Strategy vs Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Strategy vs Miami

What do you all think of this... 

Everytime Lebron or Wade gets the ball, immediately send Rondo (or other pg) or Jermaine (or other C) to double team and dare the Miami Heat "supporting cast" (and I use that term loosely) to beat us.  I'm not sure if Bibby, Chalmers, Jones, House, et al. can make up for the lost James/Wade production.  What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Strategy vs Miami

I like that strategy but you can't do it too much or they will pick up on it. I would pick and choose when to run at them. The only problem is sometimes when you double you can get called for ticky-tack fouls.

I would really only double Wade. Bron is a great passer and if you double him he'll find the open guy.

This is a series where I expect BBD and Green to really have their way with Miami's backups. They don't have much frontline help coming off the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Personally I think you could double off wade or lebron.  They'll likely be on opposite sides of the floor and we can live with either taking jumpers.

I'm a little afraid to double off chalmers or jones and you sure don't want to double off bosch.  If baby's at center you can double away from any of their bigs except Z.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

True. They are a good jump shooting team so rebounding should be in our favor because I don't think they'll shoot above 45%.

This is a series where I tell Rondo to do more walking than running. We want to get Miami in a halfcourt game and punish them in the paint, get them in foul trouble. We don't want to run up and down the court with them. I'm telling Rondo to control the pace and get them uncomfortable by slowing the game down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Lebron and Wade are most effective penetrating to the basket and getting to the foul line a lot.  In the past, Doc and Thibs designed a 3 man defensive triangle around the key area. It works well with detering petetration. It has worked well against Lebron the in 2008 and last year during the playoffs. I expect that Doc will use the same defensive strategy again. Neither Wade or Lebron are consistent good outside shooters. They can both get hot from the outside, but they're not pure shooters who are consistent. Therefore make them beat you from the outside.  Contest the perimeter jump shots with the 2 perimeter defenders and let the 3 interior defenders play an interior triangle. In otherwords, its a semi zone type defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Miami has a better bench than NY but they are not as tough. In the playoffs Miami needs tough hard nose play. I do not see anyone in Miami helping out there big three except for Chalmers. I think he has stepped it up a noch. I actually think we need to go inside more on them and get them in foul trouble. J/O and Krystic should get alot of passes in the paint and Wade and Lebron forced to help out/ This will open lanes for Pierce and Rondo to go to the whole. Best way to beat Miami is to take away Wade and Lebrons agressiveness by keeping them one of them in foul trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Miami is going to get a ton of FTs in this series.  LeBron on his own is going to be a busy FT shooter throughout the series.Our best chance is smothering defense and hope to see Ray get hot again.  My guess is a lot of double teams; PP can guard LeBron straight up for about one and a half quarters.  Then it's going to be help time.

But if the last meeting of the regular season was any indication, Boston could be in deep trouble in this series. I hope Miami plays Boston the way they're playing Philly; lackadaisically and with too much emphasis on LeBron.  The other thing Miami does regularly is to slack on the 3 point shooter; the long rebound becomes a transition hoop in about three seconds.  It's been Wade lately, but LeBron and Jones both do this too. 

Ray needs to hit his shots in that series...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Do not give up layups to L.B. or Wade. Put the hammer on them and let them know to lane is punish time. NO LAYUPS pound them in the middle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Strategy vs Miami:
    [QUOTE]What do you all think of this...  Everytime Lebron or Wade gets the ball, immediately send Rondo (or other pg) or Jermaine (or other C) to double team and dare the Miami Heat "supporting cast" (and I use that term loosely) to beat us.  I'm not sure if Bibby, Chalmers, Jones, House, et al. can make up for the lost James/Wade production.  What do you think?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Jones won the 3 point contest, Chalmers hit 3 straight 3s yesterday, Miller is one of the best 3 point shooters in league history.... it is all coming together for me now.

You mean the lost production when they both just muscle their way to the hoop and 1?  Is that what you mean?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Celtics will try to keep Heat paint scoring to a minimum and make the Heat a jump shooting team. They are experts on how to stop Lebron. I see Rondo playing Wade because Bibby is slow.

KG makes a point out of making Bosch look pathetic in the post.

On offense. I see the Celtics feeding JO, Shaq, and KG as a priority, because they have no answers for them. I also see Wade guarding Rondo, however, Rondo's aggressive play is back, so he will still drive and dish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Strategy vs Miami:
    [QUOTE]Personally I think you could double off wade or lebron.  They'll likely be on opposite sides of the floor and we can live with either taking jumpers. I'm a little afraid to double off chalmers or jones and you sure don't want to double off bosch.  If baby's at center you can double away from any of their bigs except Z.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Of course double off them because with their passive attitude they would just be hoisting jumpers..... or imprinting Spaulding on someone's forehead and being in Sportscenter top 10 and 1......  sounds like a great opportunity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The Celtics literally have not committed a hard foul since Perk left.  Not once. There is no reason to think they will attempt it in the Miami series; even if they do, it's going to be a flagrant and one anyway. 

The deal with Perkins is that he was an enforcer without actually having to level anyone.  His presence in the paint was pretty much all it took. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jermaine bashed LeBron w/ his shoulder in the last meeting which strated a lot of posturing and cowardly officiating. That was when Doc called the Heat 'fake tough'

JO, Pierce and Baby need to combine for 2-3 charges a game

Jermaine should play Bosh straight up like 28-30 mins. I am confident he can contain him to less than season avg's. Then KG can 'roam' off Anthony (not a great shooter) and in smart situations Big Z (who is a good shooter)... to double any of Miami's 3 who come inside. Then KG gets Bosh 1 on 1 the other 14 or so mins he plays.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rondo should be used to stick to Bibby/chalmers like glue. All they really do good is shoot and their job is to dribble up, pass off, swing the ball, etc. Rondo and his wingspan has to to hound them non-stop, force tunrovers and terrible shooting. Since Rondo is fast and not a great shooter, being by the 3 point line on D will be perfect for burning bibby w/ outlet layups.

Ray should guard Wade for like 30-32 mins, with Pierce/DWest on him the other 10-14 mins he plays. Mix up the type of defenders and use many fouls. The 2-6 mins a game Wade is on the bench and Jones is at SG, Ray can be on him and use less energy, abuse the 3 point champ.

Paul should guard LBJ for like 26-28 mins with Green on him the other 16-18 mins he plays. Green uses his fouls and length. Paul won't be as tired in the 4th. It is what Posey used to to. Then Paul can be on Miller (or Jones) the 2-6 mins they are in @ SF (+ his time @ SG).

Miami's 3 will all play 40-46 mins a game this series, mark my words. If we hold our big 3 to 34-37 mins, using guys like West, Baby and Green (and their fouls) then our stars will be more rested in the 4th.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

What's the strategy vs. Indy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Uhhh...Phily....Doh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Philly first then Indy or Atl..

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]What's the strategy vs. Indy?
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

The question 7 games from now is do I need a custom length driver and should it be the R11 or the new Diablo Octane?  Belly putter or regular?  Pro V 1 or Pro V1*.

This apparent great play by the Cs against a junior high team missing 2 of its 3 best players means that they are going out on the road and beating a team that they could not beat without Shaq and were stomped on last time they played.  I am setting the over / under that the Cs score 76 ppg in 2 games..... in how many games will the Cs score 76 or fewer?  In the last 3 Heat / Bulls games the Cs did not score more than 80.  The scores go down and the defense gets amped up.

5 straight wins against the Knicks should certainly give them all the confidence in the world especially after winning about half of their last 25 games.

The Heat charged into the playoffs winning only about 18 of their last 20 and are playing a better team than the Cs did in the first round especially after you remove Billups and Amare.

Of course none of these facts matter, just trying to provide some background.

Let's all sign up now for some prediction so that we can all find out what we think we really know.....

Heat in 7..........  let's all sign up and see if anyone can be objective or simply homers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Maybe we should abandon all logic and strategy and do what Dudder says. Who knows, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strategy vs Miami : The question 7 games from now is do I need a custom length driver and should it be the R11 or the new Diablo Octane?  Belly putter or regular?  Pro V 1 or Pro V1*. This apparent great play by the Cs against a junior high team missing 2 of its 3 best players means that they are going out on the road and beating a team that they could not beat without Shaq and were stomped on last time they played.  I am setting the over / under that the Cs score 76 ppg in 2 games..... in how many games will the Cs score 76 or fewer?  In the last 3 Heat / Bulls games the Cs did not score more than 80.  The scores go down and the defense gets amped up. 5 straight wins against the Knicks should certainly give them all the confidence in the world especially after winning about half of their last 25 games. The Heat charged into the playoffs winning only about 18 of their last 20 and are playing a better team than the Cs did in the first round especially after you remove Billups and Amare. Of course none of these facts matter, just trying to provide some background. Let's all sign up now for some prediction so that we can all find out what we think we really know..... Heat in 7..........  let's all sign up and see if anyone can be objective or simply homers.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]  

That's easy   Celtics in 6....       But here is a challenge Dud,,,,   If miami wins I wont write a negative thing about the Dud for 6 months..... If Boston wins   Dud doesn't write a negative word about Rondo for six months.....      What do you say Dud   you seem pretty confident about Miami's superiority....     or is it all just more BS       

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Put Rondo on Lebron again.
    This keeps him from driving the lane at 100 mph and killing everyone in sight with his power drives.

Jeff Green will be the key guy however. He got to guard Anthony in the first round and now will need to guard James in round 2.
    Pierce needs to save some of his fouls for the 4th quarter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think we should not deceive ourselves into believing that the four game sweep of the undermanned Knicks was such a great accomplishment. Truth is that Miami has been consistently playing at a higher level of ball than the Celtics. This is a more cohesive team than the one that we had beaten earlier in the season. If the Celts were playing Indiana, they could actually be trailing in that series. If the Celtics are to beat Miami, they should not rely much on outside shots and move the ball inside where they have the size advantage. Boston should control the pace of the game and not try to get into a running game with Miami. On defense, the team should be more physical and rugged. Doc should use the reserves to harrass and commit hard fouls particularly on Lebron and Wade. It will also help if extra effort will be exerted to grab rebounds and recover lose balls. Boston will definitely need its  A-game to beat Miami.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Dudder how did your prediction for the Celtics work last year? Weren't they playing poorly the last part of the season? If Miami is such a superior team why did they even lose one game to Philly? I do believe that it will be a great series and the key will be how well the Celtics can contain there fast break points and also how well we are able to score down low.