Stupid Trade Danny!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!

RPN-Flies in the face of everything Doc said post game 7. Hmmmm!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I'm more dissapointed in trading semeh erden and Harangody for a second round pick, that doesn't make sense to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celt101. Show Celt101's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!:
    [QUOTE]Makes no sense for the C's, we got considerably smaller just in time for the playoffs
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

How did they get smaller?  We've actually gained some size..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celt101. Show Celt101's posts

[QUOTE]I'm more dissapointed in trading semeh erden and Harangody for a second round pick, that doesn't make sense to me.
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

Sure it does.... opens up roster spots!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celt101. Show Celt101's posts

As for all the Dwight Howard talk, the C's mentality isnsn't to worry about an opposing teams' All Star - - let him get his points, the Celts will beat them at their game aa a team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

i would have rather traded Rondo in the offseason and paid Perkins.  This team would be better with Perkins at Center and an above average point guard like Kirk Hinrich. 

Perkins, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Hinrich

Krstic, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo

What team do you like better???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

The C's have already beat the Magic without Perkins. Why is everyone worrying about Howard. Did alot of you guys forget that the Perkins has only played 12 games this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]i would have rather traded Rondo in the offseason and paid Perkins.  This team would be better with Perkins at Center and an above average point guard like Kirk Hinrich.  Perkins, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Hinrich Krstic, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo What team do you like better???
    Posted by Wingman23[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. The C's will not go anywhere without Rondo. Put down the pipe dude, Rondo is the glue on this team. You would actually take Perk over Rondo........WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Answer: Krstic, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

not for a 7 game series

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

1) IF Shaq is healthy, he's been foul prone the last few games he played before the injury.

2) JON is out of the picture.

3) Krstic can't handle the centers in the Eastern Conference.

Basically, we just got real THIN on the front line. Am I missing something here??

We can't beat the Lakers with what we have now, much less make it to the ECF.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Maybe they are worried about the bad knee.  Big man with bad knee tends to not last too long after a major surgery.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Stupid Trade Danny!! : Your kidding me!!!! No championship this year because they got rid of Perkins!! HA HA HA HA HA HA. Your right, the celtics were such a bad team without perkins the entire year. O boy, how did they make it without him! HA HA HA HA. The fact is Perk has been in the league 8 years, hasn't improved in the past few years, plays inconsistantly, and gets in the way of people. He is not worth 30 million over 4 years, he has done nothing to ever show that he is worth more then 1 million a year. He is terribly overrated, and if you watch games he plays in, and see how he moves around the court, you would know he doesn't have a high basketball IQ. Good riddens!
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

rpn, the issue isn't regular season.  The issue is having a defensive/rebounding center who can play those tough playoff games.  That's what the C's may be missing.  We can do a lot of games without Perk, but if Shaq, Kristic, and JON are the only big men, we don't have the strength to battle Lakers bigs or some other bigs.   I bet there's more to come......like Sheed coming back or some other big being bought out.  Something else is happening here or Danny wouldn't trade Semih and Luke for a 2nd round pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Charliesam. Show Charliesam's posts

Dont like it AT ALL on the surface, esp. losing Perks 10 boards a night and Celts-like defense.  Cant afford to lose any rebounds on this team!  But, I DO trust Danny to make the right moves.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Trade Danny!! : You can't be serious. The C's will not go anywhere without Rondo. Put down the pipe dude, Rondo is the glue on this team. You would actually take Perk over Rondo........WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Answer: Krstic, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Rondo
    Posted by paesan59[/QUOTE]

Partially right.  There's no way you trade Rondo.  However, Rondo is NOT the glue - KG is the glue.  Don't fool yourself, KG is the single most important Celtic is many ways.   Nevertheless, I agree that the comment about trading Rondo instead is just crazy!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticCake. Show CelticCake's posts

In Nate we lost a fantastic cheerleader, someone who could score in bursts, played hard and hustled. In Perkins we lost our hopes for a Championship.
    Let us pray that Krstic and Green can live up to those we gave up.

Word.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Very surprised what has gone on today. A little stunned. With these trade looks like we are putting a team together to beat  the Bulls and SA. Hope it all works. Thanks Perk, Nate,Semi and Luke a least Perk and Nate got traded to a up coming team. That could all so favor OKC to up end the Fake show. The C's could very well sign him back next season, but don't think that would happen. I'll support the C's with this one today, but stunned right now.
    Always been a big fan of Jeff Green on both ends of the court. The Altantic Div. has had some big upgrades in the last few days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

I'm sorry I have very little faith in DA when it comes to roster moves. He is the one who brought in Nate twice! when some of us knew he didn't fit in with the team, guess who was right? Now if he let go Semi for Rasheed I will lose my mind!!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from occash. Show occash's posts

I hear Antoine Walker is playing in the minors and looking for an NBA job. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well I don't think this deal is that bad...

TAKE A LOOK:

We basically traded Perkins for Green , Kristic and Murphy

We could do worse right? I like it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

Tough losing Perk, but it looks like a good move.  Clearly there's another move coming too.  The trade with Cleveland wouldn't have happened if Ainge was done. 

It's a gamble at the center spot, but it's a move that could help this year.  Plus we get the Clippers 2012 1st rounder as well?  That 1st rounder plus Green could be major assets moving ahead in 2 years with Rondo leading the way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

With Perkins, I thought the Celts had a great chance for another title. Now Im not at ALL sure!! I dont know that Kyrstic is another Perkins! These new guys had BETTER get used to playing Celts defense!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Like every deal, this one has pros and cons, but I think you're wrong about saying its a "stupid trade Danny!!".  I would never have guessed it and thought there was no way they'd trade Perk, but Danny has guts.  In one day, he gave us a chance to win this year AND a chance to be relevant/good after the Big 3 contracts expire:

We unloaded Perk (wants lots of money and extension next year in conflict with BBD and clearly, BBD is more valuable to us)

Unloaded Nate (wasn't delivering anyway)

Got rid of Semih and Luke and picked up a second round draft choice which could be high second round the way Cleveland is headed.

Got rid of Marquis Daniels (Career likely over) and got cash

Picked up a first round pick (lottery protected) for 2012.

Picked up Jeff Green - very athletic SF who can help NOW.  

In all, he has a younger, more athletic team and left room to build with either draft picks or free agents in the coming 2 years AND left roster this year to add another player (someone off buyout like Rip or Murphy or bring in Sheed who would not hurt our long term salary structure).   

Not all bad, eventhough giving up Perk will definitely hurt our D and rebounding.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I don't like trades, but I trust the basketball minds in the Celtic's front office.

I will miss Perk and Nate, but I'm glad they're going to a good team.  I feel real bad about losing Semi whom I think has fantastic upside as well as Luke.

As for the guys we got, I'm in a wait and see mode.

But Perk, I can't get over that one.  I'm a big Perk fan and I believe his toughness and defense will be missed, and I also worry about the chemistry of the team, but they are pros and should be focused on winning the title, and if these moves gives us a better chance, then we will have to just suck it up and move on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]1) IF Shaq is healthy, he's been foul prone the last few games he played before the injury. 2) JON is out of the picture. 3) Krstic can't handle the centers in the Eastern Conference. Basically, we just got real THIN on the front line. Am I missing something here?? We can't beat the Lakers with what we have now, much less make it to the ECF.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Agree, don't think even Troy Murphy will help restore the grit and toughness that once separated the Celts from the rest of the NBA.

Why is it so hard for smart GM's like Theo (JD Drew, Renteria, etc) and Danny (Green, Murphy, etc) to stop crushing on players that don't make sense?

25. This post has been removed.