Sully is Our Kevin Love

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Sully is Our Kevin Love

Old article ... but pretty impressive comparison. When/if BBass gets traded and when/if Sully gets the nod to be our starting 4, he's shown so far that he can make those mid-range jumpers. So maybe he will get to 20+ pts one day. I am positive he can match Love's rebounding numbers in the NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Old article ... but pretty impressive comparison. When/if BBass gets traded and when/if Sully gets the nod to be our starting 4, he's shown so far that he can make those mid-range jumpers. So maybe he will get to 20+ pts one day. I am positive he can match Love's rebounding numbers in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that this is an old article makes it so amazing, even as Sullinger fell in the draft in this article in April of 2012, the writer had laid out a case that he could put up Love like stats. He should be a gm. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

People do get carried away with the comparisons. Jackie McM almost, almost made the Sullinger = Barkley comparison yesterday on the air.

Its looking more and more that our team will remain as is. I think Danny & Doc really like our team and think we haven't yet reached out potential. I bet Danny involves only Bass, Lee, future draft picks, and a Wilcox/Collins in a trade to get a decent big. I don't see him touching Bradley, Rondo, or Sullinger unless the offering is ridiculous. Even Melo.

IF Melo really develops, a frontcourt of Melo & Sullinger could bring a bright future if they both turn into double-double machines, espcially if Sully's ppg gets closer to 20. Of course, that team would either need Rondo to take that final step to superstar OR Green & Bradley into stars. (I'm thinking for the 2014-15 season on a KG, PP, and JET -less team)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The fact that this is an old article makes it so amazing, even as Sullinger fell in the draft in this article in April of 2012, the writer had laid out a case that he could put up Love like stats. He should be a gm. 

[/QUOTE]

+1 good point

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

People do get carried away with the comparisons. Jackie McM almost, almost made the Sullinger = Barkley comparison yesterday on the air.

Its looking more and more that our team will remain as is. I think Danny & Doc really like our team and think we haven't yet reached out potential. I bet Danny involves only Bass, Lee, future draft picks, and a Wilcox/Collins in a trade to get a decent big. I don't see him touching Bradley, Rondo, or Sullinger unless the offering is ridiculous. Even Melo.

IF Melo really develops, a frontcourt of Melo & Sullinger could bring a bright future if they both turn into double-double machines, espcially if Sully's ppg gets closer to 20. Of course, that team would either need Rondo to take that final step to superstar OR Green & Bradley into stars. (I'm thinking for the 2014-15 season on a KG, PP, and JET -less team)

[/QUOTE]

I think you have it right. Can we get decent big man with Bass or Lee?  The only area I am less sure of is Melo. Who I would trade if what we get can elevate us for the next two seasons.  Melo is very far from being able to contribute in anyway on offense at this time.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think you have it right. Can we get decent big man with Bass or Lee?  The only area I am less sure of is Melo. Who I would trade if what we get can elevate us for the next two seasons.  Melo is very far from being able to contribute in anyway on offense at this time.  

[/QUOTE]

Its fun to speculate, but what Danny is really thinking about is a championship this year and a replacement for KG for next year or 2014. If we package Melo into a trade for Gortat, do people really believe that Gortat would be anything more than that little extra for a possible finals trip this year?

Ya'll can dispute, but I see Melo turning into a McGee-like player next year someone who plays w/ minutes, still is visibly RAW, but gaining interest from arond the league. After a full NBA season, I see the potential for Melo to take a big step in 2014. By big step, I mean dominate the block stat, get rebounds, consistently score a few ppg in the paint (like 10).

I may be in the clouds, but I really think that a frontcourt comprised of a wide-body, high IQ, smart rebounder, good scorer, large PF (Sullinger) and a tall 7+ footer with good feet, a knack for rim protection/blocks, length and agility could be a super combo.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Get Gortat and/or Dalembert now for rebounding, shot blocking and height. We can always trade them when and if Melo develops.

Do not trade Bradley, Sullivan or green.

That's all we need this year to challenge for a championship.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

old article -- hehehe that's funny