Still think Bradley can't shoot, CHE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Re: Still think Bradley can't shoot, CHE?

I liked Tommy's Jo Jo White comparison.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to postal5's comment:

I liked Tommy's Jo Jo White comparison.

That's why I said the Celts should explore making AB a PG.

It appears they are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He never had cjance to be a scorer now he does. He can ball plus not many master the D way he does. He does not need as much time with the ball as Rondo does. He is not flashy but very contained.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Avery Bradley and a guy like Shabazz Muhammad in the backcourt, wowzers!

Victor Oladipo, double wowzers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

AB is not and will not be a point guard.  Rack me on that quote!!!!!!! OUT!!!!!!!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

i've said since day 1 that I think ab's upside is joe dumars type career.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Still early for me Fierce -- i don't feed the egg until it's a chicken. The thing was, from his last 10 games, he shoot nothing but brick. Last night was different - the priority of the team was to establish a pg and reward him with ton's of shot. He was given a lot of green light to shot but managed 10-15 -- still early, you have to wait. You don't get fungus overnight.

Oh, if i remember Philly got tired and Bradley was able to do what he needs to do 'cause half of their roster called in sick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

that not a bad comparison,  and pretty accurate as well.  I think Joe was a lot better finisher around the basket and Avery is a lot more inclined to steal the ball off the dribble,  but a lot like each other.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Still early for me Fierce -- i don't feed the egg until it's a chicken. The thing was, from his last 10 games, he shoot nothing but brick. Last night was different - the priority of the team was to establish a pg and reward him with ton's of shot. He was given a lot of shot but managed 10-15 -- still early, you have to wait. You don't get fungus overnight.

Oh, if i remember Philly got tired and Bradley was able to do what he needs to do 'cause half of their roster called in sick.

Avery is shooting 48% for the last 10 games,  and has raised his shooting averages to I think 43% after a very slow start.  Doc has said many times early in his career that Avery could really shoot the ball. He seems to have a very good stroke.  It does seem to leave him later in the game when his legs are a little tired, but I think that will change as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I would say Alvin Robertson way more than Dumars.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I think he is closer to Joe D. myself.  I think he is a AB is a better shooter than Alvin but Alvin was known to get a triple double occasionally.  Not sure AB will be able to accomplish that.  Alvin I thought played passing lanes and got more steals that way,  where AB and Joe got more of their steals on man to man defense. Thinking about it,  man to man was the way Dennis Johnson got most of his steals as well.  Maybe those two are a good comparison.

Just found this and its kind of interesting to look at.  On a side note PP has moved onto this list with his 9th career tripdoub earlier this year.  Lot of good players on this list.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=9181

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Still early for me Fierce -- i don't feed the egg until it's a chicken. The thing was, from his last 10 games, he shoot nothing but brick. Last night was different - the priority of the team was to establish a pg and reward him with ton's of shot. He was given a lot of green light to shot but managed 10-15 -- still early, you have to wait. You don't get fungus overnight.

Che,  Philly didn't get tired,  Avery missed his last 3 shot after hitting 10-12.  You can see that Avery has a very nice jumpshot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I think he is closer to Joe D. myself.  I think he is a AB is a better shooter than Alvin but Alvin was known to get a triple double occasionally.  Not sure AB will be able to accomplish that.  Alvin I thought played passing lanes and got more steals that way,  where AB and Joe got more of their steals on man to man defense. Thinking about it,  man to man was the way Dennis Johnson got most of his steals as well.  Maybe those two are a good comparison.

Just found this and its kind of interesting to look at.  On a side note PP has moved onto this list with his 9th career tripdoub earlier this year.  Lot of good players on this list.

I was talking about hid D and offensive capabilities. Not the rebounding.  Robertson was a guy that   could get you 15 a game and was defensive player of the year one year.  Great defensive guard, average offensive player.

Dumars was a much better offensive player than Bradley and Dumars wasnt as good on D as Bradley.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

Che,  Philly didn't get tired,  Avery missed his last 3 shot after hitting 10-12.  You can see that Avery has a very nice jumpshot.

this guy is only going to get better. succesful Boston teams have always had a defensive stopper. Bradley is it for this bunch. a real team player. no diva DNA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I was talking about hid D and offensive capabilities. Not the rebounding.  Robertson was a guy that   could get you 15 a game and was defensive player of the year one year.  Great defensive guard, average offensive player.

Dumars was a much better offensive player than Bradley and Dumars wasnt as good on D as Bradley.

That is a great comparison, and we would be lucky if he is that good.  I saw the guy play in the 1984 Olympics.........if Knight turned him loose, he could have had 15 steals per game!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

AB would be my new PG.  He is perfect for the position.  He can defend any pg in the league, he can shoot the open jumper when needed, he can be an assist man but needs to develop his style and technique a bit.  He will be better than RR running the team because he doesn't have RR ego.  DA now has a big trade chip.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What do you have to say, CHE?

Hmmmmmm, 6-15 shooting a sharp shooter huh?  - as I said you have to wait...that's why you are always hit or miss. BV!!crap fungus analysis.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Poor fungus guy --- his anal - ysis always stink! Wrong again......go work!

25. This post has been removed.