Team Cuts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Team Cuts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Boston waived guard Kammron Taylor and forward Damen Bell-Holter as well as forward DeShawn Sims.

Roster down to 15 ... Looks like Pressey and Babb will make the team. Some here may be surprised to see Babb make it but really?  After all, the new coach requested that Danny bring him in for camp. Certainly the C's can appease their new coach by keeping a player he wants until/unless something better comes along. No doubt, if another team cuts a viable center or guard, then Babb will be the odd man out, but for now, Welcome to Boston!

Cut of the Day: Dallas waived center Fab Melo ... The center that so many here clamored for in the 2012 draft has already been dropped by three teams in a matter of months .... Hmmmm!

Add the Fab Melo #22 pick to the list of biggest Celtics draft day disasters....Perry Jones III was right there, but I guess Ainge couldn't pick two injury risk players in a row....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/asik-vs-faverani/100/6860166?page=3#post-21586198

I clearly state in above thread that Babb might be sent to the D league to start the season.^

But I'll post my quote here for you again:

"Babb might very well be cut or sent down to the D League, he is a project player, but if he learns the intricacies on the NBA he could be a very good to great player one day, he could also make the opening day roster.  I don't claim to be the expert that you are."

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I also suggested he might start the season in the D league in the same thread, if he is on the Celtic's developmental squad he is still on the team. 

There is also the possiblity another team may sign him or he may make more money playing in Europe so you may turn out to be right. 

Stop trying to win an argument on a technicality, I never said he would "make the opening day roster," you said he wouldn't. 

I said he would make the team and eventually be a good player.  You trying to pin me down as saying he would be on the opening day roster is a non sequitur and a falsehood.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Seriously? Let F'ing GO!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Doesn't matter if he's on the roster for opening night or not. What matters is if the GM & Coach decide to bring him back at some point and whether he sticks or not. The jury is still out but all indications are that Danny & Brad were very impressed and made him their last cut. They also were impressed with Sims who's been in Celtics camps/summer rosters a number of times now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I said "it looks like" they made the team ... read much?

And I also said he could be cut to make room for another player. You can argue that he was cut for tax purposes but that's a ludicrous argument when a trade of 2 for 1 or an expiring contract (Bogans) for a draft pick any time before the trade deadline gets the C's below the tax apron. Most likely Danny cut Babb to open a roster spot to have room for any surprise cuts by other teams as well as to get him more playing time.

If your gonna twist my words to suit your lame effort to get an acknowledgement from me that you were correct with such a low level prediction then please don't read or respond to my posts ... you've gotten more and more sophomoric and it's bordering on childish, pitiful & lame.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Looks like!

Odds were 90% or more that a late addition would make the team ... don't pat yourself on the back for making that call ... Jeesh!

The more unlikely fact that he was the last cut and indications by the gm & coach that he was one of their better players at camp and adding him to the RedClaws is pretty eye opening for a kid that came out of know where.

If he makes it back that would really say something .... so if you can wait on Fav to make a decision surely you can wait and see if Babb is the real McCoy or just a flash in the pan.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When you tell Chris Babb "Welcome to Boston!", what does that imply?

Do we really have to go back to kindergarten to understand the definition of "welcome"?

wel·come  (wlkm)

adj. 1. Received with pleasure and hospitality into one's company or home:  a welcome guest. 2. Giving pleasure or satisfaction; agreeable or gratifying:  a welcome respite from hard work. 3. Cordially or willingly permitted or invited:  You are welcome to join us. 4. Used in the expression  you're welcome to acknowledge an expression of gratitude. n. 1.  A cordial greeting or hospitable reception given to an arriving person. 2. A reception upon arrival:  gave the stranger an unfriendly welcome. 3. The state of being welcome:  Don't overstay your welcome.[/QUOTE]

Not being an American I guess you wouldn't realize that ME is a stone's throw away from Boston and since he's been signed by the RedClaws, a Boston Celtics affiliate, he is officially part of the Boston Celtics organization and can be called up at any time.

I'll say it again ... Welcome to the Boston Celtics Chris Babb!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/10/celtics-cut-remaining-camp-invitees.html

The Celtics roster is now made up of only 14 players, with one spot still available.  However, for the time being it will remain unclaimed, as the club's total salary ($71.6 million) currently stands just a few thousand dollars below the luxury tax line ($71.75 million).  Via ESPN Boston's Chris Forsberg, here's what Danny Ainge had to say:

"Right now we’re barely under the luxury tax, so we really have no choice. We will stay under the tax this year. We have to. As we’re rebuilding, not just from a standpoint of the financial budget, but as a competitive advantage."

[/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't understand when a team's salary is accounted for to determine if they are subject to the tax. That's just rhetoric trying to explain away the cut when Danny and any informed reader understands that "this year" means by the season end and not during the year other than the hard cap they are subject to.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.