Thank you Clips

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Thank you Clips

oh well, trap game

heat will be ready tonight

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Heat in Denver on the end of a back to back where Lebron's ankle is hurt.  If Denver is focused (big if given what's going on in Denver), they have a good chance of beating the Heat.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Thank you Clips:
    [QUOTE]The Heat lose to the Clippers. Ha,ha,...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    the celtics lost to the cavs

ha, ha...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you Clips : the celtics lost to the cavs ha, ha...
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

It's much funnier when a top tier team loses to a gutter team, than when a gutter team loses to another one. 

Basically, the only time anyone cares about the Clippers or Cavaliers is when they beat one of the premier teams in the league.  Clips beating Miami is hilarious. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Clips are no longer a gutter team.  Clips have won 8 out of their last 11, I believe.  They won at Chicago, and beat Denver and Miami.  They have a lot of young good players and an experienced PG, not to mention the obvious rookie of the year and an exciting player for the league for years to come (Blake).  

Clippers are infinitely better than the Cavs, by the way.

Now - the fact that my Celts lost to the Cavs is only proof that the Celts can and sometimes do lose focus/interest when playing weak teams, taking them for granted.  The fact that the Heat lost to Clippers is different - in that it proves the Clippers are an up and coming team.  No shame in losing the the Clippers this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]Clips are no longer a gutter team.  Clips have won 8 out of their last 11, I believe.  They won at Chicago, and beat Denver and Miami.  They have a lot of young good players and an experienced PG, not to mention the obvious rookie of the year and an exciting player for the league for years to come (Blake).   Clippers are infinitely better than the Cavs, by the way. Now - the fact that my Celts lost to the Cavs is only proof that the Celts can and sometimes do lose focus/interest when playing weak teams, taking them for granted.  The fact that the Heat lost to Clippers is different - in that it proves the Clippers are an up and coming team.  No shame in losing the the Clippers this year.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I guess 'gutter team' is subjective.  They're the 3rd worst team (by record) in the Western conference, and have lost 2/3rds of their games.  While they have talent on their team, they're not even close to being a post-season team.  I hear what you're saying though, as they are capable of playing well, unlike some other teams in the NBA.  However, I still think the Clippers beating Miami is a MUCH greater feat than Cleveland beating the Clippers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank you Clips : I guess 'gutter team' is subjective.  They're the 3rd worst team (by record) in the Western conference, and have lost 2/3rds of their games.  While they have talent on their team, they're not even close to being a post-season team.  I hear what you're saying though, as they are capable of playing well, unlike some other teams in the NBA.  However, I still think the Clippers beating Miami is a MUCH greater feat than Cleveland beating the Clippers.
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "MUCh greater feat than Cleveland beating Boston"?  

In any case, I understand what you mean about the Clips.  If you judge their full year performance, they are not even close to being a post-season team.  If, however, you look at their recent performance, you'll see a rapidly improving team.  

Time will tell.  I'm not predicting they'll make the playoffs.  I'm not fighting you on that point.  I'm just suggesting that they are no longer the bottom of the league while the Cavs are definitely bottom of the league.

FYI, not to get too far off track....check out the Clippers February schedule.  Very tough.  They're going to have to grow up pretty fast!  That will test them!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

agreed celticsfan4life,

there is no shame in losing to a clippers team with that much talent...whether they put it all together, stay healthy, and live up to their potential is anyone's guess but they played their game of the year last night...congrats to them...they earned the win

but i believe that was a little wake up call to the heat who i think were coasting a bit...going through the motions

they will be ready tonight in denver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    What's good about this loss is that LeSchmuck ate his foot again talking about karma.
    Also, of course, Mia is back to 1 game behind Celtics.

AK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, What's good about this loss is that LeSchmuck ate his foot again talking about karma. Also, of course, Mia is back to 1 game behind Celtics. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]
    for now

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoneyShooter. Show MoneyShooter's posts

Blake Griffin is the future, no doubt. 
    p.s. anyone know why I made a thread about Kobe and MJ, that got deleted, but there are numerous threads about non-celtic issues that are here, including this one? Just curious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Even before the clips won a few games, they were obviously a team with potential and people followed them because of Griffin.  If I was the clips, I'd be looking to move baron davis for a younger pg I think.  I don't believe they can make the playoffs this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The Clippers can be a relevant team, Their record overall this year is not a true reflection of the Clips ability and talent. The problem was Baron Davis coming to camp completely out of shape and the injury to Chris Kaman.

But the Clipper troika of Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, and Baron Davis can make some noise. Their recent record proves how good they can be, beating San Antonio, Chicago, and now the Heat in recent games.

Injuries can take an outstanding team and make it marginal. Look at Portland and what they could have been. And Boston when Garnett is out...Losing to Houston with Yao and Martin out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Heat in Denver on the end of a back to back where Lebron's ankle is hurt.  If Denver is focused (big if given what's going on in Denver), they have a good chance of beating the Heat.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Denver focused?  Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

And by the way.  Blake Griffin is the real deal.  Out in LA, infomericials get higher ratings than Clipper games, but Griffin has me tuning in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Thank you Clips:
    [QUOTE]The Clips take down the Heat tonight. Yeah Baby.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta agree...they were getting a little too close to one of the last remaining records by the '71-72 Lakers. The 16 win road streak.

Nobody will touch the 33 game winning streak. Even Jeff Van Gumby had to back off that prediction...buffoon.