tell me again y KENYON MARTIN didnt walk thru those hometeam doors....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: tell me again y KENYON MARTIN didnt walk thru those hometeam doors....

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

kenyon martin is a beast, has a lot left. shooting 70+% and has been channelling his inner kg in the middle with better board and boxout skills. he's exactly what we needed as a backup plan to kg. this isDA. he was available for 10 day contracts. has been a model citizen in Ny... jeez!

==========================================

I agree with you 100% !!!

I copy & paste from a post I made similar comments about Kenyon a few days ago.

Why we did not go after Kenyon Martin, Knicks,  who got 19 points and 11 rebounds  the other night and we continue to being outrebounded most of the time.  Wasn't he available for us to pick up ??? With him, I'd felt more confident going into the playoffs especially if we face the Heat as Kenyon is a banger when LeBon & Wade drive to the basket & would give us maybe 10 rebs per game.

The following is a response...it is not necessary to say from whom.

Because Kenyon Martin is a knuclehead who has thrown every coach he has ever played for under the bus.

He's had ONE good game since he joined the Knicks...............geez!

==============================================

Then a couple of days later I posted again:

Hmmm??? Seems Kenyon had another pretty good game with 18 pts and 7 rebs, 2nd only to Carmelo's 8 in NY beating Raptors last night by 26 pts.  Don't you think that "Birdman' is a knucklehead yet he is instrumental in providing "D" & rebs when the stars, LeBron, Wade, Bosh etc. rest. I think we could have gotten him too although I would have hated seeing that tattoed body in our hallowed Green !!!

Same responder commented:

Last night?  So..............when I posted it, it was one, right?

And tonight watching the Knicks/Celtics, announcer said that Kenyon has provided a spark for NY and has filled a need as has Birdman for Miami. Both of these guys were available to us.

It's not only we are outrebounded on the offensive boards but on the defensive boards I've never seen teams make so many tap ins of their  missed shot as against us !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why...Why ...Why ??? Instead we get Randolph & White !!! And another poster commented that the Heat are undeafeted since they got "Birdman" who was available to us too and I'd put up with his tattoed body in our hallowed Green.

Kenyon Martin giving the Knicks a boost

By Baxter Holmes    Globe Staff  

March 27, 2013

The bruising forward was a much-needed addition, filling a gap left by an injured big man with his energy, rebounding and scoring. Kenyon Martin provided life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

the entire league passed on martin. not just Danny. Finally after China, the knicks in depseration signed him and it seems to be wroking out. that's great, but not like Danny was the only guy to make this mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

the entire league passed on martin. not just Danny. Finally after China, the knicks in depseration signed him and it seems to be wroking out. that's great, but not like Danny was the only guy to make this mistake.

I was surprised at KM's performance. Along with JRs' issues  maybe the LAL lost something in coach Woodson.  He seems to have a way with guys that are not selfish like kome but have other issues like learning to be a stand up honest role model guy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I was rooting for this IF we were not going to implode the team...

maybe that's why Danny did not follow up ...that and his questionable attitude.

He had deals sitting on the desk ready to go until the last minutes..

Still, this one is going to hurt...Danny out bluffed himself just like when he let TA fly..

These two would keep us in the hunt by providing that toughness we sorely lack these days.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The players rallied for the team to get him and they didn't"

Link please? 

Commie I agree he would have been a good signing I would just like more details on what we did or didn't do to pursue him. At this point it clearly looks like a mistake and may look even worse if we were to lose to the Knicks in the playoffs...

"Still, this one is going to hurt...Danny out bluffed himself just like when he let TA fly."

Two things: 

- These aren't really comparable situations. TA wanted pretty big dollars and also a starting role. Not saying we shouldn't have signed him but those were bigger considerations at the time. Kenyon was bargain basement. 

- The TA stuff had a lot of public info on how it went down. I don't have any public links on Boston's pursuit or lack thereof of Kenyon. Do you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Martin's a tough player no doubt.

Bottom line  Would he have made us any closer to getting another ring                       . Probably not we have many issues and one player of Martins caliber would have mattered little

Probably not another ring but I'd felt more confident we'd gone farther in the playoffs. He's not one to back down from a driving to the basket LeBron & LeBron would still have outmaneuved him or dunked over him but he might have incured some bruises. I am sure he'd fouled out too but he'd also given us 7-10 rebs and at least 10 points. He got 18 and 19 in the 2 games they had prior to the Celtics.