THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP!

What a thrill the last 7 days have been for us Celtics fans !

So maybe Danny can get to work on the Ray Allen extension right away ? (smirk)

What do you think they're saying in Miami, Chicago, NY and LA ?

The Celtics just got younger and deeper and their offense is about to become the highest scoring in the entire NBA

NO ONE will be able to keep up with this team once they get their offense oiled up.....

Getting Jeff Green/Kristic/Troy Murphy/Pavlovian and a #1 pick is like adding Joe Rudi and Rollie Fingers to the 1975-1978 era Red Sox.....closing the deals with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen is like Buddy Leroux & Haywood Sullivan remembering the deadline and getting Carlton Fisk's and Freddie Lynn's contracts out in the mail on time.....

COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS ! SOMEBODY GIVE DANNY AINGE  A RAISE AND A NEW SET OF GOLF CLUBS !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP!

i couldnt agree more with you PHX. we also got even more athletic.. minus baby, this team has become even more athletic as well. murph, nenad and sash are white guys who can move their feet.. green is a total pippen-like freak and he has shown interest in a long-term deal. he should be our TOP priority in the off-season...

on a lighter note, danny being a devout byu-mormon, will pass on that COFFEE! you can get booted out of byu for drinking coffee, its part of the code of conduct... ditto with tea, alcohol and stuff with caffeine...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I live way up north, so the only game I've been to this year was the first pre-season game in Manchester.  We sat at courtside, so at halftime I walked up to Wyc Grossbeck and held out my hand and said: "I just want to say thank-you."  He was surprised and gracious and I'm glad I did it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"The Celtics just got younger and deeper"

Getting younger?
    So let's try this -- How old is Daniels + Nate + Semih + Perk

we replaced them with: Green - Krstic - Murphy - Shasha.

Total the age and you will be surprised we aged.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP!:
    [QUOTE]"The Celtics just got younger and deeper" Getting younger? So let's try this -- How old is Daniels + Nate + Semih + Perk we replaced them with: Green - Krstic - Murphy - Shasha. Total the age and you will be surprised we aged.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    I think he means in a way with green as a player to build around for the future. He is a young athletic... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

way to go celtics....i'm not worried about the players lineup  now...go go go- celtics for life

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

you know dunkin donuts is the official sponser of the celtics? not starbucks. just sayin..... Surprised

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]"The Celtics just got younger and deeper" Getting younger? So let's try this -- How old is Daniels + Nate + Semih + Perk we replaced them with: Green - Krstic - Murphy - Shasha. Total the age and you will be surprised we aged.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

You forgot Luke!! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP! : You forgot Luke!! :)
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah---the 16 years old luke --- thanks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]all players you mentioned are 30 and younger.. quis is actually the oldest at 30... green is only 24, nenad is 27... its NEGLIGIBLE! if u include quis, we are younger.. pavlovic is only 27 and troy is 30.. overall, it is still negligible unless u want to factor in luke... overall, great moves based on youth and athleticism.. danny stayed away from thw 35 yo like anthony parker who are more likely to get injured. same with powe (injury risk).. that has to be considered. the o'neils are ENOUGH! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Danny is "King of Cap-Space"

When will Celtics ownership raise his number to the Rafters???!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to THANK YOU BOSTON CELTICS MANAGEMENT AND OWNERSHIP!:
    [QUOTE]What a thrill the last 7 days have been for us Celtics fans ! So maybe Danny can get to work on the Ray Allen extension right away ? (smirk) What do you think they're saying in Miami, Chicago, NY and LA ? The Celtics just got younger and deeper and their offense is about to become the highest scoring in the entire NBA NO ONE will be able to keep up with this team once they get their offense oiled up..... Getting Jeff Green/Kristic/Troy Murphy/Pavlovian and a #1 pick is like adding Joe Rudi and Rollie Fingers to the 1975-1978 era Red Sox.....closing the deals with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen is like Buddy Leroux & Haywood Sullivan remembering the deadline and getting Carlton Fisk's and Freddie Lynn's contracts out in the mail on time..... COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS ! SOMEBODY GIVE DANNY AINGE  A RAISE AND A NEW SET OF GOLF CLUBS !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

NY is a non factor and I don't know about Chicago. But word has it the Lakers (including) Kobe were shocked and thought the Perk trade was a terrible idea. And when the news hit the Heat locker room they erupted in cheer. At least that's what people are reporting.

I'll never understand this. But I should be used to it. It happens all the time in the Patriots forum. Where Belichick could promote Hoyer and trade Brady for a 5th rounder. And within weeks people would be talking about what a genius move it was. How we got younger and turned a 6th rounder into a 5th. The insanity would continue, with them attacking anyone who suggested the trade was bad idea. Belichick clearly knew something we didn't. Tom hasn't won a playoff game in years.  Yadda, yadda.

But that would be a little bit understandable. Bill has three rings. Danny Ainge? What the hell has he done to earn this kind of blind? I don't get it.

The Celtics are NOT a better team then they were three weeks ago. Hopefully they can still win a championship.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not a bad contrarian view but I disagree.  I think we are a better team now than 3 weeks ago.  I agree with you about Belichick, he made a lot of unconventional moves and able to adjust and plug holes as he goes but it is a different game with totally different dynamics. With almost 50 players and 3 phases of the game, rigid salary cap, and very short life span of players, Belichick can afford to let a decent but expensive player goes and quickly replaces him. Just not the same in NBA.  And I also agree that if someone pounce on anything negative about the Celtics or the GM Ainge, there will quickly be people that would jump on you like you have attacked a secred figure.

From what I have seen and the big question mark with Perks knee, I would say until the Celtics stumble or when Perks has proved to be more than just playing with a bunch of really good players here in Boston, then this is a good trade.  Ainge has made his fair share of mistakes and bad trades/picks/signings, but this one does not appear to be so at this time.