Re: Tainted Championship
posted at 7/22/2010 6:24 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers. Let's face it no matter how you look at it the Lakers were stinking it up out there and the Celtics were in control of the game and then like magic the foul calls all and I mean ALL started to go the Lakers way. 21 foul shots in the quarter? If the refs call it even the Celtics would have had a minimum of 12 more foul shots themselves. If you give the C's 12 more foul shots then who wins the game? Nope the refs stole one from Boston. And they stole one from the LA fans who are going to have to live with the knowledge that the only way LA wins is through a rip off."...Most of us don't buy into the conspiracy theory either. But that doesn't mean that the 4th quarter wasn't a gift to the Lakers..."
Posted by gtown07
Maybe so...stranger things have happened, I guess...
But, this is what I believe is at heart of all this conspiracy talk...
1. Doc ain't coming back,
2. Sheed ain't coming back, and
3. Pierce and/or Ray Allen ain't coming back, either.
4. Thibodeau is going to turn the Bulls into a defensive monster with younger legs (god forbid he doesn't get his hands on Bron and Bosh)
That's ballgame, boys! The chances of the Celtics getting back to the finals next year are nil. Zip. Finito.
Ainge is forced to rebuild. His hands are tied. That's why all you knuckleheads are playing Jr. GM, now.
2010 was your swan song before the dismantling of the Big 3. They blew it. They ran out of gas before they could finish the job. They gave it everything they had but as Pat Riley says, "No rebounds, no rings."
Come June 2011
, while you guys will still be crying about how the Celtics got robbed, the Lakers will play for the three-peat and the following will have occurred...
1. There were no formal investigation into any "conspiracy"
2. There was nothing done by the league office to rescind the Lakers 16th world title.
3. They was no downturn in fan viewership of the 2011 playoffs, and...
4. I'll be back on this blog to ram the Laker's 17th world title down your throats and laugh my a** off all over, again.
Now, we get to watch you throw Bradley, Harangody, Brad Miller??? and Danny Ainge under the bus as your boys try to squeek out a 41-41 season. :) :) :)
Thanks, gentlemen, for making this Laker victory the sweetest and most fun since Magic's baby sky hook.