Still want to see this trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Still want to see this trade

Sounds like Lin is unhappy with Houston and vice versa.  I would like to see a Lin,Asik, 2014 1st round pick(low I know with that team) for Rondo and Wallace.  Fill ins if required from Houston as trade machine will not let me complete until mid sept on Wallace.

Gives us:

Lin, Pressey

AB, Lee, MB, bogans, crawford

Green, Greene, Bogans

Sully, KO, Bass, hump

Asik, faverini, hump

Still try to trade Bass and lee/crawford after that

Asik is a key piece for us. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Re: Still want to see this trade

Would give Houston

Rondo

Harden

Parsons

Smith

Howard

Not bad.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Rondo and Lee or Bass for Asik and Lin.

Rondo and Wallace for Asik and Lin won't work because the salaries won't match.

I would do Bass and Rondo...but might need a better or second pick kicker.  I dont think Houston has enough fill ins to do Wallace now that you mention it.  Maybe a third team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Sounds like Lin is unhappy with Houston and vice versa.  I would like to see a Lin,Asik, 2014 1st round pick(low I know with that team) for Rondo and Wallace.  Fill ins if required from Houston as trade machine will not let me complete until mid sept on Wallace.

Gives us:

Lin, Pressey

Green, Greene, Bogans

Sully, KO, Bass, hump

Asik, faverini, hump

Sure. I do that trade.  and in fact, Houston is probably the most likely and logical deal that involves a quality Center for us.  BUT:   

The numbers don't work on Real GM... but if Houston throws in one of their excess SF, like Caspi or Garcia (although I try to fight for Terrance Jones first), then the deal works.  but,

2. I doubt Houston wants Wallace, because of the excess SF they already have as mentioned.  Bass may be a more desireable player for Houson.  AND I think they could use a swing G, like Crawford. 

So a revised deal that works financially:

Rondo, Bass, Crawford

Asik, Jones, Lin and Pick 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

[QUOTE]What is wrong with you guys?Why give away Rondo? He is part of the future.Thanks God Danny is our gm.

Gives us:

Lin, Pressey

Green, Greene, Bogans

Sully, KO, Bass, hump

Asik, faverini, hump

Sure. I do that trade.  and in fact, Houston is probably the most likely and logical deal that involves a quality Center for us.  BUT:   

The numbers don't work on Real GM... but if Houston throws in one of their excess SF, like Caspi or Garcia (although I try to fight for Terrance Jones first), then the deal works.  but,

2. I doubt Houston wants Wallace, because of the excess SF they already have as mentioned.  Bass may be a more desireable player for Houson.  AND I think they could use a swing G, like Crawford. 

So a revised deal that works financially:

Rondo, Bass, Crawford

Asik, Jones, Lin and Pick 

[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

better pickup boozer and cha 1strd 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I think it's best if Ainge wait until the trade deadline to make trades.

agree. but rondo for lin and asik? no way

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

How about this trade? Wallace after 9/12 and a pick for J Thomphson,I Thomas and T Outlaw.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

How about this trade? Wallace after 9/12 and a pick for J Thomphson,I Thomas and T Outlaw.

why not rondo, crawford, and wallace for Gortat(expiring c), goran dragic and butler plus 2014 1st rd pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I need two first round picks from Houston for Rondo & Bass & Crawford. Yes, two firsts sounds about right. I mean, it essentially gives Houston a two year window at a super-team. To think that they could have the best true point guard and best true center on the same team with hands down the best young SG in the league? That is a champ team.

So, Asiq & Lin & (either Rockets unprotected or the Thunder top20 protected) & 2016 Rockets first round pick (top10 protected)

Obviously you also ask for the inclusion of a Beverly, Smith, T. Jones or Motiejunas. But I'd settle for the two picks as we already have a body issue (too many)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

you also must assess keeping Green at that point. If you trade Rondo for xyz and a 2014 pick, ideally you work out a scenerio where you trade Green and that pick and maybe the Nets pick to move up to get a top5. In such a scenario, the Celtics could possibly walk away from 2014 with two top 10 players in the draft to start a slow rebuild along with Sully, KO, AB, asik & MB. Lin holds you over that first year while Smart develops and then Lin is traded on an expiring contract. Imagine getting Smart & Parker ... that is the only way I trade Rondo.

in this case you're looking at signing a Big FA like Harden to a Max deal in 2015 to contend in 2016-18

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In the above, I'm thinking if a team like Orlando gets the 3,4, or 5 pick, maybe they look to squire Green and move down in the draft so they can get a legit 3rd option who doiesnt need to develop. Maybe that team is Charlotte or Utah.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

Ainge is not going to give Rondo away.  I know he still owes his friend a favor in Houston but Lin and Asik for Rondo is crazy.  Rondo is much more valuable than these two.  Further Brandon Bass is a solid player as well.  I can see a package with Bass and another player to alleviate the log-jam at power forward but only if a team is willing to give up a top player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to CelticNut's comment:

Ainge is not going to give Rondo away.  I know he still owes his friend a favor in Houston but Lin and Asik for Rondo is crazy.  Rondo is much more valuable than these two.  Further Brandon Bass is a solid player as well.  I can see a package with Bass and another player to alleviate the log-jam at power forward but only if a team is willing to give up a top player.

Agreed, Rondo for Asik is a non-starter - jeesh. The guy probably comes back in December and competes with Rose and Irving for best PG in the East.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Rondo and Bass for Asik and Lin and 2 1st round picks is fair to me.  Asik is far superior to Bass in my mind.  Serviceable young big men are valuable, and Rondo, as great as he is, is limited.  Maybe he comes out of his shell now that the legends are gone and starts to light it up from outside.  Stranger things have happened.  In the next two years I think it is really a wash due to Asik.  He is just far better than anyone we have.

How many very good centers are out there?  Now how many very good PG's.  Easier to replace the PG.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

A double double 7' big body that is only 27 is pretty rare in the league.  A PG who can't shoot very well is less difficult.  Not saying Rondo isn't great, but he also doesn't have the big three to bail him out and make him look better.  We do not have a great team to penetrate and kick out this year.  Rondo is going to have to finish more this year to be effective.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

i would rather roll the dice for a potential franchise player in the 2014 draft. asik and lin are role players, rondo is a star.

+1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Rondo and Bass for Asik and Lin and 2 1st round picks is fair to me.  Asik is far superior to Bass in my mind.  Serviceable young big men are valuable, and Rondo, as great as he is, is limited.  Maybe he comes out of his shell now that the legends are gone and starts to light it up from outside.  Stranger things have happened.  In the next two years I think it is really a wash due to Asik.  He is just far better than anyone we have.

How many very good centers are out there?  Now how many very good PG's.  Easier to replace the PG.

I just don't understand this mentality. Have you ever watched Rondo play? Did you see ANY of the playoffs (this year excluded) the last few years? Does your mind not register triple-doubles? Do you refuse to believe that Rondo shot 50% from mid range this past half year? Does the assist streak (2nd of ALL TIME) not count because its Rondo? I guess the championship doesn't count either becase Rondo wasn't the go-to guy in his sophmore season...

Seriously, come out of his shell? This kid is already a star, and you people treat him like D.J Augstin could replace him and we'd be better off. 

Y . I . K . E . S !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/double-doubles/sort/doubleDouble

Seriously, look at this freaking chart. Rondo played half as many games as most on here (38/80). Of the 38 games, Rondo had 20 double doubles. Fine. The assist streak. Go ahead and discount that all you want. 

BUT, he also had 5 triple-doubles. That leads all other players in the NBA. Lebron was 2nd with 4. Let me repeat, Rondo led the league in this category while playing in HALF the games of the other players.

But yeah Rondo should step it up, come out of his shell and live up to his contract ...