THANK YOU DANNY AINGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE

For all the great moves Ainge has made, to get rid of the tough/nasty Kendrick Perkins with a quarter of the season left was sickening. It will go down as the worse deal he's made, especially since the player's he received are softer than "Charmin."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : How about this, no shaq, no JO but Perk is not in the game in the last 5 minutes of the game. What good will Perk do if Doc can't use him in the last 5 minutes of the game?  Remember 2008, against the Hawks, the Celts were playing 3 vs. 5 when Perk and Rondo were in the game. That's why the Celts had to play Posey at PF and KG at Center.  Kendrick Perkins was a luxury the Celtics couldn't afford. If Perk agreed to the 4-year 22m offer then he would still be a Celtic right now. Come on, you really want to give Perk 36m for 4 years?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Aside from Shaq's contribution level, I think this trade still hinges on figuring out how to get the most out of Green for the playoffs. DA & Doc were both pointing out how Perk isn't even on the court in games down the stretch and how they now could go small like they did with Posey in 2008. Yet BBD has been and continues to be that guy. Plus, Green has been used to starting and OKC knew that he played better at the 4 than the 3, so the Celts need to figure his role out quick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to THANK YOU DANNY AINGE:
    [QUOTE]For your great bussines in Perk trade. Thanks for making us a mediocre team without chemistry and soul. Thank you Danny Ainge. You are really smart.
    Posted by Jokerblue[/QUOTE]

He took a big gamble and right now not looking like the right one

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I still have mixed feelings about the Perk trade. It may not have been good for the present which is very important as the C's are still championship contendors. On the flip side the trade does help the C's for the future as Perk was asking too much to me resigned. Secondly the C's get a future Clips 1st round pick. I say go for the present.
        A comment about Jeff Green since he's been discussed a lot on this thread. He was hot during the 1st half and Doc took him out of the game as he was sticking to his rotation schedule. I couldn't believe that he didn't leave Green in. He was the only guy at that point in the game that was making something good happen for the C's. I come from the rule of thumb to keep a hot player in the game until they cool down. Never put a hot player on the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

ruinedthe soul of this team

wish da and rivers leave  and take epstein with them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Although it may be true that Ainge is a risk taker; when he made the trade for Garnett he knew in advance that he was a great ball player, and when he made the trade for Ray Allen he knew that he was also a geat ball player. but Kristic and Jeff Green, come on. Is Danny that blind? Kristic has been around the league for quite a while now, and he wasnt good enough to start for OKC. What in the world did he expect to happen? That he would magically start playing great? He has a good attitude and tries hard, but he doesnt have the body, the speed, the quickness or anything to back that up with. Jeff Green was out of favor in OKC; they were looking to unload him as well. He was a defensive liability on that team; as evidenced by his +- record. This was just stupidity. In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE :
    Posted by richieg300[/QUOTE]

Great post and I agree with you.   The players that we acquired haven't really helped.  I still believe that losing TA was a big loss and another mistake that Danny made.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Terrapin...you can't see the forest for the trees. And the trees are falling fast! One FACT you forget is that last year they also had Wallace!
    Posted by ednr[/QUOTE]
    Yea, and what did he do except one good game in game 7. He was a complete distraction all year. The hilarious thing on here is if we lose in this series  we need to blow up this team. Yea, it would have been great keeping a no offensive center who doesn't now even play the final five minutes for his new team. That would have been the center of our future to build around. Next to him we have a no jumping, over weight 6-6 non-dunker and a point guard that can't shoot. We should have kept Tony Allen then we would have never scored a point. Somewhere along the line you must score the ball. What a team that would have been for the future. Ainge has loaded up all the money to be gone next year when Howard is a free agent and some others. I'm not saying we are getting him at all, but at least we could be a player. Some of you guys are real basketball geniuses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: THANK YOU DANNY AINGE : Yea, and what did he do except one good game in game 7. He was a complete distraction all year.
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

I actually really miss Rasheed Wallace and believe he could have helped this team during the playoffs this year.   He was a great help during the playoffs last year.   I had posted this many times, but I think he should have signed when the Celtics had open roster spots.  If was in reasonable shape and able to get playing time before the playoffs began, he could have helped during the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Without Perk, we have a real hole at Center now.