Sullinger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sullinger

As usual when we aren't winning at the rate we think we should be,  there are numerous threads about whos fault it is and trade, after trade, after trade.  I hope we can make a trade to improve our team as well. Its going to be hard to pull off,  getting a big man. 

The one person I hope we don't part with is Sullinger.  He is learning the ropes and believe me he is going to just get better and better.  Wait until he quits passing up that open shot that he is more than capable of hitting.  He is a banger.  He will mix it up with anyone.  Eventually he will quit getting those stupid rookie calls they are throwing at him.  Sometime you can tell by his expression he doesn't have a clue what they called on him.  He is going to be a big time player at some point.  Remember Billups? 

Huge mistake to include this dude unless it is just a no brainer.  I bet you 75% of the teams that drafted players in front of Sully are already wishing they had that to do over.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Sullinger

agreed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm very impressed with Sullinger and would not consider trading him given his upside and long term very team friendly contract.  Sullinger makes the most of the opportunities he gets.  Have you noticed how quickly he's figuring things out?  He's becoming a very solid contributor night in night out.  He's pointing without having any offensive schemes run for him - it's solely from opportunities he creates for himself.  I'm impressed with how active he is and his defense as well.  He's going to be a player.  Boozer was alot like this his rookie year.  I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he begins double doubling night in night out soon - 10 pts. 10 rebs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I agree with you about Sully!

NBA Rookie Stats:

PLAYER NAME, TEAM NAME GP MPG PTS FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT%

Jared Sullinger , BOS 16 18.5 5.7 2.4-4.7 .520 .1-.1 1.000 .8-.8 .923

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I agree...heck I want Sullinger to start over Bass right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I agree I was just thinking how good Sullinger is in comparison to the rest of his draft class.  But if we could get a player that gives us a shot at the title  this year I would trade him. We need another player of impact .  Jeff Green with a new mojo would go a long way to helping the problem with PP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree I was just thinking how good Sullinger is in comparison to the rest of his draft class.  But if we could get a player that gives us a shot at the title  this year I would trade him. We need another player of impact .  Jeff Green with a new mojo would go a long way to helping the problem with PP.

[/QUOTE]

Are you crazy? Trade Sullinger?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like him too.. he knows how to use his body down low on both ends of the court.. and brother, we sure in short supply of that here..  Doc seems to be bringing him along slowly, not wanting him to log 25 mins... I think the more he plays, the more valuable he'll become.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Please do not trade Sulinger!!

The real problem with this team is Rondo. He slows the game down too much and allows the oppsition to set up their defense quickly. Then when he has the ball with ten seconds left he practically never gets a score or an assist. Do the math. It takes him about 6-8 seconds to get down the court. So that gives the team only about 10 seconds to get a score. Plus with our crappy rebounding, that limits our shot attempts.

Doc needs to kick Rondo's butt or get rid of him.

Give us Gortat for rebounding and we will win it all. No matter what Doc says about rebounding, with the team we have, we will always be the worst rebounding team in the league. Check the stat sheets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

With Sully making progress, and hopefully green doing the same, we will be tough to beat in the second half of th season... Bass and Lee and Melo and picks,could get us the big we need..Varejo,Gasol,.Big Al, anyone???

The other Rook looks good also...keep develping him Doc.Man, we have some talent on this team...nice..

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I like Sully, but I think what you see is about as good as it will get. He is too slow, too short and does not have the athleticism required for the position.  Once teams learn how to play him, Sully's effeciveness will decline.  He already plays old, like PP, but is getting the job done because he has superb natural basketball IQ and court feel.  I predict that he will be a perennial decent bench player. 

Right now he is prime trade bait for maximum value.  In order to get a good big man we will need to give up percieved high quality players.  Nobody is going to trade a highly valued center for our junk.  Rondo and Sully can get us what we need and both are expendable.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sully should develop into a near all star. That said, to get a player like Varejao, for example, the Cs would be asked to give up a Sully or Bradley in addition to say Jeff Green. Put Verajao next to KG and keep Bradley (so yes, part with SullY) and this team will turn back into a defensive monster. Other than Verajao, agreed, tough to part with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As usual when we aren't winning at the rate we think we should be,  there are numerous threads about whos fault it is and trade, after trade, after trade.  I hope we can make a trade to improve our team as well. Its going to be hard to pull off,  getting a big man. 

The one person I hope we don't part with is Sullinger.  He is learning the ropes and believe me he is going to just get better and better.  Wait until he quits passing up that open shot that he is more than capable of hitting.  He is a banger.  He will mix it up with anyone.  Eventually he will quit getting those stupid rookie calls they are throwing at him.  Sometime you can tell by his expression he doesn't have a clue what they called on him.  He is going to be a big time player at some point.  Remember Billups? 

Huge mistake to include this dude unless it is just a no brainer.  I bet you 75% of the teams that drafted players in front of Sully are already wishing they had that to do over.

[/QUOTE]

+1 Concur.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I agree. Rondo for Milsap would be a bad trade...Billups, Anderson, Johnson, Rogers are irelevant to this discussion. Did you forget to take your ADHD meds again?  Kanter was the center piece of that proposed trade?  We need a center.   

and I would do Milsap for Sully in a second.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You said - "How could you not see the point in trading players before they even complete a full season with the Celtics.  You don't trade 1st round picks prematurely"

You do understand that Kanter was picked #3 in the draft, much higher first round pick than Sully??  The benefit of meds is that sometimes they make you see things more clearly, instead of mixing your logic and players.

And yes. I predict that Kanter not only will be a dominant center in the league in a few years, but he will be much better than Sully next year.

But lacking the arrogance that you project on this board, I state my opinion or prediction, not make blanket know it all statements. and by the way that tired immature hahahahaha laugh is a sure sign of crazyness and ADHD!!!!    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and I don't have time to continue to argue with such an immature compulsive know-it-all troll.

You would be a perfect Laker fan. 

Wishing you get a life outside of this board someday...not really. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.