Tainted Championship

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Tainted Championship

In Response to Re: Tainted Championship:
    [QUOTE]Easy there hedley, your talking to Mr. 600 here lol j/k
    Posted by VinniePapaGiorgio[/QUOTE]

VinniePapa(Mr. 600)Giorgio has earned his place in the mythology of the "Taint Thread" and thus has earned one free pass, I believe, for his accomplishment.

Besides, he's a gentleman and a scholar compared to some of the pond sucm we had visit from Laker land.

Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

C'mon let's keep this going...

Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wasn't talking about interviews immediately after the game. Time in between when the hurt of losing was still there, but time for perspective. Recent interviews of Rondo with Team USA and Perk in his working with physicial therapy are two examples. No mention of poor officiating. I think it is a fan thing (fan comes from fanatic) and not a player thing. As I wrote, I've seen worse officiating and better. As Doc said, "the guys ran out of gas." Best explanation that I have seen.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying, the cumulative response from interviews over time.  Still, I would not put too much credence on what players say, especially the fact that they did not critique the refs.  The players are in the NBA fraternity and they know well who lays the golden egg and they would be foolish to jeopardize their income, so they go along to get along.

Enough people, nationwide, non-celtic fans even, saw the game and formed the same opinion as we did for many of the same reasons and they are not afraid, embarrassed, or ashamed to say it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Wasn't talking about interviews immediately after the game. Time in between when the hurt of losing was still there, but time for perspective. Recent interviews of Rondo with Team USA and Perk in his working with physicial therapy are two examples. No mention of poor officiating. I think it is a fan thing (fan comes from fanatic) and not a player thing. As I wrote, I've seen worse officiating and better. As Doc said, "the guys ran out of gas." Best explanation that I have seen.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

You do know that the players and coaches get seriously fined for talking about the officiating, and it can severely damage their careers in the NBA?  Could cost them Millions of dollars?  You do know that the league said there were no issues with the officials - and then Donahe or whatever his name was, got busted and sent to prison for corruption.  But the League assured everyone there were no issues .. nothing here to see .. move along, just make sure to hit the gift shop on your way out the door.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You do know that the players and coaches get seriously fined for talking about the officiating, and it can severely damage their careers in the NBA?  Could cost them Millions of dollars?  You do know that the league said there were no issues with the officials - and then Donahe or whatever his name was, got busted and sent to prison for corruption.  But the League assured everyone there were no issues .. nothing here to see .. move along, just make sure to hit the gift shop on your way out the door.
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Jeezem b-jeezem, everytings grate in la la land where da BP oil has jus disappeared alla da sudden, Golden Slacks didn take no taxpayer money and pay out ga-zillions in bonus money to da guyz who got us ina dis mess o a reccession ta begin wit, and da NBA is on da up & up.

An I's gots sum swamp land down in Florida to sell ya along wit a certian bridge in Londdon.

627 & counting.  Wese goin alla da wayz ta 700 an den on ta ad infinitum!!!

Stern & Taint:  Lawyers at Large:  Ifin it ain't got Taint, it jus Aint.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : We have a right to discuss the problems with the league, the NBA in general, the refs, and the fact that we believe the series was fixed and the Celtics cheated on our Celtics forum.   Why trolls from other teams come here to our forum to tell us to man up, call us sore losers and crybaby's, etc. etc, is indicative of how effective and probably true this Tainted Championship thread is. We understand some peope do not agree, and we accept that, but if you don't agree and you don't like the thread all you have to do is not read it, don't visit the thread any more, and don't post to the thread. This advice has been repeated many times, lately.  In fact you could start a thread of you own where you can discuss how legitimate the title is: no one is stopping you and no one from here will come to your thread and call you delusional and other names. We believe that this LA title is a Tainted Championship, the the Celtics were cheated, that the NBA is broken, and we are entitled to our opinion.  Feel free to disagree, but, please, stop whining about the thread.  Just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Very simple, because if you feel that you have the constitutional rights to post garbage on a public forum, we also have the consitutional rights to bash your garbage.

Why don't we keep quiet about this type of garbage? we feel blasting your posts is the more appropriate action. Of course, you don't have to agree, but as long as this is a public forum....

Remember, we are entitled to our opinions. Feel free to disagree, just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]"We believe that this LA title is a Tainted Championship, the the Celtics were cheated, that the NBA is broken, and we are entitled to our opinion.  Feel free to disagree, but, please, stop whining about the thread.  Just ignore it and don't bother with it if it bothers you." As a Laker fan, I'm not bothered in the least. I think this thread is funny and says more about Celtics fans being sore losers than anything else. I'm sure there are lots (if not most) of Lakers fans who hope this thread makes it past 1000 because of how it's making you all look. If it reaches those numbers, it will start to get the attention of a lot people who aren't basketball fans. I want this thread to break records for most postings! Keep 'em coming!
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

As a Laker fan, I like the way the Lakers won the championship more than anything else. The Celtics fans felt they got jobbed? Good.  Who wants to beat the Celtics fair and square? The more they felt they got jobbed, the better I enjoy the championship, knowing that:

1) their whinings wouldn't make the fans in general (not the 3-4 crybabies here) forget about the Lakers' success in the back2back championship quest, and probably a 2nd 3-peat in a decade;
    2) their whinings wouldn't cause the fans to remember this as a ref job a few months/years down the road, a la 2002;
    3) their whinings wouldn't cause the NBA to start a reform; who are we kidding here?

So, more whinings, the better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I was eating popcorn out of a 49 cents box and when I opened up the prize a cheap plastic 2010 NBA championship ring was inside.  Hey Rondowski, I'll send you a whole case of the stuff, I bought it on sale.  It hardly put a dent in my wallet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Of course the real unbalanced foul shooting occurred in the 4th quarter of game 7. Do you have any idea how many of the winning teams shot 21 foul shots in the fourth quarter of the championship game?
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]
    Do you have any idea how many teams win Game 7 of the Finals on the road? The last one was 32 years ago. Have you ever seen it in your lifetime?

Well, do you have any idea how many of the losing teams rely on four 30-somethng tired legs and resort to fouling? That's the problem when you lose a step: you rely on jump shots and you aren't able to keep up on defense.

Last but not least, you have to declare to the NBA world that "we aren't motivated for the regular season", thus relinquishing the Home Court Advantage in a possible game 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]      I was eating popcorn out of a 49 cents box and when I opened up the prize a cheap plastic 2010 NBA championship ring was inside.  Hey Rondowski, I'll send you a whole case of the stuff, I bought it on sale.  It hardly put a dent in my wallet.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Yer a lot like me, CF, wese knows cheap when we sees it.  Who waz dat said it bes, waz zat Gump, cheap is cheap butt cheaper is cheaper?  Betta axe sumbody frum LA, dey wood no.

Ya cain't git much cheaper den dat.

What's dis 632 and counting?  Going all da way ta ad infinitum and den sum!

If sticks & stones won't break yer bones, we'll git Stern & Taint after youse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Let's be clear here. I started this thread and I never used the word conspiracy or rigging. So when you say "you guys" you are not being accurate. I think it was incompetence and if an honest discussion of the 4th quarter was actually held and not suppressed by Stern then maybe the league would be more likely to take steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. As I said, not only were the Celtics team and fans robbed, the Lakers and it's fans were robbed too by being denied a legitimate or controversy free title based on the quality of the play of their team. If this game was called evenly (competently) then the result in all likelihood would have been different. And all NBA fans were robbed as well. As I tried to articulate in my first post...there is a culture in fandom and sport which promotes the idea that a bad call to end an game or a few bad calls in a game are just the "breaks" and not worthy of more than a passing discussion. I am arguing that what we saw in game 7 rises above that to a level of incompetence so that the whole body of work we call the NBA "game" has been injured. Maybe it doesn't ever have to happen again. Maybe it doesn't matter what is written here but, then again, in the blogosphere there is already much being written and I suspect that in the coming years this game and the incompetent refereeing will be mentioned again and again. If there is a conspiracy, which I doubt, then it should be exposed. But what is worse a conspiracy or systematic incompetence in the NBA? Isn't the NBA really about the fans? And aren't we entitled to compentence, especially in a game so important to us as the 7th game of the Championship series? Isn't Stern's suppression of any discussion of the incompetence of the refs bad for the game in certain instances? Like this one. This whole thread is wrapped around the idea that the fans deserve better than they got. The Lakers deserved better and certainly the Celtics deserved better. If we can't get it then maybe we should rethink the level of interest and importance we should willing to append to the sport. The WWF is still popular and maybe the NBA can remain popular in the same vein. For me a person who has loved the sport since childhood, and as a person who has always been part of the culture of not giving a bad call anything more than a passing reference to it being the "breaks", I think we have a responsibility to our sport to discuss this. I'm sorry if someone else doesn't but they are entitled to their opinion and don't have to read or participate in the discussion. As for their attempts to suppress it or their need to discuss whether it is appropriate to complain about the level of incompetence which generated the whole thing to begin with, maybe they should start a new thread to talk about that. A good reputation is the only thing we really have to lose and once lost is very very difficult to regain.
    Posted by gtown07[/QUOTE]
    You must be kidding here. The championship is as legitimate as you can get. If it's illegitimate, it will be vacated a la NCAA's decisions to stripe some schools of their NCAA titles or final berth (e.g. Villanova in the 1973 NCAA final, or some of USC's football championships in the past decade), or Ben Johnson's Olympic gold medal in 1988. Illegitimate results will have the governing body's acted on them. Has the NBA stripped the Lakers of the 2010 title yet? Of course you want to see that but that's only a wet dream...

Lakers fans suffer? You of course wish that Lakers fans supporting your nonsense of "Celtics were robbed, the championship is a shame and we are robbed of a legitimate claim to the championship, NBA needs reform". Keep dreaming.

Go ahead and feel robbed.  As I said, the more raged you are with the loss, the better we feel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You must be kidding here. The championship is as legitimate as you can get. If it's illegitimate, it will be vacated a la NCAA's decisions to stripe some schools of their NCAA titles or final berth (e.g. Villanova in the 1973 NCAA final, or some of USC's football championships in the past decade), or Ben Johnson's Olympic gold medal in 1988. Illegitimate results will have the governing body's acted on them. Has the NBA stripped the Lakers of the 2010 title yet? Of course you want to see that but that's only a wet dream... Lakers fans suffer? You of course wish that Lakers fans supporting your nonsense of "Celtics were robbed, the championship is a shame and we are robbed of a legitimate claim to the championship, NBA needs reform". Keep dreaming. Go ahead and feel robbed.  As I said, the more raged you are with the loss, the better we feel.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers[/QUOTE]

-

The only whining I hear on this thread is coming out of LA.

Whine -- why don't you Boston thugs stop picking on us (boo hoo), we won fair and square (didn't we?  Boo hoo hoo).

Mommy, Mommy, they said we cheated and we didn't, (stomps foot, we really didn't -- sob, sob). He says we're Tainted too (boo hoo hoo).

Mommy, Mommy, make them stop, pleeeease.

Stern & Taint:  We work for Vintage Whiners.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This post was started by this person(s) and 570 or so posts later with much rehashing of statistics, egregious phantom fouls, non call fouls, disparity in fouls, I found the text explanation of the results of Game 7 just as insightful and, perhaps more so, in this current post many weeks later. I am not one who ever said there was a conspiracy, fix etc. Face it, if the refs bet on the game, they still did not allow the Lakers to beat the 7 1/2 pt Vegas spread. I commented a few times that it was the unhappiest $100.00 I ever won. In no way do I compare this to the tragedy of 9/11. The outcome was not life & death. As a child I would lose sleep for days when the Celtics or Red Sox lost. And as a senior, I've realized it's only a game & there are many more important things in life but I did toss & turn for a few nights very unhappy. But as we say re: 9/11, Let's not ever forget !!! The game was, unquestionably, decided by, if not crooked refs, incompetent ones and in an important game 7 yet and some acknowledgement from the league regarding this might ease the wounds of some Celtic fans and put this issue at least a bit to rest. I agree with the post that not only did the Celtics get cheated but the Laker fans & all NBA fans did too. How can the Lakers be proud of a team that shot 32%(we shot 40%), their guy who walks on water shot 6-24 (25%) and they shot 25-37(68%) foul shots & we 15-17(88%) and with their extra 10 points they needed 20 fouls shots or 50% to do it-pretty pathetic for a championship team-seems our defense was pretty good too at the foul line ![/QUOTE]
    Very simple, because the Lakers got a ton more possesions than the Celtics did.

Celtics: 71 FGA, 17 FTA (from 8 possessions), 14 TO
    Lakers: 83 FGA, 37 FTA (from 17 possessions), 11 TO

Out of the Celtics 17 FTA, 1 came from Garnett's 3-pt play, so the rest came from 8 possessions. Out of the Lakers 37 FTA, 2 came from 3-pt plays (Gasol and Artest), and 1 came from Allen fouling Kobe on a 3-pt attempt (thus 3 FTs), so it came from 17 possessions.

So the Lakers had 111 possessions, and the Celtics had 93 possessions.

Why the Lakers got about 18 more possessions? the result of 13 more individual rebounds (I don't have the team rebound numbers).

So if you feel that the team shooting better (40% vs 32%) was robbed, we can easily justify this by pointing you to the rebounding discrepancy. You expect a sissy team that outrebounded by 13 winning the game? Keep dreaming...

No rebounds, no rings.

[QUOTE]  When your team loses in 6( not 7 by 4 pts with above difference in stats) by 39 points, that is total domination. If we had lost game 7 similar to the Lakers dominating game 6, I think we'd have felt "YUP, they're the better team".  Anyway, read gtown07's post again, it is an accurate explanation of why the true basketball world got cheated...Amen !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Total domination is by winning often, not by winning only once, albeit by 39 points. Heck, instead of winning by 39 points, why not save some of those points for a game 7 two years later? Say, in MJ's two 3-peats, what are the scores of the six title clinching games?

In other words, the 39-point win was a fluke. The Lakers would rather clinch the title by a couple points but do it often.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - The only whining I hear on this thread is coming out of LA. Whine -- why don't you Boston thugs stop picking on us (boo hoo), we won fair and square (didn't we?  Boo hoo hoo). Mommy, Mommy, they said we cheated and we didn't, (stomps foot, we really didn't -- sob, sob). He says we're Tainted too (boo hoo hoo). Mommy, Mommy, make them stop, pleeeease. Stern & Taint:  We work for Vintage Whiners.
    The only I hear in this thread is your and your cohort's constant whining on how the Celtics were robbed, how tainted the championship was, the smoking gun, and trash like that.

You must be smoking alright...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Word to the wise here - if you want this thread to get to 1000 FAST, keep responding to the Glass one.  His posts make little to no sense, and he just cuts and pastes what others say and contradicts it.  He only posts on weekends, thank God, but he is one of the trolls they missed when they cleaned house here.  He should be gone, and he will be soon.  Maybe he can join the plastic surgeon and the martini drinker in their lawsuit......:)
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]
    Yes, BirdisCoward. Knowing that you are still smarting from last year's argument when I said Phil /> Red and West > Red, we should get to 1000 very soon. Keep it up. I can easily contribute to 670 by myself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : Word to the wise here - if you want this thread to get to 1000 FAST, keep responding to the Glass one.  His posts make little to no sense, and he just cuts and pastes what others say and contradicts it.  He only posts on weekends, thank God, but he is one of the trolls they missed when they cleaned house here.  He should be gone, and he will be soon.  Maybe he can join the plastic surgeon and the martini drinker in their lawsuit......:)

-

You broke your pledge -- but I forgive you.

This cow says:  "The only I hear in this thread is your and your cohort's . . . "

Now maybe Rondowski could mangle the Kings English worser on purpose but he would have to be drunk, and he's too young to drink.

What the Cow and others fail to recognize is how much fun we're having here and how much fun it is to see the shoe on the other foot and to see the agony this thread causes the trolls who once tried to swamp our board with their pond scum rhetoric. 

Ah, revenge is sweet.  Sweeter yet when served cool.

Stern & Taint:  We sell Vintage Whine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]GlasgowISSUES responds right on cue - way to go puppet.

-

There's no cow like a glass cow.

This Glass Cow walks into a bar in La and asks for a glass of tainted milk.  The barkeep says "We don't serve tainted milk in this bar.  We don't serve milk, period."

The Glass Cow says, "Then I'lll have that new, trendy drink made with bitters and vintage wine: what're they calling it, The Tainted Championship?"

Stern & Taint:  If you ain't whining yet, we can fix that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : You must be kidding here. The championship is as legitimate as you can get. If it's illegitimate, it will be vacated a la NCAA's decisions to stripe some schools of their NCAA titles or final berth (e.g. Villanova in the 1973 NCAA final, or some of USC's football championships in the past decade), or Ben Johnson's Olympic gold medal in 1988. Illegitimate results will have the governing body's acted on them. Has the NBA stripped the Lakers of the 2010 title yet? Of course you want to see that but that's only a wet dream... Lakers fans suffer? You of course wish that Lakers fans supporting your nonsense of "Celtics were robbed, the championship is a shame and we are robbed of a legitimate claim to the championship, NBA needs reform". Keep dreaming. Go ahead and feel robbed.  As I said, the more raged you are with the loss, the better we feel.
    Posted by GlasgowRangers[/QUOTE]

And the more you respond will insults and nonsense the more we know you actually agree and know the refs blew it. What makes you respond like you do is the fact that the Celtics weren't the only ones robbed by the refs incompetence. The Lakers and their fans were too. If I was a Laker fan I'd use the same arguments that you do to defend the title but like you I would also know that the Lakers were lucky the refs were so incompetent. The Lakers weren't doing on their own. The Celtics made shots and the Lakers were given foul shots. They have a championship for the books but the fans and I mean all real NBA fans know they didn't deserve it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Kobe should have been kicked out in the First quarter for thowing a punch, since he wansn't everyone knew what was coming in the 4th quarter.  If that was my team that had won that way, I'd feel a little ashamed of myself too, but I wouldn't be trolling LA Team forums.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wuzzup. Show wuzzup's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : And the more you respond will insults and nonsense the more we know you actually agree and know the refs blew it. What makes you respond like you do is the fact that the Celtics weren't the only ones robbed by the refs incompetence. The Lakers and their fans were too. If I was a Laker fan I'd use the same arguments that you do to defend the title but like you I would also know that the Lakers were lucky the refs were so incompetent. The Lakers weren't doing on their own. The Celtics made shots and the Lakers were given foul shots. They have a championship for the books but the fans and I mean all real NBA fans know they didn't deserve it.
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Blaming the officials and Stern is classical PTSD, posttraumatic stress disorder...

Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is an emotional illness that usually develops as a result of a terribly frightening, life-threatening, or otherwise highly unsafe experience. PTSD sufferers re-experience the traumatic event or events in some way, tend to avoid places, people, or other things that remind them of the event (avoidance), and are exquisitely sensitive to normal life experiences (hyperarousal).  Patients are encouraged to discuss their problems and fears in an open fashion to help overcome feelings of helplessness...

Hmmmmmm...is it just me or does this sound familiar? Smile

Please seek professional help, soon, because Kobe and the boys will be serving more humble pie in June, 2011.   Deal with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

If I have to watch Kobe and the Lakers play Lebron and the Heat, in the next finals, I am going to watch old reruns of I Love Lucy, instead.  GO CELTICS! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : - You broke your pledge -- but I forgive you. This cow says:   "The only I hear in this thread is your and your cohort's . . . " Now maybe Rondowski could mangle the Kings English worser on purpose but he would have to be drunk, and he's too young to drink. What the Cow and others fail to recognize is how much fun we're having here and how much fun it is to see the shoe on the other foot and to see the agony this thread causes the trolls who once tried to swamp our board with their pond scum rhetoric.  Ah, revenge is sweet.  Sweeter yet when served cool. Stern & Taint:  We sell Vintage Whine.

Yes, go ahead and tell us that you have fun. Afterall, that's the only thing you can get when your team choked on a 3-2 series lead and a 13-point 2nd half lead. If I were you, I would not be embarrassing myself with these sad whining and excuses...

Just because you SAID you had fun, are you really that naive to think that we'll stop responding to your nonsense? Tell you what, I have more fun rubbing it in...

Go ahead, tell me more about your fun of crying in your beer, of whining how the Celtics were robbed.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : I don't see tiredness in the shots the Celtics were making. I do see tiredness in the poor Laker shooting.[/QUOTE]
    Tired teams don't outrebound their opponents. Lakers outrebounded the Celtics by 10-9 (individual rebounds) in the 4th quarter, plus three team rebounds that would have gone their way but ended up as team rebounds (1) Wallace fouled Pau when Gasol had position and hands on the ball (10:11) (2) Nate missed his layup but slapped the ball out of Odom's hands OOB (7:45) (3) KG blocked Pau's shot and Artest was about to pick up the loose ball, but PP snatched it from Artest while sitting OOB (6:54).

As you see, all these offensive team rebounds due to missing of the 1st FT are ignored. I also give you some slack by discarding the Lakers' offensive team rebound due to KG blocking Ron Artest's layup in his semi-breakaway and the ball ended up OOB. So given that, the rebounding tally was still 13-9, Lakers.

Tired team?

The rebounding discrepancy and the fouls are evidence of the Celtics being tired, not the Lakers. What's your evidence? Lakers' missing shots? that's because of their shot selections (taking too many outside shots), not because of fatigue.

[QUOTE]
     The Celtics were making plays and shots and the Lakers were only making foul shots. [/QUOTE]
    Hate to wake you up, but fouling != making plays. Maybe in your dictionary, but not we NBA fans know about...

[QUOTE]
    The Lakers looked tired and I'm not alone in this analysis. [/QUOTE]
    Save your analysis for lunch. What authority do you have that people have to accept your analysis? from a biased, whiney Celtic fan?

[QUOTE]
    The argument that the Celtics were tired and so fouled more doesn't stand up to scrutiny on the fouls that they were called for. [/QUOTE]
    Sure do. They were tired. Repeated denial won't save your argument, since you KNOW full well that using FG% as evidence of fatigue doesn't hold water.

[QUOTE]
    Two fouls called were clean blocks. Another foul called on BB was not a foul at all.
    [/QUOTE]
    According to whom? These are the fouls committed by the Celtics that led to 21 Lakers FTs in the 4th quarter:

--------------------------------

11:40 Davis fouled Gasol, hit his right arm when Gasol scored the FG. (1 FT)

8:46 Ray Allen fouled Kobe in his 3-point attempt; the whistle was blown as soon as Kobe was raising his arms, even before he elevated; this is totally Allen’s stupidity for using  his arm to hit Kobe’s arm. Given Kobe’s struggling in shooting, this is entirely Allen’s stupidity in given Kobe 3 FTs. (3)

7:29 Pierce blocking foul on Artest when he made his FG, Pierce’s right foot was moving when he made contact. (1)

6:49 Wallace hit Gasol’s arm from behind when Gasol was going to get an offensive rebound. (2)

5:56 Kobe went for a defensive rebound, with position and hands on the ball, and yet David crashed into him, sending him lying on the floor. (2)

4:38 Gasol at the low post trying to shoot and KG ran into him. That’s the tired defender not keeping up with Gasol’s footwork. (2)

3:21 Kobe going to the hole for a dunk and PP’s right hand got to Kobe’s right arm. Why would Kobe able to do that? because the Celtics’ post defenders were nowhere to be seen. (2)

2:47 Gasol underneath the hoop and got KG whacking his left arm in a pump fake. (2)

2:20 PP blocked Gasol at mid-court; pure idiocy on PP's part, given that your team was on penalty and it was Gasol dribbling, AT MID-COURT!!! If what he meant was to stop the clock and put a struggling foul shooter on the line, then you have no right to complain. (2)

0:25 Kobe went to the hole after Gasol’s offensive rebound, Wallace blocking foul. (2)

0:11 Intentional foul on Vujacic. And please, tell us that the ref blew this one and it was a terrible call. Go ahead. (2)

---------------------------------

So you see, the calls are good calls and well deserved.

Heck, if you can use your opinions as FACTS to argue, so can I. Thus it's my FACTS vs yours. NBA is on my side, any relevant authority on yours? Besides, you can always try this tactic:

"you must be blind; how can you say that these are good calls"

My response: "you must be blind. How can you say that these are bad calls".

If nothing else, we can go back and forth on this "you must be blind" argumnet forever. Still, the NBA recognizes the Lakers championship, not your fabricated facts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]Boston won't make another final in the next 6-7 years, at best.  
    Posted by wuzzup[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that these Celtics whiners actually think their team will be a real contender, not admitting that it was really a fluke for their team to make the finals. Teams that have to win 3 or more series against higher seeds (and thus without HCA) have the odds stacked against them. Since the big-time NBA era, there have only been 3 such teams:

- 1981 Rockets (3 series win w/o HCA, albeit one was just a mini-series)
    - 1995 Rockets (4 series win w/o HCA)
    - 1999 Knicks (3 series win w/o HCA)

That's 3 out of 62 finalists, or 1 out of 31 champs.

So, the Celtics tanked on the regular season and took a chance to turn it up only in the playoffs. They made the finals, credit to them. But do they think they can repeat this "low seed going all the way" journey again? just turn it up for the playoffs and hope that the top seed tanks and the 2nd seed plays like dummies....

If not, do they think they have what it takes to be at worst the 2nd seed in the east? Who said "we are not motivated for the regular season"?

They caught a fluke. Now they think they are really that good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GlasgowRangers. Show GlasgowRangers's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tainted Championship : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I really want to leave this post and get on with my life but some comments in the post above indicate that this may be a die heart Laker fan but is not a true fan of NBA basketball.  Re: "For us in LA, this victory is the sweetest because Boston fans are still crying and Kobe crushed your summer, but you all made mine".  Kobe crushed us ??? He shot 6-24(25%) & the rest of the team shot 32%. This is a sweet victory to you ? [/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. Kobe got 15 rebounds and LA crushed you 53-40 on the boards. You mean that's not crushing? How many guards have you seen that got 15 rebounds in a late round playoff game? and the 37-17 FT discrepancy because they went to the hole. That's aggressiveness on offense.

The victory is so sweet because the Lakers won despite an awful shooting night. The discrepancy in possessions (111 vs 93) because of hustle and efforts more than made up the awful shooting.  How many teams can win a game 7 by shooting 32.5%?

Sheer will, baby.

[QUOTE]
    A dominating victory was us winning in 2008 in game 6 by 39 points. I've said this before, if we had won by 4 pts with 20 more foul shots, I would have been happy we won but not called it a sweet victory. [/QUOTE]
    Hate to burst your bubble. A sweet victory doesn't have to be a dominating victory. It's sweet because:

- it's sheer will, hustle, aggressiveness that made up the poor shooting;
    - it put us on track for a 3-peat, something one-year wonders can't imagine;

I mean, what good is a 39-point victory if it's only a one-year wonder?