Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

As I said Martini, it's not intelligence, it's fanaticism. 

And honestly, this whole "no intelligent basketball conversation on this site" thing is way off.  There are a lot of intelligent posters here.

These blanket statements just don't work. 

"Lakers fans all do this..."
    "Celtics fans are all...."

They're all people.  They all back their team.  There are just as many conspiracy nuts wearing purple and gold as there are wearing green.  Just because you like the Lakers more (as do I), doesn't give you insight to an entire fanbase. 

You could literally swap the word "lakers (or fakers)" for the word "celtics" and find the same posts on lakersground.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benamn. Show Benamn's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : The first minute was awesome, then I got bored.  I have a life!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

right, you have a life.......posting here at 1 in the morning.....LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : "Why didn't I think. . . " Those are the key words here, Caspor.  You didn't tink!  We don't have to use da werd "conspiracy" cuz dat werds only used by fulks who wanna use conspiracy as a slur or as a connattation fer crazies wehn in fact da NBA is too smart to engage inda C werd, dey don't have to conspire ta fix games, dere is no conspiracy so get dat wered outta yer head. But da facts remain da same, refs throw games.  Explain dat away, but don't use da werd conspiracy like it pains us all crazy cuz it ain't about no conspiracy, u cna have fixin wit out a conspiracy. Da Game 7 wuz fixed and its obvious to anybody who saw it.  Did U see it er youse jus talkin out yer potty mouth?
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Hahahaha.  Wait, I gotta re-read this. 

So, you have the refs, all taking orders from David Stern...in order to fix games.  But you don't want to use the word "conspiracy" because it makes you guys look crazy.

Hehehehehe.  Nice. 

Now I'm curious.  If a secret arrangement, between two or more parties, to do something wrong/illegal/unlwaful, isn't a conspiracy...what is?

David Stern tells the refs to not call the game straight up.  It's a conspiracy. 

Don't take it out on us for using the word in its correct context. How is it that conspiracy theorists don't know what a conspiracy is? 

That's like me saying "I won't hire women, but don't use the term 'sexist' to make me seem prejudiced."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

casportsfan:  I'm feeling your pain.  Post after post pointing to a statistic as proof of a conspiracy (yes, multiple people arranging a wrongful act is a conspiracy). 

Jumping from point A to point C, and neglecting point B, which is the connection. 

LA shot more free throws.
    LA won.
    ergo -
    The refs made LA win by calling nonexsistent fouls and sending LA to the line more than Boston.

wait...huh? 

However, i don't think it's stupidity, I think it's blindness.  We had the exact same thing happen with our fanbase in 2008 and it was absurd then.  People thinking that Stern wanted Boston to win cause it was 'good for the game'.

It's fanaticism unfettered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MartiniLover666. Show MartiniLover666's posts

I was just sent a picture of this shirt that is being sold on the streets of boston.  LakerNation has taken over trashachusettes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Yeah I watched the game.  What I saw was Ray Allen terrible in the 4th, Celtics giving up tons of offensive rebounds in the 4th and providing the Lakers with second shot opportunities, and a whole lot of Celtics shooting jump shots. Newsflash buddy:  When you get pounded on the board it dramatically increases the other teams opportuniites for a foul call.  Instead of ONE opportunity, they now have 2 or 3 opportunities to get fouled on the same possession. Do you have any proof of this supposed conspiracty, i.e., a link of some kind or some insider info, or are you just repeating the same BS that everyone else has, i.e the FACT that the Lakers outshot the Celts from the free throw line in the 4th. If so, I can name any random number of other facts and claim that as the reason that the NBA fixed the series in favor of the Celtics, but the Lakers just overcame the odds.
    Posted by Casportsfan

". . . you repeat the same tired B.S over, and over, and over again, "Lakers shot 21 FT's in the 4th and C's shot 6."

B cuz dat da truth, whattsa matta, U can't handle da truth?

Axcutually dere was a conspiracy, and dat wuz a conspiracy to creat da ting know as a conspiracy, wich wuz creatted by Robot Kenneddy, AG,  ta go afta da Mob, eber herd o dem?  Dose guyz who involved in gambling, murder, numbers, sports fixin?

Conspiracy is a legal construct sos da feds can convict someone fer just talking about committing a crime an not actually comitting one.

Conspiracy got no place in dis converstation as such beann exposed as mere semmantics.  Dat means, jus werds.

Axcutgally da title da Celtics got stolen frum dem is TAINTED and TAINTED in a big way by da refs who fixed da game.

Jus follow da money.  What was da spread?  What wuz da over/under?

Ifin ya gots mor compelllling evidence let it B shown up, not jus heresay or circumsubstancial evidence, buts real substanciabul evidence dat da refs did knot fix da game.  Sumting dat can stan up to scrutininy knot like da carpolla you been repeating ad in finitum and den sum.

Youse guyz hangin on ta da conspiricy construct cuz it's all ya got while we got Da Game Itself ta refer to.

Da perponderance o evidence pointz to a fixed game and dus a TAINTED TITLE FER DA La franchize.

Taint too much er hard ta see it fer it sure is tainted a pretty pink an youse La La trolls sure look pretty in pink.  Kinda like da pinko hunter o da 50's looking fer conspirators to blackball.  Any youse name o McCarthy?

Ya ain't blackballin anyone here, taint-mysters.  Youse got da stink o taint all over yas.

Da numbas dont lie -- da preponderance o evidence tells da truth.  Da fix wuz in.

Git over it and git what's left o yer life back B 4 da stink o da taint haunts ya even in yer la la lame dreams.

Taint over till its over, taint it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I have never mentioned a conspriracy and Scalabrini would be fined as well if he went after the refs....Come on man admit it...the Lakers were playing worse than the Celtics until the refs took over an made a bunch of one sided calls which resulted in 24 foul shots for LA in the 4th quarter....come on admit it the refs gave the Lakers the game.
    Posted by gtown07

Another poster made a point that Joey Crawford called only 2 fouls against the Lakers the entire game. If true, kinda of amazing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : No, actually I included Scalabrini as well.  He didn't have any problem with the officiating . . . . I didn't realize the conspiracy included Van Gundy, Jackson, and Scalabrini, but thanks for clarifying.  Now it makes total sense:  Anyone who does not bring up the conspiracy or does not have a problem with the officiating is part OF the conspiracy.  Why didn't I think of that earlier.
    Posted by Casportsfan

I have never mentioned a conspriracy and Scalabrini would be fined as well if he went after the refs....Come on man admit it...the Lakers were playing worse than the Celtics until the refs took over an made a bunch of one sided calls which resulted in 24 foul shots for LA in the 4th quarter....come on admit it the refs gave the Lakers the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Hahahaha.  Wait, I gotta re-read this.  So, you have the refs, all taking orders from David Stern...in order to fix games.  But you don't want to use the word "conspiracy" because it makes you guys look crazy. Hehehehehe.  Nice.  Now I'm curious.  If a secret arrangement, between two or more parties, to do something wrong/illegal/unlwaful, isn't a conspiracy...what is? David Stern tells the refs to not call the game straight up.  It's a conspiracy.  Don't take it out on us for using the word in its correct context. How is it that conspiracy theorists don't know what a conspiracy is?  That's like me saying "I won't hire women, but don't use the term 'sexist' to make me seem prejudiced."
    Posted by jofc

Talk about making a fool of yourself. Heres jofc condescending to people about the definition of "conspiracy". To illustrate his point (in his mind anyway) he authors the following:

"David Stern tells the refs to not call the game straight up.  It's a conspiracy. "

OBviously jofc doesnt even understand the definition of conspiracy, which is an agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.  David Stern telling someone to do something is not a conspiracy.

Once again, the fan commissioner (jofc) shows he doesnt know what hes talking about. The one who needs to comment about posters and categorize them as good/bad based upon their agreeing with him.

Now watch him attack me again for pointing out his ignorance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You're confused.  I can see that.  I'll break it down in simpler terms for you. David Stern told the refs how to call the game. THEY AGREED to call the game that way. NOW it's a conspiracy.  It's amusing that your argument somehow involves the refs not agreeing.  heheh, like they said "no!", but then accidentally fixed the game anyway. 
    Posted by jofc

Once again you try and place yourself as superior, simplifying it for me?

Nah, you didnt simplify it, you CORRECTED it because you were wrong once again and didnt have the integrity or honor to admit it without trying to drag someone else down. 

Fact is youre here again pontificating to others their misunderstanding of the word "conspiracy", then go on to give an example that is completely incorrect.

Further, your obssession with posters feeling the refs were not fair, in which you plead for them to just drop it and move, is about as hypocritical as you can get... Why?  Cause here you are responding to those posters constantly, religiously pleading and explaining why they should see things your way. Apparently, the advice you've been giving others to "let it go" doesnt apply to yourself.

Theres no issue with differing opinions... but your attitutude is so condescending and intolerable ...as you disguise it beneath the veil of "even-minded and reasonable"... your words to describe yourself. Sad

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

To all complaining about the officiating.  If you are really unhappy with the officiating in the NBA, you really need to send an e-mail to the NBA.  
    Posted by susan250

Already done. It is important to get it discussed in the blogosphere as well. Maybe just maybe some legitimate writers will take a closer look.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

To all complaining about the officiating.  If you are really unhappy with the officiating in the NBA, you really need to send an e-mail to the NBA.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

gtown07,

If more NBA fans actually took the time to do this, maybe something would be done about the officiating in the NBA.  It has been getting worse every year for the past several years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Talk about making a fool of yourself. Heres jofc condescending to people about the definition of "conspiracy". To illustrate his point (in his mind anyway) he authors the following: "David Stern tells the refs to not call the game straight up.  It's a conspiracy. " OBviously jofc doesnt even understand the definition of conspiracy, which is an agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.  David Stern telling someone to do something is not a conspiracy. Once again, the fan commissioner (jofc) shows he doesnt know what hes talking about. The one who needs to comment about posters and categorize them as good/bad based upon their agreeing with him. Now watch him attack me again for pointing out his ignorance.
    Posted by Karllost

You're confused.  I can see that.  I'll break it down in simpler terms for you.

David Stern told the refs how to call the game.
    THEY AGREED to call the game that way.
    NOW it's a conspiracy. 

It's amusing that your argument somehow involves the refs not agreeing.  heheh, like they said "no!", but then accidentally fixed the game anyway. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Look, I don't think the NBA is going to care.  This is pretty much the norm now.

Team A loses.
    Team A's fans complain about officiating.

The NBA isn't going to suddenly revamp their officiating because a bunch of Celtics fans are complaining about calls.  It's become such an old and stale standpoint.  And from the way people have been complaining here, it has 0 merit.

Everyone's just been pointing to Free Throw attempts, as if Boston was incapable of fouling. 

You'd have to break the game down, find a pattern of calls that ALL favored LA, and bring that forward...not just "well, LA shot more free throws so there was a fix". 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

To all of you who think the NBA doesn't care if the fans are upset. You are wrong. They do care but we can't just walk away from a travesty like the fourth quarter of game 7 and expect they are going to pick up on the depth of disappointment the fans have. That is why it is legitimate to talk about this and to keep talking about this. I wish that LA fans would start owning up to the mess as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

I know as sports fans the breaks are not supposed to be taken into account when a team loses. I know we should have won despite the horrendous advantage given to LA in the 4th quarter by the refs.  I know that bad reffing is just part of the game but really folks this takes the cake.  The lakers took 21 foul shots in the 4th quarter to 6 for the Celtics. They took 20 more for the game. What had been called fairly evenly for the entire game became totally one sided in the 4th.

Gasol blocked Garnett...nope clearly a foul on Gasol. Gasol gets rebound over Rondo...when the announcers said Gasol might of gotten away with one there...they were right it was a huge uncalled foul. Garnett fouls Kobe....nope a real block. Pierce hacked by Kobe...nope he just lost the ball...even Kobe started to put his hand up on that one....Artest fouled by Pierce...should have been offensive or better yet no call as Artest had dipped his shoulder into Pierce just like all the no calls made the whole game when Kobe and Pierce did it. Gasol went up and down...nope not called.

20 more foul shots....21 foul shots in the 4th quarter..what does it mean....

It means the refs stole this from the Celtics and the lakers won a tainted championship.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Tainted Championship -- Going fer 300

I just read this tanks to a link provided by one K-lost.

Damn C-theorisists springging up all over da place.  Whats a joy fook da do Caspor?

Does this sound insane? Not really. Again, this is a "conspiracy" theory that many NBA fans believe to be real. I think it will eventually be the NBA's version of a steroid scandal - if it ever comes out. Which, unfortunately, seems unlikely. There would have to be a leaked memo, or several refs all confessing with each other, for this to be proven. Additionally, there's another factor that makes it very hard for any of this to come out (and the real point of the post): Emperor Stern's iron fist.

You see, Supreme Leader Stern is a dictator in every sense of the word. He calls the shots, doles out the punishments, and provides no transparency whatsoever. If you're a coach and you call out the refs for calling a game questionably, Stern fines you, and you have to worry about the refs targeting you the next time out. If you're a player, same thing...question the refs, Stern fines you, and you become a target. The media have effectively self-censored themselves on this topic.

Read all:

http://www.nospoonblog.com/2010/06/dictators-transparency-and-nba-or-how.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

What's really too bad too is that this was GAME 7 !!! If it were another game, with the comments from fans, coaches etc. of the discrepancy in fouls & non-call fouls on Lakers, looking at the films might have convinced the Blind Mice refs & if Lens Crafters didn't help, then maybe a lie detector might have settled it. I think, it would slow down the game, but similar to tennis matches, the coach could have a number of fouls to dispute by having the refs look at the instant replay & then could over call a call &, if wrong, the coach still saves his opportunity for another -like instant replay in football.

If I were a Laker fan AND A TRUE BASKETBALL FAN, I'd have trouble sleeping at night with this championship.

The Lakers shot 32%, 25 out of 37 foul shots or 68% and of the 20 more than the Celtics they got 10 pts or 50%.  Their star shot 6-24 or 25% & got 2 assists-what was he doing ?

The Celtics shot 40%. Got 20 fewer foul shots with most given in the critical 4th qtr. but shot 15 out of 17 or 88%. Just 7 more foul shots & we'd have had 5 more pts.  A few times Gasol travelled & went in to score but calls not made & he and Artest were on the backs of our men frequently with no calls made.

I play USTA tennis matches-senior over 65-and sometimes we have refs. One time a ref called my opponent's shot out which was to my favor & I said "no the shot was good".  I had a conscience & no I didn't expect a Laker to say "Ref, no he really didn't foul me". So, I reiterate, have an Instant replay system, especially in a playoff game & so what it slows the game down !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MartiniLover666. Show MartiniLover666's posts

I just hope this thread remains at the top for a long time and visitors to this blog can see how stupid some of these posters are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: Tainted Championship -- Going fer 300

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship -- Going fer 300:
    I just read this tanks to a link provided by one K-lost. Damn C-theorisists springging up all over da place.  Whats a joy fook da do Caspor? Does this sound insane? Not really. Again, this is a "conspiracy" theory that many NBA fans believe to be real . I think it will eventually be the NBA's version of a steroid scandal - if it ever comes out. Which, unfortunately, seems unlikely. There would have to be a leaked memo, or several refs all confessing with each other, for this to be proven. Additionally, there's another factor that makes it very hard for any of this to come out (and the real point of the post): Emperor Stern's iron fist. You see, Supreme Leader Stern is a dictator in every sense of the word. He calls the shots, doles out the punishments, and provides no transparency whatsoever. If you're a coach and you call out the refs for calling a game questionably, Stern fines you, and you have to worry about the refs targeting you the next time out. If you're a player, same thing...question the refs, Stern fines you, and you become a target. The media have effectively self-censored themselves on this topic. Read all: http://www.nospoonblog.com/2010/06/dictators-transparency-and-nba-or-how.html
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Hey - you should start practicing witchcraft.

First - If you're going to go against Stern, you'd better have some kind of magic on your side as well. 

Second - There are TONS of books out there on how to cast spells.  Since you're prone to believing things, simply because someone else wrote them, then it sounds like witchcraft is right down your alley. 

When the conspiracy is finally brought to light, it will be noble heroes, such as yourself and the Boston Celtics, that will deserve the credit.  Fight the good fight man! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Once again you try and place yourself as superior, simplifying it for me? Nah, you didnt simplify it, you CORRECTED it because you were wrong once again and didnt have the integrity or honor to admit it without trying to drag someone else down.  Fact is youre here again pontificating to others their misunderstanding of the word "conspiracy", then go on to give an example that is completely incorrect. Further, your obssession with posters feeling the refs were not fair, in which you plead for them to just drop it and move, is about as hypocritical as you can get... Why?  Cause here you are responding to those posters constantly, religiously pleading and explaining why they should see things your way. Apparently, the advice you've been giving others to "let it go" doesnt apply to yourself. Theres no issue with differing opinions... but your attitutude is so condescending and intolerable ...as you disguise it beneath the veil of "even-minded and reasonable"... your words to describe yourself. Sad
    Posted by Karllost

If i rearrange all the letters in your post i get a recipe for apple pie. 

just thought i'd share that with you. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Hmmm...maybe they're one and the same, depending on how much ground beef is used. 

Also: Is that 'Say Anything'? 

I can almost hear the Peter Gabriel. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Unhappiest $100.00 I ever won !!!

Lakers won game 6 by 20+ pts so game 7 in Vegas was Lakers -7 or -7 1/2. I really thought it was going to be 9-10 after Perkins was unable to play. But I still put up $110.00( for people who don't bet you pay 10% & can bet either way) to win $100.00. Of course, if you win, you get your whole $110.00 back too.

With the tremendous discrepancy in foul shots, it allowed the Lakers who shot only 32 % (Boston 40%) and the Guy who walks on water only 6-24 (25%), to squeak by with a 4 pt victory. This was with 37-17 or 20 more fouls. We shot 15-17 or 88% & they 20% under us 25-37 or 68%. But their 10 pt more in fouls came from 20 shots or a 50%. I mean 1 out of 2 for pro players. Shameful !!!

Now, in addition to me, other posts have pointed out that the Refs determined the victors of game #7. But a couple of Laker rebuttals inferred that KG & Ray Allen played so horribly that they threw the game.  Gosh, if they did & bet on the Lakers, they'd have lost the bet as the margin was only 4 pts.  Even the Refs, some who probably bet on the game via friends etc. had hoped the Lakers had shot more than 50% with he extra 20. They are probably sorry they didn't give the lakers another 8 foul shots so at 50% they'd have another 4 pts & beat the spread.

Yup, this is tongue & cheek. I feel humor is the best medicine when I've experienced a nightmarish situation like the 4th Qtr of Game 7. But like Donovan of the USA World cup team said today if they lost, "we Americans live with it and get on with it".

So, fellow Celtic fans, as McArthur said in the Philipines, "we'll be back". What goes around, comes around you Laker fans so enjoy your tainted championship !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : If i rearrange all the letters in your post i get a recipe for apple pie.  just thought i'd share that with you. 
    Posted by jofc

I thought it was the secret formula for the Crabby Patty.