Talk about making the most of a bad situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Talk about making the most of a bad situation

http://www.clipsnation.com/2011/7/18/2280770/a-couple-of-basketball-owners-who-arent-losing-money

great read

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Talk about making the most of a bad situation

interesting stuff, 008. nice catch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Talk about a "short-term" investment.  Thanks for finding and posting the article.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.celticstown.com/2011/07/01/report-celtics-owner-wyc-grousbeck-willing-to-lose-entire-season/

The shame!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It is difficult to fathom.  While some owners would like contraction, Weasel Stern wants to expand overseas.  I think right now contraction may be best.  But, I think only 3 teams:  NOH - for obvious reasons, as they are owned by the league right now........MINN - just can't seem to field a decent team, and who wants to play there anyway.........TOR - can we just admit Canada is a hockey country and move on/
    With those 3 teams gone, I see a much less bleak outlook for the league as a whole!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Talk about making the most of a bad situation:
    [QUOTE]It is difficult to fathom.  While some owners would like contraction, Weasel Stern wants to expand overseas.  I think right now contraction may be best.  But, I think only 3 teams:  NOH - for obvious reasons, as they are owned by the league right now........MINN - just can't seem to field a decent team, and who wants to play there anyway.........TOR - can we just admit Canada is a hockey country and move on/ With those 3 teams gone, I see a much less bleak outlook for the league as a whole!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

New Orleans would be perfect

Minnesota would be logical

Toronto, though, has a rabid fan base.  They just haven't fielded a decent team, in like, ever.  Nonetheless, they get decent turnout for teams that stink

I would say that Memphis, which struggled to sell out even as their team reached the playoffs this year, would be a good candidate for contraction.

Some team should be relocated to Seattle, which should also factor in here.