Terrance Williams....a STEAL!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Terrance Williams....a STEAL!

Ainge and his scouting staff did their homework. This guy is going to be part of the core next year. Doc NEVER plays guys this much who just came on board.

He's under control, sees the floor, takes good shots. How no one signed him is amazing. Tear up that 10-day contract and sign him now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Terrance Williams....a STEAL!

100% agree.  Love what I am seeing.

Trade Rondo for Cousins.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm with you all the way!!  TWill loves playing for the Celtics. He told some of his friends in Louisville a week before he was signed, You guys are not going to believe the Team i'm getting ready to sign with, and i can't wait to start over again!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

T-will!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Why are the Suns so bad? Individually, they have some good players: Gortat, Scola, Dragic, Dudley, Morris, Tucker, etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

One game, ok.  Against the Suns.

relax.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to NegativeTrollsAbound's comment:

relax.

Maybe, butWOW!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I told you he could play.  He has that tweener shot,  and he looked under control at all times.  didn't rush anything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i love this guy...he's got big time talent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

Offensivly he looks to be able to play point. What a pickup. Way to go Danny!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

Why are the Suns so bad? Individually, they have some good players: Gortat, Scola, Dragic, Dudley, Morris, Tucker, etc.

All overrated players....all good backups save maybe Dragic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

T-Will is the real deal!  Kid can flat out ball.  Such a cool head on his shoulders!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Whait till white gets here  We got 3 ballers and gave up nothing but barbosa's contract and collins.

White is a beast and T will can ball  cant wait to see what Crawford does under Doc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

http://basketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/a/2009-nba-draft-results.htm

The guys was drafted #11 by the nets...

Right after Derozan and Jennings!!!!Wow...

Thanks Danny!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/results/rounds/_/year/2009/round/1

Chad Ford called him one of the best athletes in the draft...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Whait till white gets here  We got 3 ballers and gave up nothing but barbosa's contract and collins.

White is a beast and T will can ball  cant wait to see what Crawford does under Doc.

Crawford is already better than Barboza....I thought we could not replace him...

Boy, was I wrong...that's why Danno gets the bucks and im just a humble beancounter...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/813541-2009-nba-re-draft-how-would-the-first-round-play-out-two-years-later#/articles/813541-2009-nba-re-draft-how-would-the-first-round-play-out-two-years-later/page/16

As recent as 2011, Bleacher re drafted and gave him high marks...

What the heck happened to this guy...China????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

White will be better then Collins and Crawfor will get his second wind leaving DC behind we got three nice players and lost nothing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

keep in mind these are two players who have had some serious attitude issues in the past. at 25, t-will is a former #11 pick in 09 and he was in china this year - there's a reason for that. just like there's a reason why he's been on 6 teams in 4 years. the book on williams is he's an excellent passer, can defend some, and rebounds well for a 6 "6" guy. does not have a deveoped nba offensive game. he shoots 40% from the floor and 31% from 3. 

jordan crawford, at 24, is another first rounder (2th in 2010) who was pouting and making a spectacle of himself at the end of the bench after having multiple run-ins with his coach Randy Wittman because he was upset at getting less time when john wall got back. washington wanted him out of town so much they were willing to get rid of him for a low level expiring contract, practically giving away a young player they had under their control. hope evreyone noticed crawford with a towel over his face tonight laughing after doc rivers blasted his team in the huddle. this is the same guy who once said he was going to be "better than Jordan," the same guy who consistently talked about "getting his shots" above all else. he also shoots 40% from the floor and under 30% from 3. those are not the number sof good shooter. everyone knows crawford can score, but he shoots a low percentage from the floor, his shot selection is highly suspect, he gets out of control, and is allergic to playing d.

before annointing either of these two might want to see them play a half dozen games and against better competition than the horrible phoneix suns, who put up very little resistance against a mediocre celtics team missing garnett. 

with all that said, have to be impressed with t-will's vision. really distributed the ball well. here's always room on the court for guys like that, especially if they play hard. crawford will always score, but he will only play consistent minutes here if he defends and plays wthin the offense, and both of those things are still very much open to question. if one of these guys is here next year in a ninth or tenth man role it'll be a real plus as these are scrap heap pick-ups. if both wind up here in the rotation next year it'll be somthing of a minor miracle. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"He's under control, sees the floor, takes good shots. How no one signed him is amazing. Tear up that 10-day contract and sign him now."

Agreed 100 percent. 

I'm revising a couple of my positions based on what I'm seeing, may surprise some but I will change my positions if I see something that changes what I think.

Speaking of which, I'm very close to issuing a full apology on Jeff Green, if he can keep up his consistent play. 

Wiliams has the point guard play I wanted to see, the one thing Bradley and Lee couldn't quite do on their own. At this point Rondo has to be traded (probably once he is healthy). With Ainge missing out on the chance to trade Pierce and/or Garnett to get new pieces, and with the depth in guard play counting Williams, you sign Williams and you move Rondo for the best big you can get, either offseason or soon after he is back next year. No other way forward now. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to NegativeTrollsAbound's comment:

relax.

Im with you. I wonder what the reaction would have been if the Cs lost??

But that being said it was a pretty exciting brand to watch.  Williams looked poised running the point and it was also interesting to see JG running the point too....athletic quick movement...   mixes up the offense ...makes it difficult for the defense .... i know it sounds like im buying it too soon as well but I think it could continue....lets see

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to bt33's comment:

keep in mind these are two players who have had some serious attitude issues in the past. at 25, t-will is a former #11 pick in 09 and he was in china this year - there's a reason for that. just like there's a reason why he's been on 6 teams in 4 years. the book on williams is he's an excellent passer, can defend some, and rebounds well for a 6 "6" guy. does not have a deveoped nba offensive game. he shoots 40% from the floor and 31% from 3. 

jordan crawford, at 24, is another first rounder (2th in 2010) who was pouting and making a spectacle of himself at the end of the bench after having multiple run-ins with his coach Randy Wittman because he was upset at getting less time when john wall got back. washington wanted him out of town so much they were willing to get rid of him for a low level expiring contract, practically giving away a young player they had under their control. hope evreyone noticed crawford with a towel over his face tonight laughing after doc rivers blasted his team in the huddle. this is the same guy who once said he was going to be "better than Jordan," the same guy who consistently talked about "getting his shots" above all else. he also shoots 40% from the floor and under 30% from 3. those are not the number sof good shooter. everyone knows crawford can score, but he shoots a low percentage from the floor, his shot selection is highly suspect, he gets out of control, and is allergic to playing d.

before annointing either of these two might want to see them play a half dozen games and against better competition than the horrible phoneix suns, who put up very little resistance against a mediocre celtics team missing garnett. 

with all that said, have to be impressed with t-will's vision. really distributed the ball well. here's always room on the court for guys like that, especially if they play hard. crawford will always score, but he will only play consistent minutes here if he defends and plays wthin the offense, and both of those things are still very much open to question. if one of these guys is here next year in a ninth or tenth man role it'll be a real plus as these are scrap heap pick-ups. if both wind up here in the rotation next year it'll be somthing of a minor miracle. 

Agreed.. In time these things will get sorted out. Tonight was easy. There will be nights when the shots will not fall and the passes will get intercepted. Then, we will know the "real" person behind those players. Kg and PP will not allow these guys to return to their immature ways. Its amazing that some guys have to take the long road to realize their potential. This was in full display tonight with Beasly of the Suns walking to the dressing room from the bench. Let's hope these guys have learned their lessons, and realize they are part of a team and fall in accordingly. If not, China awaits!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to bt33's comment:

Agreed.. In time these things will get sorted out. Tonight was easy. There will be nights when the shots will not fall and the passes will get intercepted. Then, we will know the "real" person behind those players. Kg and PP will not allow these guys to return to their immature ways. Its amazing that some guys have to take the long road to realize their potential. This was in full display tonight with Beasly of the Suns walking to the dressing room from the bench. Let's hope these guys have learned their lessons, and realize they are part of a team and fall in accordingly. If not, China awaits!

Like they kept Rondo from it? 

Id hold judgment out of the 2 newcomers... one game against a team of sissys isnt much to get excited about. One thing for sure, if they stink the next game, posters will be ripping these 2 guys.

I never like taking on head cases except in the case of the Oakland Raiders back in the 70s-80s.. Doc cant even handle normal players unless they're HOF'rs that he lets do what they want.