Sully, Bradley, and Fab for Cousins?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Sully, Bradley, and Fab for Cousins?

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stupid trade.

[/QUOTE]

+1.   That's WAY too much young and promising talent to give up for Cousins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

it's halftime in idaho as i type. melo has 18 pts, 6 blks and 4 boards in 18 mins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about. 

Glen Davis' last season with the Celts was a success. The Magic wouldn't have given BBD 26m for 4 years if Davis was a problem child.

The reason why there was tension between Doc and BBD was because BBD wanted a bigger role with the Celts.

There were no incidents of the Celts having to suspend BBD because he was disrespecting Doc. 

BBD just wanted a bigger role and Doc refused. 

[/QUOTE]

fiarce, you are delusional.  if doc didn't despise davis then why was davis the only player that doc took and went to the press with his "issues" over the last three years of davis' time here- you know the time when he was a meaningful contributor?

it happened over and over again.  davis broke his thumb, sheed showed up with centerfold juggs and rondo showed up still shooting 50% FT's yet davis was the one who got thrown to the wolves.  right up through the end of his last year here, AFTER the patellar tendon injury, rivers was selling davis out to the press like he did to NOBODY ELSE in a green uniform. 

you do the math fiarce, it's kind of like your obsession with talking down people who disagree with you- it doesn't make any logical sense, but sho nuff, that's the way it happened.

anyway, whatchoo doing talking about davis?  i was talking an analogoy of immaturity in players between he and cousins and how it pertained to the prospect of doc taking on a head case with violent tendencies like cousins- MUCH WORSE ISSUES than davis and doc didn't really seem to want to deal with davis.

so go ahead and plot out what doc's action plan would be with cousins- get him a foot spa and some headphones to play some ubuntu chants through?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

"any time you want fiercie, you can pull your pants up, get over yourself, the other side awaits, you could even impersonate an adult and a reasonable thinking human being given enough discipline!!  or maybe that's the rub- all the fish oil caplets and ritalin in the world and you'd probably be the same a-wipe..."

Like I said, acie, your posts have so much anger in them. Now you know why I said it's like you're going to shoot someone.

Ever since Big Baby left, you've been acting like a crybaby, acie.

[/QUOTE]

dammit fierce, you're so deep.  like as deep as a bird bath.  i just can't hang with you.  i know you'll post forty seven more times to reply to my once, so i'll just have to admit- you're so good at typing messages to people that are hypocritical- there,  i did it.

you really just wrote that heat wrenching fear mongering DRECK???   you of the soap opera hate storm with kyceltic of last year and the welched on promises to go away??  you too funny man, too funny!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it's halftime in idaho as i type. melo has 18 pts, 6 blks and 4 boards in 18 mins.

[/QUOTE]

better get cousins in here fast, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, acie, your posts have so much anger in them. Now you know why I said it's like you're going to shoot someone.

Ever since Big Baby left, you've been acting like a crybaby, acie.

[/QUOTE]

so you really like our team the last 2 yrs?  new players have integrated well and all that?  we have all the right pieces to do what they say they "want to do" = 'win it all'??

you sound like a sensitivity trainer holed up in some college classroom building fierce.  yet you never spare the venom or the hypocrisy when it fits your needs.  "so much anger"....   was that "so much love" you had with your obsessive compulsive disorder with kyceltic or whatever the name of that guy is who you racked up 10,000 interpersonal insult / "gotcha" posts with last year???

now that i call you for what you are- a shallow little twirp with SERIOUS obsessive compulsive issues, i'm somehow suffering from "so much anger".  i'm suffering from so much anger i just laughed spittle onto my LCD screen and have to figure out how to wipe it off.  you're too much, too much.  like 10# of monkey crap in a 5# bag kind of too much

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

better get cousins in here fast, right?

crackin' yourself up tonight, huh acie? sorry, i don't even know what above means.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anybody remember what it took for the Pistons to acquire Sheed?  If I have to draw a parallel, Cousins is what Sheed was.  Well not exactly but close.  Sheed helped them win a championship.

Is Cousins as complete a player as Sheed?

Regarding Gortat and Cousins, both will be expensive.  Suns have no reason to trade Gortat and Cousins will be deemed more valuable.  I don't see why the Kings will trade Cousins for a deep discount.

[/QUOTE]

Not true.

The reason why all these Gortat rumors came out was because of Gortat's unhappiness with the Suns coach and his refusal to sign an extension with the Suns.

[/QUOTE]

The Suns have no reason to trade Gortat for cheap.  That was the point.  They may trade him.  But why will they trade him for cheap?

BTW, Gortat's unhappiness with Alvin Gentry was because Gentry wanted to use Scola more than him in the offense.  If you check the box scores lately, Gortat has been getting more opportunities than Scola.  Perhaps the Suns are keeping up his value perception.  In any case, I don't see why Gortat will get traded for cheap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isn't this interesting?  If Melo keeps this up, his trade value will go up.  Then the Celts can get a quality 5 by including him in a trade.  But then why shouldn't they keep him and bring him up this year.  He would be better than Ryan Hollins.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im SUPER hesitant to get rid of Sully, and also super hesitant to get rid of Avery Bradley. Bass, Lee, Melo and a first is as far as id go. If they say no then i move on. AB is pivotal to us winning a championship bc he can all but shut down Dwayne Wade (or JR Smith).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]

Isn't this interesting?  If Melo keeps this up, his trade value will go up.  Then the Celts can get a quality 5 by including him in a trade.  But then why shouldn't they keep him and bring him up this year.  He would be better than Ryan Hollins.

[/QUOTE]

that's my hope. melo finished 32, 9 and 9 tonight. i want him in green. i understand doc says they're not bringing him up any time soon, but if these large strides are remotely kept up, perception of him will change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not true.

The reason why all these Gortat rumors came out was because of Gortat's unhappiness with the Suns coach and his refusal to sign an extension with the Suns.

[/QUOTE]

The Suns have no reason to trade Gortat for cheap.  That was the point.  They may trade him.  But why will they trade him for cheap?

BTW, Gortat's unhappiness with Alvin Gentry was because Gentry wanted to use Scola more than him in the offense.  If you check the box scores lately, Gortat has been getting more opportunities than Scola.  Perhaps the Suns are keeping up his value perception.  In any case, I don't see why Gortat will get traded for cheap.

[/QUOTE]

Lee, Fab Melo, and draft picks are not cheap.

[/QUOTE]

Then we are arguing over nothing.  Right?  Because my point was that the Suns have no reason to trade Gortat for cheap.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics are looking at not only Cousins, but SG Tyreke Evens as well.  

Bass, Terry, Lee, Melo and a #1

[/QUOTE]

Terry?? i dont think dany will trade this guy.. we need terry in the playoffs

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stupid trade.

[/QUOTE]

your right!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

That doesn't make any sense,  giving to much for a  rebellious center.  Bass and # 1 pick, plus Lee. Other than that, no trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont see how we get gortat or cousins, without either sully or bradley being included as a centerpiece, plus some combo of lee.bass, melo or picks type deal.

Those guys are proven bigs on cheap deals. There is also going to be a lot of competition for their services.

I think we are so desperate for size and rebounding so we have to do it. Bradley and sully are good young players, but at the end of the days they are both undersized limited players.  Cousins is young, kind of pshycho (which i like) a hell of a rebounder and inside scorer. All things we need. Gortat is also a good rebounder,defender and a decent scorer, who will thrive  offensively with rondo in the pick and roll game. Id make the trade. I believe lee and terry is a good enough combination at the 2. Lee's defense is very good if he can start shooting the 3 closer to his career %s he will be as good of a scorer as ab was with a slight downgrade in defense.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

We've only seen the inception of Sullinger's career.  There's no where near enough "data" to make any type of educated guess on what his future will be.

For right now, he's exactly what this team needed...a guy who can outreboud 2 and 3 other players simulataneously. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

We've only seen the inception of Sullinger's career.  There's no where near enough "data" to make any type of educated guess on what his future will be.

For right now, he's exactly what this team needed...a guy who can outreboud 2 and 3 other players simulataneously. 

[/QUOTE]

And we shouldn't give up on talented high potential youth so early.  That's how players like Joe Johnson get away from us or players like Robert Parish come to us.  Having some patience with younger, high potential guys is important.   We all thought Bradley was a dud but Danny and Doc knew better.   Glad we didn't get rid of him like folks are talking about trading Sully.   We need to rebuild this team over time and keeping our talented young players is a way to do it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The deal I would do is

Wilcox, Melo, Lee and 2 #1s for Cousins & Evans

It gives them a young big man back and future picks. They will not want Sully and/or Bass because they already have TRob and JThompson. Lee replaces Evans but they can still use those 2 #1s to move up in the draft.

For the Celtics, It really puts us in the title mix if they can get away without giving up Green or AB. AB is too important to our defense and I don't think Doc would do it.

[/QUOTE]

I would do this one for the simple reason that Sully and AB are cornerstones for the future. The Celts are a very good team by adding Cousins and Evans to that mix.

25. This post has been removed.