot nor board (minus Shaqs 20 minutes.   But he might not be on the court at end of games).
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

The Cs embarrassed the Spurs off the floor without Perk and D West and the Spurs viewed the game as an outside shooting contest and lost that contest and were really not all that competitive.

So in the playoffs when the benches get shorter you want to somehow suggest that the Cs bench will not be good enough.

Ummmmmm.... if the starters are already good enough to beat the Spurs and the starters will play more minutes in the playoffs and the two guys that will come off the bench before just about anyone else have not played this season... you can somehow deduce that the Cs won't beat the Spurs........

dam n  it another depends change.....  good thing I can still do it myself.... I would really hate for somone else to have to change my depends just because people on Boston.com have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

Seems kind of crazy and most cannot even begin to analyze stats they just hear them and run with it and interpret it however they want......

The worst rebounding team in the league makes a higher percentage of shots than anyone else in the league - not really as many rebounds available..... wow.

If there was any way to misinterpret the bad rebounding stat more poorly I think you may have found it......

Being analytical is fine, being able to assemble and interpret stats and couple them with the big picture is a completely different animal..... for example, if the Cs were the worst rebounding team in the league and were 10 and 33 that may be an indicator however....

You have the worst rebounding team that makes a much higher percentage of their shots than any other team in the league by a large margin and oh by the way they are 33 and 10.... what that would suggest is that perhaps rebounding is probably not a stat that applies to this team.........

The stats that are concerning to me is that they Cs have 3 starters (Perk, Shaq, Rondo) that are very simply the worst free throw shooters in the league and it puts tons of pressure on the team in crunch time.

Delonte West, assuming he is healthy, will eliminate this issue when they get to the playoffs.  The Cs will only have one player (either center) on the floor that is a distinct liability on the floor at crunch time.  This will match the same weakness that most teams have.

We will see in the playoffs that D West will be running the team most of the time in the second half of tight games.  When West passes the ball, he will at least be an option to pass the ball back to and at least an option to make a shot and or drive to the hole and finish and if he does not make the shot, he will go to the line and make 85%.  So that problem will be solved.

That leaves Rondo, Wafer, Nate, and Daniels as guys that can come off the bench and waste fouls and eat minutes if necessary.

Assuming Jermaine is close to healthy the Cs have 30 fouls between Semih, Perk, Shaq, Jermaine, and Baby in the paint.  There is no way the Spurs can deal with that.

At this stage give me KG, Ray, and Paul against the rest of their starters and there is simply no contest as far as I am concerned.

The Spurs may well be the 1 seed but are one and done because they do not have the size to deal with the half court offense that is required in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I also find it puzzling that some people have built an imag of Perk during his layoff that far surpasses the player he is.

Perk is an adequate center for teams not requiring scoring, ball handling, passing, smarts or FT shooting.  Refs must hate the guy.. always near tops in league with Techs (before the new rule, gulp) and setting illegal picks.

Yea, Perk is gonna help us if his knee is 80%... off of major knee surgery, very few pick up where they left off... and where Perk left off wasnt so great...

But hes a big body that hopefully can set legal picks, blend in defensively & offensively for what his role is. Can absorb 6 fouls per game, which will be huge for us. Thats about it. Hes not a savior...far, far from it... Very far...

DWests return will have much greater impact imo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I also find it puzzling that some people have built an imag of Perk during his layoff that far surpasses the player he is. Perk is an adequate center for teams not requiring scoring, ball handling, passing, smarts or FT shooting.  Refs must hate the guy.. always near tops in league with Techs (before the new rule, gulp) and setting illegal picks. Yea, Perk is gonna help us if his knee is 80%... off of major knee surgery, very few pick up where they left off... and where Perk left off wasnt so great... But hes a big body that hopefully can set legal picks, blend in defensively & offensively for what his role is. Can absorb 6 fouls per game, which will be huge for us. Thats about it. Hes not a savior...far, far from it... Very far... DWests return will have much greater impact imo.  
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Wow.. finally someone that has a f riggin clue..... posters would have you believe that when Perk went down that Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, Patrick, Russ, Wilt, and Dwight Howard had been removed from the roster.....

The same posters were crying wondering how on earth (or as most would say erf) the Cs would get by without Perk...  Danny went out and got two players, when healthy, are both better than Perk.......

If JO and Shaq are both healthy, Perk is the 3rd string center even if at 100%..... but of course Perk wears green so how on erf could his reappearance mean anything other than a continuous all-star performance from someone who has never and will never ever every make an all-star appearance?

In crunch time D West will run the team and the offense will be very smooth and the fear of not having a point guard that avoids shooting and who cannot finish and who cannot make 3s or freebies and who is not part of the offense will be eliminated...

Will that make Rondo work harder to become a sbhooter in the offseason?  Nope.
      Having his coach say that his inability to shoot hurt them in the playoffs and having coach K say they could not afford to have nonshooters on the team was not enough for Rondo to fix the problem in the offseason so my guess is that winning the title in the spring will not have any affect on his ability to shoot in the coming offseason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hey I remember our discussions about Perk as well last season.  Perk is a very limited contributor and in no way resembles Rondo who is a force this team cannot do without.   

Perkins however can be rally killer.  His turnovers, errant shots, and terrible free throw shooting will be front and center when he starts playing again.  He runs poorly and passes with poor vision.  Still he is a great screener and pick setter.  He also can get offensive rebounds and will play tough defense on certain players.  Bottom line he is more a positive than a  negative.  A wide body as he should be called.  

So the point that Dudder makes is correct this guy is certainly not a big get for free agency.  He will not attract that much in trade. And Shaq is far more valuable in the playoffs if he can stay healthy and out of foul trouble.  Perk is coming back but let's not get too excited.  I am of course hoping he proves me wrong and has greatly improved.

Let's not  forget his propensity for ill timed fouls and his favorite technicals.
    He will be welcomed back and I am right there. He is however limited and only because of the make up of this great team his drawbacks can be somewhat mitigated.