Thank God for Shaq!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Thank God for Shaq!!!!!

He's playing big for us !!!!!!!!!! He even made a couple FTs lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!!

Refer to my posts on the Toronto lost....dump it in to SHAQ, he can produce!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think that Shaq's earning (and deserving of) every penny he's receiving from the Celtics. Though he's been out for some games, he's a difference maker when he's available. Tonight's game versus the Nets confirms that. Not bad for someone most thought would merely be a distraction and de-unifying influence on the team. Hope Shaq stays healthy for the rest of the season. Go Shaq!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

When all of the Boston centers are healthy, the Celtics will have tremendous depth at the 5 spot.

1 - Shaquille O'Neal.
    2 - Jermaine O'Neal.
    3 - Kendrick Perkins.
    4 - Semih Erden.

Garnett, Davis, and Harangody can all play center in a pinch. I don't think any team can match the quality or the quantity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]A 38 year old Shaq the top point scorer for the Celtics?! Sheesh.
    Posted by showtime32[/QUOTE]

A 41 year old Kareem top scorer for us against the Rockets? Sheesh.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198903130LAL.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to Thank God for Shaq!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]He's playing big for us !!!!!!!!!! He even made a couple FTs lol
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is, Shaq ia quite shaqrific right now.  Man, I can't help but think how good the Celtics would be with a young Shaq.  In fact what would the Celts be with a young BIG 3 and young Shaq!?   That would be scary....aah...Daydreaming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Shaq is motivated this season. Keep giving him the ball in the post, there is no one in the league that can stop him every single time he backs them into the paint!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Thank God for Shaq!!!!! : Yeah he is, Shaq ia quite shaqrific right now.  Man, I can't help but think how good the Celtics would be with a young Shaq.  In fact what would the Celts be with a young BIG 3 and young Shaq!?   That would be scary....aah...Daydreaming.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if you had them when they were young, you'd have a Miami Heat situation? Mighty big IF though as there are different personality types involved but it could have been very similar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Agree 100%... Shaq has been spectacular this season. More than I thought he would. Watching how he occupies the middle and muscles (fats) his way to position, hes unstoppable.  He gives us a presence down low that we havent had... Perk, KG & the rest dont even scratch the surface of what Shaqs doing down low.

I also love that the team looks for him. Lobs & on the break... that keeps big guys motivated and feeling appreciated.. It didnt go that way in Cleve.. what a mistake they made!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One other thing.. the Big Shamrock cloobers opponents that drive near him. I mean CLOBBERS!

It may not deter everyone but some players wont want anymore of that.

Kinda like Big Russ.. when opponents got near the lane they worried where Russ was.. caused them to adjust even when he wasnt nearby. They couldnt put their shots up like they wanted. Shaq is doing the same when players drive. Who wants to get smashed by that guy more than once?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Shaq wasn't as dominant for Cleveland so let's give some credit to Doc and the rest of the team for recognizing what he can do  for them and taking advantage of it in just the right way. And some credit to Shaq for taking a roll and not sticking with it so his teamates know exactly what to expect.

And let's give thanks on this day of thanksgiving for the fact we have had a great team in our great city.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

[QUOTE]A 38 year old Shaq the top point scorer for the Celtics?! Sheesh.
    Posted by showtime32[/QUOTE]

That is because his teammates and coaches and Shaq himself know how to take advantage of what the other team is giving them. When they try to take away Shaq, which they will, then other players will have the opportunity to step up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree that Shaq has been terrifiic so far for the Celtics.  He appears to be in great shape.  I don't remember him being in such good shape for a few years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I gotta admit, I would have never believed it.  I said from the start of the season that I wasn't a believer in shaq at cleveland and I wasn't going to change my tune just because he's wearing green.

I did say that I thought shaq would fit better here than he would at cleveland. I just thought that Doc woudlnt' want him out there being picked at the top of the key during crunch time.  He's moving better than I expected.

We did see a bit of shaq's weakness last nihgt in his unwillingness to go out and challenge their backup center when he was hitting those jumpers.  Wonder why they quit going to that?  Did I miss some adjustment?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

showtime32 reappearing after being banned last week?  Sheesh!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Earlier in the year i posted the if Shaq got enough shots he would lead the league in FG percentage.  I knew Shaq would finish off a lot of shots the Perk just flat out couldn't conver.   Now Shaq I guess doesn't have enough shots to quality but he is shooting 67%  and the leader is Horford @ 61%.   Most people were saying he could defend and clogged up the middle.  A lot of them on this board.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I'm very happy for Shaq.
    Not only his play, he was very accomudating with people and his team. He burried his ego and proved to be a gentleman.
    I never use to like him but I was wrong. I'm embarrassed judging the person.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!! : A 41 year old Kareem top scorer for us against the Rockets? Sheesh. http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198903130LAL.html
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Nice reply RUworthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]When all of the Boston centers are healthy, the Celtics will have tremendous depth at the 5 spot. 1 - Shaquille O'Neal. 2 - Jermaine O'Neal. 3 - Kendrick Perkins. 4 - Semih Erden. Garnett, Davis, and Harangody can all play center in a pinch. I don't think any team can match the quality or the quantity.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Except the Lakers Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Shaq is the man and he's on a mission.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from showtime32. Show showtime32's posts

[QUOTE]  Shaq is the man and he's on a mission.
    Posted by The-dude[/QUOTE]

Good for Shaq that he can have moments when he conjures up memories of his Laker days when he truly was a beast.

Sadly, they will be few and far between and Boston only gets the 38 year old version. I remember those days when everytime Shaq got the ball in the low post, howls of foul would spew forth from celtic mouths.

How the times have changed. Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank God for Shaq!!!!! :     I've had this troll on ignore for a long time now. I suggest that all you C's fans out there do the same.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Great idea!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Give the ball to SHAQ until he cant go anymore or the other team adjusts.  When Perk comes back, bring him off the bench along with JON.  Let hime bang around with the 2nd unit until he gets in shape and even for the rest of the season and playoffs.

2nd Unit:

Nate...the scorer
    Delonte/Bradley...the defensive presence and scorers
    Marquis...play within himself and he will be fine.  stay within 16 feet.
    BBD...he needs to regain his touch, crash the boards
    Perkins...be a defensive presence and crash the boards

Erdan, for spot minutes, if there is foul trouble(He has proven he can be on the floor)
    Harangody, for spot minutes, if there is foul trouble

25. This post has been removed.