Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

Tainted Championship. Tainted free agency. Tainted officiating. Tainted politicians. Tainted environment. Tainted economy. I sincerely hope we don't become the United Taints of America. We still live in an outstanding country, we just need to raise our level of honesty and respect for each other. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
            Tainted Championship. Tainted free agency. Tainted officiating. Tainted politicians. Tainted environment. Tainted economy. I sincerely hope we don't become the United Taints of America. We still live in an outstanding country, we just need to raise our level of honesty and respect for each other. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan

You left out "Tainted Fans".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

This pretendship was more Tainted than that piece of flesh that sits between a womans bootyhole and her Ussy they call that the taint! lol! Lmfao! we were robbed raped done in setup by none other than the crooked jew himself david stern.Joey Crawford was defeinately involved in this conspiracy he was chosen to call a horrible game in orlando game 5 i'll never forget that one how about chosen to call  game 1 against the Gaykers when he did ray allen in to keep him from scoring worst of all what about game 7 when he should have recieved the mvp!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff22751. Show jeff22751's posts

Why should this end. If Laker trolls want to show us how right we are that this is a tainted championship by coming on here in protest why should we not keep this going. Fans from all over the country agree that it was horrible refereeing in the fourth quarter of the game that won it for the Lakers. My good friend from Cleveland who hates the Celtics and now also hates his favorite player Lebron even said it was the single worst refereed game he had ever seen. And he hates the Celtics.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Gaykers fans are the hellen kellers of all fans deaf!dumb,and Blind!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You won't find much honesty or respect for each other in this thread. Look elsewhere. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

DA GRATE ASININE HAS JUS SPOKEN.

Spoken like a true pompous, asinine, no-nuttin, condensending jerk-up.

Lissen ta dis dude, posters, he gots it all figured out & den sum.

He's lik an old maid, a biddy ol scold, scolding udder posters like hes da one whos got a direct line to da truth.

U no-nuttin skunk, scatter bak ta yer stink hole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You left out "Tainted Fans".
    Posted by yoshinny

Finally you admit it. The fans were tainted too. The Celtic hater from Cleveland was deprived of seeing the conclusion to what could have been a classic game 7 when the refs blew it. The fans got the taint too. I'm glad to see you have finally got the message that the taint is on the LA fans as well as the title.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship :           I don't want anybody to become confused. I, Cavaliersfan, am not the Celtic hater from Cleveland. The Celtics are the team I root for after the Cavaliers. Some of the above posters must be talking about somebody else.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

Those of us who got half a brain got yer back, CavsFan, we no's whos who and who's knot who, and wese knows youse.

BTW, youse post # 426 on da way ta ad infinitum.  Put dat ina yer pipe an smoke it.  Dat may take sum o da Taint outta da sting of losing dat Phoney baloney King-O-Nutting, er shuld we say gettin rid o da king-o-nuttin, won nuttin.

Fer yer complaint, call Stern & Taint: Laywers at Large:  Specializing in Da Big Fix.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

Why should this end. If Laker trolls want to show us how right we are that this is a tainted championship by coming on here in protest why should we not keep this going. Fans from all over the country agree that it was horrible refereeing in the fourth quarter of the game that won it for the Lakers. My good friend from Cleveland who hates the Celtics and now also hates his favorite player Lebron even said it was the single worst refereed game he had ever seen. And he hates the Celtics.
    Posted by jeff22751

Then why should any of us bother to argue the matter?

Obviously the decision should be left to your good friend from Cleveland.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Finally you admit it. The fans were tainted too. The Celtic hater from Cleveland was deprived of seeing the conclusion to what could have been a classic game 7 when the refs blew it. The fans got the taint too. I'm glad to see you have finally got the message that the taint is on the LA fans as well as the title.
    Posted by greenkillme
              I don't want anybody to become confused. I, Cavaliersfan, am not the Celtic hater from Cleveland. The Celtics are the team I root for after the Cavaliers. Some of the above posters must be talking about somebody else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

I cain't read any o da Faker Troll posts here cuz i got em all on IGNORE.

My tread jus say "Posts from (name yer troll) are hidden."

But I mus say we really appreciate da way youse trolls hep us along past post #428 on da Tainted Championship tread, on da way ta ad infinitum.

Jus keep on heppin us keep dis tread alive till sumone win a title dat ain't tainted.

Fer yer complaint, see

Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  Specializing in Da Big Fixx.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Finally you admit it. The fans were tainted too. The Celtic hater from Cleveland was deprived of seeing the conclusion to what could have been a classic game 7 when the refs blew it. The fans got the taint too. I'm glad to see you have finally got the message that the taint is on the LA fans as well as the title.
    Posted by greenkillme

You're so right. Everybody admits it.

Everybody, that is, except the Celtics themselves, who adamantly maintain they were beaten fair and square.

But shucks, you know more than they do. They're just basketball players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : What Celtic said they were beaten fair and square?
    Posted by greenkillme

As long as deys makin tings oop let 'em post till dere harts contented.  What's in a name like yoshinny anywho, its about da weakest, leastist clever name I eber herd on dis bored.  I gots em on Ignore fer a long time now.

Jus a nudder numba on da way to ad infinitum fer da Tainted Championship tread.  Whatzit, 430, sumting now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

- I cain't read any o da Faker Troll posts here cuz i got em all on IGNORE. My tread jus say "Posts from (name yer troll) are hidden." But I mus say we really appreciate da way youse trolls hep us along past post #428 on da Tainted Championship tread, on da way ta ad infinitum. Jus keep on heppin us keep dis tread alive till sumone win a title dat ain't tainted. Fer yer complaint, see Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  Specializing in Da Big Fixx.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

I second that. Do you think we can keep you skinny posting for another couple of weeks. I think he might be one of those guys (or girls) who need to get the last word...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You're so right. Everybody admits it. Everybody, that is, except the Celtics themselves, who adamantly maintain they were beaten fair and square. But shucks, you know more than they do. They're just basketball players.
    Posted by yoshinny

What Celtic said they were beaten fair and square?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Never said fair and square. They can't say the refs were to blame or they get fined. And yes if they had shot 60% they would have won. Or yes if they had gotten every rebound they would have won...that's how Rivers thinks but the fact of the matter is they did outplay the Lakers and if the game had been called fairly in the fourth quarter they would have and should have won. This was a gift to the Lakers. Why can't you just admit that they got the 21 foul shots and that at leat half of them were unjustified. And that the Celtics should have gotten to the line for 10-12 shots more that weren't called. Different refs different result. Is that what you want to call fair and square.
    Posted by greenkillme

They did say they were outhustled. They did say their offense went south. They did say the Lakers were stronger on the boards (you're surely not going to deny that).

So, according to you, they kept their mouths shut about the officiating only because they're afraid of getting fined? Scalabrine was asked directly about the refs and he denied -- he explicitly denied -- that the refs cost the Celtics the game. He didn't sound like a scared rat when he said it. He was robust and open about it. But I guess you know better.

Why don't you stop pretending the Celtics "outplayed" the Lakers when the Lakers out-scored them in every quarter but the first, out-rebounded the hell out of them,  and, in fact, went ahead of Boston before most of the fourth-quarter fouls had been called.

So what you're saying is IF the Celtics had rebounded more effectively and IF they had shot 60%, they would've won the game. Gee, what insight!

The trouble is, they didn't shoot 60% and they didn't rebound well at all.

But maybe you're on to something. I'll use your powerful intellectual approach on other series in basketball history. If the Lakers had shot better and rebounded better and not been called for so many fouls, they woulda beat Boston in all those final series in the 1960s. My God! I've seen the light!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : What Celtic said they were beaten fair and square?
    Posted by greenkillme

Scalabrine (you can listen to his audio interview). Garnett. Even Doc Rivers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm sick of Laker fans saying all we do is cry & complain. In no way did they do so after we won 1n 2008 and I say We won IN GAME 6 AND BY 39 POINTS !!!  ANY QUESTIONS ??? You guys win in Game 7 by 4 pts with a disparity in fouls of 37-17 and we are sore losers !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Scalabrine (you can listen to his audio interview). Garnett. Even Doc Rivers.
    Posted by yoshinny

Never said fair and square. They can't say the refs were to blame or they get fined. And yes if they had shot 60% they would have won. Or yes if they had gotten every rebound they would have won...that's how Rivers thinks but the fact of the matter is they did outplay the Lakers and if the game had been called fairly in the fourth quarter they would have and should have won. This was a gift to the Lakers. Why can't you just admit that they got the 21 foul shots and that at leat half of them were unjustified. And that the Celtics should have gotten to the line for 10-12 shots more that weren't called. Different refs different result. Is that what you want to call fair and square.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The following is NOT MY POST but from a Bird & Cowens and heads a separate discussion post entitled "True Story of the Finals". Just in case Bird & Cowens does not post it here, I think all Celtic fans would like to read this. By the way, I live in Cal too (New England for 21 years) but SF area & Warrior & Giants fans hate the LA teams, Lakers & Dodgers too(rivalry like Sox-Yanks) and most of of the Cal fans but not season Celtic fans but rooting for us in the Playoffs said they had never seen in any basketball game the Refs blatantly not calling fouls on the Lakers and awarding them phantom foul calls. It was egregious !
    Personally, I don't know if continuing to read about the injustice of that 4th qtr like a  catharsis makes me feel better or continues to aggravate my stomach. I don't think the league would say they would study the films in depth & then meet with the Refs & say "yup maybe you guys were wrong on many occasions" because there ain't anything that can be done now about this tainted championship and if the Laker fans really think they had a better team, then they truly are not basketball fans. In my opinion, they had 2 super stars better than any of ours, Kobe & Gasol, but our entire squad operated better as a team, I thought.

PS---sorry this Laker fan has to live in what he called "Cloudy Sunday". Most of the gray days in LA are due to SMOG.  We, on the other hand, have more bright sunny days but the sun is blocked by our natural airconditioner, THE FOG !!!

Again, the following post from a laker fan for your edification:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I attended the birthday party of a high school friend.  He's lived out here (CA) for over 20 years.  I played golf with him last year, and went to his house for the party.   The FIRST person he introduced me to said, "You're from back East, too?  Are you as big a Celtics fan as  (let's call him) Pete?"  When I told him bigger, and "Pete" agreed, my new friend said, "How did you like that "but" kicking we put on you guys?"  Thinking he was serious (I've done this before) I said, "FOUR points?"
    He then smiled and went off on this little story, paraphrasing here:

"I've been a lakers fan for a long time.  I was AT Games 2,6 and 7.  But I am done with the NBA, that is the last game I will ever go to."
    "Why?"  says I.
    "There is NO way we should have won that game.  The referees have way to much control in the NBA, when the game got close, they kept putting us on the line, I think it's rigged."
    I told him my "home team usually wins" theory, but he didn't budge.
    Then I told him I had several friends on here who said they never had any doubt, and were never worried that the lakers would win.
    His response, "Well, those people were not at Game 7.  We were on pins and needles the entire game, and if the Celtics had increased their lead ONCE from 13 to 15, that game was over.  When the game was over, we were all shocked.  And it wasn't a 'hey we just won' kind of cheer, it was more a 'OMG, I can't believe we didn't lose' kind of cheer."

I don't buy the conspiracy nonsense, but this is from a lakers fan.  And I had just met him.  And NO, it was too early in the day for him to be drunk.  Makes me really want DA to re-tool, so we can have at them again next June.  The better team won, but there is really no reason to gloat or be obnoxious about it.  This guy is a true lakers fan, and we got along great, because he also knows the game.   Just thought I would share that with you on this cloudy Sunday here in So. Cal!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

There is another Tainted Championship at stake. Now that Lebron James, player/dance instructor has gone to the Miami Heat, their players are the unanimous favorites to be the best dancers in the NBA. As dancers rate, James is too good. I don't know if this is fair to all the other teams and players around the league.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

I'm sick of Laker fans saying all we do is cry & complain. In no way did they do so after we won 1n 2008 and I say We won IN GAME 6 AND BY 39 POINTS !!!  ANY QUESTIONS ??? You guys win in Game 7 by 4 pts with a disparity in fouls of 37-17 and we are sore losers !!!
    Posted by mandobello

I'm not calling all Celtics fans sore losers. I'm not calling all Celtics fans whiners and crybabies. There are too many honorable and knowledgeable fans on this site -- not to mention the many other Celtics blogs -- for me to say that.

Unfortunately, just as there are many Lakers fans who are sore winners, just as there are many Laker fans who are smug *ssholes, there are plenty of Celtics fans who are every bit as bad and unsportsmanlike.

They don't simply dub this a "Tainted Championship" -- which is insulting enough -- they fuss over Kobe's criminal record, badmouth the personalities of the Laker players, scoff at Jerry Buss, denounce the Laker fans, and smear their unwiped behinds on L.A. itself. They rant against the league itself. Their anal rage runs from voicing a simple distaste for the incompetence of the referees all the way up to "uncovering" a conspiracy among Stern and the officials to deprive Boston of the championship.

They are quick to give the wildest, the most preosterous reasons for such a conspiracy -- Stern hates the natural grit and decency of the Celtics, he wants Kobe to get as many (or more) rings as Michael Jordan, he needs the Lakers to win because L.A.'s a media giant and the NBA can use the exposure, etc.

If you think I'm exaggerating, just read the comments that have been posted on this site. If that's too much of an effort, just read the titles of some of the threads. Now imagine yourself a visiting troll whose principal crime is that he's as devoted to his team as you are to yours.

It's a little foolish to claim that I'm too blind a fan of my own team to see "the truth" -- a truth that your own team has persistently denied. (I know: Garrett and Rondo and Scalabrine and Pierce are too terrified of being fined to speak their minds.) And I know it must be a source of annoyance to have an obnoxious gadfly like me, among others, point out the simple, hurting, fact to you -- the Celtics lost. They lost. There was no conspiracy. There was no pre-disposition to penalize Boston over L.A. It is an illusion to maintain that as many as twelve foul calls were unjustified. It is equally an illusion to maintain that if the game had been changed by calling fouls differently, only the Celtics would have gotten the benefit of it or played better.

Once again: This is no "tainted" championship. Boston had a spectacular run and played its heart out. Stop degrading that effort with sour grapes -- for sour grapes is precisely what all this crabbing is about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yoshinny. Show yoshinny's posts

Do you know why rasheed gets quick technichal fouls called on him?  because he's said to the press after NBA games that were clearly steered one way or another by the refs, that what they saw wan't a basketball game, what they saw was a damn show that's no more real than a WWF wrestling match, that's what you just saw, no more questions.  The fun part is that in 20 years, we'll all be vindicated by reading books about how corrupt it all is, just like Canseco was called crazy when he said steriods were rampant in MLB, and he was labeled a crazy person - a loon - a disgraced player with a grudge trying to take MLB down with him, oh - that's right, 20 years later turns out just about everything he said was 100% correct.  Is their problem fixed, no - but at least their awareness puts them on the road to recovery, what we have in the NBA is still a systematic cover up, players and coaches fined for any criticism of officiating, and Refs who are clearly in bed with the NBA Offices, chummy chummy relationships that everyone gets rich with, do you really think they care about the game or the fans, when there's 100's of millions of dollars on the table?  I'd really like to see an upstart league compete with the NBA, if you watch any other form of basketball, High School, College, International, anything else but NBA, you never ever see games clearly turned one way or another like in the NBA, foul calls for just standing there, mystery 3 second calls when a team is starting to go on a run, you name it - if you don't see it, you're probably not a real fan of basketball in the first place.  You're just a fan whatever superstar is given special treatment and allowed to walk all over the rules, so they can appear to be much better than they really are, so the league can make millions marketing their brand.  Heard of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, or Dwight Howard?
    Posted by jeezem

Heard of Bill Russell, Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, or Paul Pierce?

Why watch basketball at all if it's so corrupt? Are you saying the 17 Boston championships are just as venal and unworthy as all the others?

When you start pointing fingers, be prepared to point a few in your own direction.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Do you know why rasheed gets quick technichal fouls called on him?  because he's said to the press after NBA games that were clearly steered one way or another by the refs, that what they saw wan't a basketball game, what they saw was a damn show that's no more real than a WWF wrestling match, that's what you just saw, no more questions.  The fun part is that in 20 years, we'll all be vindicated by reading books about how corrupt it all is, just like Canseco was called crazy when he said steriods were rampant in MLB, and he was labeled a crazy person - a loon - a disgraced player with a grudge trying to take MLB down with him, oh - that's right, 20 years later turns out just about everything he said was 100% correct.  Is their problem fixed, no - but at least their awareness puts them on the road to recovery, what we have in the NBA is still a systematic cover up, players and coaches fined for any criticism of officiating, and Refs who are clearly in bed with the NBA Offices, chummy chummy relationships that everyone gets rich with, do you really think they care about the game or the fans, when there's 100's of millions of dollars on the table?  I'd really like to see an upstart league compete with the NBA, if you watch any other form of basketball, High School, College, International, anything else but NBA, you never ever see games clearly turned one way or another like in the NBA, foul calls for just standing there, mystery 3 second calls when a team is starting to go on a run, you name it - if you don't see it, you're probably not a real fan of basketball in the first place.  You're just a fan whatever superstar is given special treatment and allowed to walk all over the rules, so they can appear to be much better than they really are, so the league can make millions marketing their brand.  Heard of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, or Dwight Howard?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

past  age 60 Whining is acceptable

under age 60  IF u r a Celtic fan
     u no fakirs cheated

plain as the stink in la la la land

this thread should carry on
    til the next legit championship

IF thats possible