Suns @ Celtics Game No-35

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Suns @ Celtics Game No-35

I'll be convinced after the deadline either way.  KG is their championship window, he's the difference.  If they can get a big, whether that's from within or by filling an empty roster spot or trading Bass and a pick (I know, that's not going to get anything).  But the big that handles the paint when Bosh draws KG 12-14 feet out is the difference between championship and not.  Bradley  destroying Wade on defense will be the other difference maker.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Gortat is the perfect fit for the Celtics , but I don't think the Suns would take Bass & Lee or Bass and spare parts.....

BUT .......... I hope Ainge DOES NOT give up ANY of the young talent for Gortat , DO NOT TRADE AVERY BRADLEY, SULLINGER, OR FAB MELO

But what if Pierce were dangled for Gortat and Jared Dudley ???? With the understanding Piece would be flipped again at the deadline to a contender or bought out and allowed to go where he wants.......I could even see Pierce coming back after a buyout like Antoine and Gary Payton did

CAN YOU IMAGINE AVERY BRADLEY, RONDO, SULLINGER AND JARED DUDLEY ALL PLAYING DEFENSE TOGETHER ? THAT WOULD BE INTENSE !

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We just won four games in a row.

We have Melo and Wilcox coming and openings for two vets.

A trade would be stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk, I'm torn about it like most of us.  Melo made an important step just before that bizare concussion, but he's got to make a couple of more steps before he's ready to play.  It will happen.  I think Fab will be a force in the paint someday (at the very least on defense), and I'd love nothing more than to se him turn Cousins in to the infant that KG turned Carmelo into by blocking everything he brings with that Fab just being Fab style of his.  But he's not going to be playoff speed ready this year (hope I'm magically wrong).

Here's where I totally agree with you.  The best move the Celts made last year was no move at all. It came together and they had a punchers chance by the end, and almost made it.  I see the same thing happening with this team after tonight, except this team is better than last years.  All hands were on deck tonight, and when Rondo got that T from the bench AB was right behind him staring that knuckle head down from Pheonix.  

The things that have to happen to a team throughout the course of a season in order to make them feel that it's up to them and nobody else began tonight.  KG had to pick the scab over these last couple of games to get everyone going, but they're all bleeding green now.

I'm torn though, and if they got a stop gap for less because Melo won't be ready this year, it might make the difference in May and June.

[/QUOTE]

How many games in a row will we have to win before you are convinced?

[/QUOTE]

You do know the Lakers won 5 in a row this year as well?   This streak means nothing in the overall big picture.  It just means were playing good is all. We still need a big man that gets boards and plays defense. The only thing is we have to get that guy without giving up the farm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[/QUOTE]

You do know the Lakers won 5 in a row this year as well?   This streak means nothing in the overall big picture.  It just means were playing good is all. We still need a big man that gets boards and plays defense. The only thing is we have to get that guy without giving up the farm.

[/QUOTE]

Very true.