Terry, Odd Man Out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Terry, Odd Man Out?

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/02/nba-trade-deadline-celtics-jason-terry/?xid=ob_blogs

Some one has to go. This guy has been a disappointment so far. He has done better

recently, but may be too late. Let's hope we get that big in return...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Terry, Odd Man Out?

honestly i don't think redick is that much better or at all. i'm sure his stats are better but he's played a lot more minutes than terry too.

i think terry's game will pick up due to recent developments that i'll not go into...;-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

honestly i don't think redick is that much better or at all. i'm sure his stats are better but he's played a lot more minutes than terry too.

i think terry's game will pick up due to recent developments that i'll not go into...;-)

I hear you loud and clear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/02/nba-trade-deadline-celtics-jason-terry/?xid=ob_blogs

Some one has to go. This guy has been a disappointment so far. He has done better

Funny I have been telling people all year he has value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

go ahead , go into it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I've changed my mind on Terry. he has been playing much better lately and we have to have his scoring to even have a chance in the playoffs, if we make it that is.  I would like to get Redick and keep Terry, with Terry coming off the bench. Who would we give up for Redick, would Barbosa and a 1st round pick work?   Doc can talk defense all he wants, but it's lack of scoring that has cost in the playoffs since 2010!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

My opinion, given the loss of Sully, Bass is the guy needs to be the odd man out, in that we need a rebounder and try to be optimistic that a more open flow offense will help JT come out of his season long inconsistency with more court time. This team cannot be resolved to relying on Jason Collins as a second unit big. He is serviceble in a three man rotation of bigs but does not the role as #2 big off the bench. Wilcox could help in this regard but over his time with the Celtics, can we count on him for the duration in that he seems to be injury prone?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Bass can not be traded unless we pick up another big that will give us some production.  

Even though I still think Terry is going to play better this year than he has so far,  I would still like to get him traded for Redick.  It would have to be a 3 team deal though unless picks are involved. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Terry has a three year contract.  Whether he is playing better or not if the Celtics can dump that contract they should do so in a hearbeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Terry has a three year contract.  Whether he is playing better or not if the Celtics can dump that contract they should do so in a hearbeat.

Agree! Not only is it a 3 year deal, but he gets $5M per year!!   I believe his game is basically finished although we can expect he will have a good game or good streak here and there. His field goal percentage was sub standard last year for a SG and not much better this year.  He is a poor defensive player and he will only get worse with age as he turns 36 later this year.

Highly doubtful that any team would trade for an old, highly over-rated, marginally effective shooter, who can't play D and has a horrible contract.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Agree! Not only is it a 3 year deal, but he gets $5M per year!!   I believe his game is basically finished although we can expect he will have a good game or good streak here and there. His field goal percentage was sub standard last year for a SG and not much better this year.  He is a poor defensive player and he will only get worse with age as he turns 36 later this year.

Highly doubtful that any team would trade for an old, highly over-rated, marginally effective shooter, who can't play D and has a horrible contract.   

yep...and if everyone does the Celtics should jump on it.