Tankapalooza Starts Now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Tankapalooza Starts Now!

Ainge just traded the Celts' 3rd leading scorer, Jordan Crawford, for Joel Anthony.

Joel Anthony is just averaging 0.5 ppg.

HAHAHA

Right now the Celts only have 3 guards heading into tonight's game against the Raptors.

Once Rondo returns, the guard rotation will be Rondo, AB, Bayless, and Pressey.

Looks like Ainge is going for the #1 or #2 pick of the 2014 Draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Tankapalooza Starts Now!

Honestly, I'm just glad Crawford is gone so people can stop talking like he's replacing Bradley as a starting 2, or will be this magical 6th man, or that Danny will pay him and not Bradley this offseason.

I'm also glad we can finally stop talking like Marshon is going to learn how to play in the NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think DA sees Embiid or Parker as the real deal.

He see's Randal and Wiggins as possible busts

He see's Smart as good, but not franchise changing

He sees the next 5 or 6 guys (Gordon, Exum, Vonley,etc) as all hit or miss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Honestly, I'm just glad Crawford is gone so people can stop talking like he's replacing Bradley as a starting 2, or will be this magical 6th man, or that Danny will pay him and not Bradley this offseason.

I'm also glad we can finally stop talking like Marshon is going to learn how to play in the NBA.

I was hoping we could've gotten more for Crawford.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

I think DA sees Embiid or Parker as the real deal.

He see's Randal and Wiggins as possible busts

He see's Smart as good, but not franchise changing

He sees the next 5 or 6 guys (Gordon, Exum, Vonley,etc) as all hit or miss.

Agree.

I'd still be happy if the Celts end up with Andrew Wiggins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember last year Crawford was traded for Jason Collins corpse.  I wanted more too but a shot at a first round pick from the sixers isn't bad.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I'll be happy when this season is over so Fierce will stop using the term Tankapalooza. It was barely clever the first time. 

Is is it really considered tanking when you don't have the players to compete? Let's be honest. Outside of Rondo, Bradley, and Sully is there anyone on this roster that could impact a game night after night on a regular basis? If the answer is no, then is really tanking to try to improve your future? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember last year Crawford was traded for Jason Collins corpse.  I wanted more too but a shot at a first round pick from the sixers isn't bad.  

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Your expression is precious.

Yes, no need to get greedy.  Just keep doing the right deals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll be happy when this season is over so Fierce will stop using the term Tankapalooza. It was barely clever the first time. 

Is is it really considered tanking when you don't have the players to compete? Let's be honest. Outside of Rondo, Bradley, and Sully is there anyone on this roster that could impact a game night after night on a regular basis? If the answer is no, then is really tanking to try to improve your future? 

[/QUOTE]

ainge is tanking, not the players

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Which teams at a shot at #1 wouldn't take Embiid? Just Utah?

Chad Ford   (1:36 PM)

I think the Jazz and Celtics have Jabari Parker rated ahead of him right now. The Magic and Sixers have Andrew Wiggins rated ahead of him. I think the Bucks, Kings, Cavs, Lakers would all go Embiid. I could see the Celtics, Sixers and Magic switching to Embiid by June. Think Jazz would stick with Parker.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/49817

If this year's draft class was considered a 10 at the start of the year, where would you rank it now after seeing these guys in college for a couple months? Still as many franchise changers as you thought initially?

Chad Ford   (1:29 PM)

A 7 or 8. All five players at the top of this draft are viable No. 1 picks. Rare to have a draft with that many guys. And all of them would have gone ahead of the top guys in last years draft. But there was an expectation that Wiggins, maybe Randle and Parker, would be a franchise player that could immediately turn around the fortunes of a team. I haven't seen that so far. Wiggins and Embiid have that potential. I think Exum does too. Randle and Parker are going to be likely All-Stars in the league for years to come. But I haven't seen that guy who will be transcendent ... yet. Remember, most of these players are very young and there is still a lot of time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree Wonder,while some of the posts are interesting with the volume spewed it becomes boring to hear the same stuff over and over

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

[QUOTE]

Ainge just traded the Celts' 3rd leading scorer, Jordan Crawford, for Joel Anthony.

Joel Anthony is just averaging 0.5 ppg.

HAHAHA

Right now the Celts only have 3 guards heading into tonight's game against the Raptors.

Once Rondo returns, the guard rotation will be Rondo, AB, Bayless, and Pressey.

[/QUOTE]

Bringing in Anthony means either Bass or Humphries is next to go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchwiggins. Show mitchwiggins's posts

Lakers closing in on TOP 5 Lottery Pick in 2014 NBA Draft!  2 wins Jan and 3 wins Feb They deal Gasol and trade deadline for a #1 or get back talented 2 or 3 yr player  Hearing Mitch has WIGGINS in his crosshairs.  Oh yeah we're going to steal the thunder from Celtics brass come draft day.....can't wait!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ainge is tanking, not the players

[/QUOTE]

My question was is it really tanking if the Celtics don't have the talent to compete every night anyways? Is it wrong of DA to try to secure as many future possibilities as he can for the mediocre players on the current roster. It's tough to watch, especially for a sports city like Boston, but I don't think DA's thought process is lacking logic here. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to mitchwiggins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lakers closing in on TOP 5 Lottery Pick in 2014 NBA Draft!  2 wins Jan and 3 wins Feb They deal Gasol and trade deadline for a #1 or get back talented 2 or 3 yr player  Hearing Mitch has WIGGINS in his crosshairs.  Oh yeah we're going to steal the thunder from Celtics brass come draft day.....can't wait!

[/QUOTE]

Until they deal the pic for RondoWink(That's sarcasm fellas)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to mitchwiggins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Kobe is not coming back this year? How's it feel to pay him more than 20 million to sit on the side lines?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, 

What's the scoop on the Philly pick? Does 2014 matter? Or do we get their first round pick in 2015 if they make the playoffs? With two lottery picks this year and Nerlens healthy they've got to be in the playoffs next year. They're actually not that far out this year. For sure I'd hope they'd be in the playoffs in 2016.  So if they get that pick then I thinks that's better than expected for Crawford.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

is "snizz" a basketball term?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Fierce, 

What's the scoop on the Philly pick? Does 2014 matter? Or do we get their first round pick in 2015 if they make the playoffs? With two lottery picks this year and Nerlens healthy they've got to be in the playoffs next year. They're actually not that far out this year. For sure I'd hope they'd be in the playoffs in 2016.  So if they get that pick then I thinks that's better than expected for Crawford.

The pick is top 14 protected in 2014 and 2015.

If the Celts don't get a 1st rounder by 2015, because it's in the top 14, that 1st round pick then becomes an unprotected 2nd round pick in 2015.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not Fierce,  but my understanding is if Philly makes it to the playoffs in either '14 or ' 15 it will give Boston a first round pick. If they don't then is 2nd round. The "experts" seem to think it will be a 2nd rounder. Let's hope they're wrong. Go Celtics!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not Fierce,  but my understanding is if Philly makes it to the playoffs in either '14 or ' 15 it will give Boston a first round pick. If they don't then is 2nd round. The "experts" seem to think it will be a 2nd rounder. Let's hope they're wrong. Go Celtics!

[/QUOTE]

So if they make the playoffs this year do we get the pick this year or 2015? If they make them next year do we get the pick in 2015 or 2016? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

So if they make the playoffs this year do we get the pick this year or 2015? If they make them next year do we get the pick in 2015 or 2016? 

If Sixers make the playoffs this year, Celts get the pick.

If the Sixers make the playoffs next year, Celts get the pick next year.

But if the Sixers fail to make the playoffs this year and next year, the Celts will get the Sixers' 2nd round pick next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select......EVERYBODY