Thank you, Gerald Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Thank you, Gerald Wallace

This guy is the goods.

Check out his postgame locker room comments about the start of the game. Says guys weren't on the same page, they didn't compete, says, indirectly, that it was embarrasing and he doesn't want to be embarrassed.

Finally someone in a Celtic shirt that says in plain English what we've been eyeballing - Green, Bass, et.al., don't play hard. 

There's reasons why it was a lot easier watching the 4th quarter than to watch the 'starters' stagger through the first.

Bravo GW!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Thank you, Gerald Wallace

If he can shoot over 35% from three until trade time, he'll fetch a nice price.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

GW is a competitor.  Doesn't take off a game or a quarter or a shift or a possession. Love his manic energy.  Wish some of the younger players showed some. Oh, wait.  They did in the last Knicks game though the Knicks played without Anthony, Chandler and Felton.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I said earlier that despite his down year last year Crash is a good player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said earlier that despite his down year last year Crash is a good player.

[/QUOTE]

He has always been a good player. I agree with fierce, he is likely to be gone mid season when contending teams need an extra piece.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think GW is a keeper unless he brings us a young all-star.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think GW is a keeper unless he brings us a young all-star.

[/QUOTE]

A keeper for what? He makes 10 million a year for three more years I believe. He wants to be on a winning team.  Good trade deadline fodder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I  can see the appeal of a playoff team wanting g wallace cuz he is a good 2 way player. But I just cant see ANYONE taking on that contract. It has to be one of the worst if not the worst contract in the nba.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I  can see the appeal of a playoff team wanting g wallace cuz he is a good 2 way player. But I just cant see ANYONE taking on that contract. It has to be one of the worst if not the worst contract in the nba.  

[/QUOTE]

It is bad, but not as bad as paying Kobe 58 million over the next two years.  Ugh.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What's great about GW is he will be in demand by playoff teams." 

Yes, if GW continues to play this well he could be a good trade chip. I don't expect him to last the season as long as he plays at this unexpectedly high level. But - remember he's been playing against mostly scrubs so he could easily slump again. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I think this squad has a chance to be a bunch of fan favorites. As long as they go out there and visibly work hard, they will be likable. This might lead to them winning more games than they should like this year's sox, but I'm not seeing them being all that good. I just hope they aren't too OK for their own good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

GW is not a trade chip.

He has a huge overpriced contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

If you're right and Wallace is flippable for a first round pick ... Danny is a freaking magical wizzard.

That would be unbelievable.

But, doubt it happens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What teams could use Wallace the most?

Rockets: Could use a strong SF off the bench behind Chandler or play small ball with Wallace & Chandler?

Clippers: If Dudley is a bust ... maybe they could use a slasher, 3&D guy?

OKC: Could they use another scorer off the bench?

Nuggets: Maybe they need a SF with Gallo injured?

I just don't see any of this happening. They best option would be to con one of the stupid franchises into taking on his contract, someone like the Bucks, maybe Atlanta?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If he continues to play how he's looked, 10mil per for 3 years for a guy his age isn't that bad of a contract.  Remember, the nets paid him that based on his previous play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you're right and Wallace is flippable for a first round pick ... Danny is a freaking magical wizzard.

But, doubt it happens.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace "flipped" for a HIGH first round draft pick makes sense but anything later than 12th pick etc. is fodder and not a POTENTIAL all star (unless there is another Olynyk out there). Sell only when the price is right! Teams expected to need Wallace cannot be outside the lottery unless they own rights to a very good lottery pick! On the other hand we could use size inside and Wallace could be lumpted with another Celtics draft pick or player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GW is not a trade chip.

He has a huge overpriced contract.

[/QUOTE]

He will be a celtic for the next 3 years and a good one

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to moskk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But, doubt it happens.

[/QUOTE]

Wallace "flipped" for a HIGH first round draft pick makes sense but anything later than 12th pick etc. is fodder and not a POTENTIAL all star (unless there is another Olynyk out there). Sell only when the price is right! Teams expected to need Wallace cannot be outside the lottery unless they own rights to a very good lottery pick! On the other hand we could use size inside and Wallace could be lumpted with another Celtics draft pick or player.

[/QUOTE]

What? Anybody understand that?

Do you really think Wallace's value is a top 12 pick? Are you mad? Its debatable if he's worth anything at all. A month ago people were talking about sending him out with one of OUR first round picks just to clear the salary.

That wait troll bait, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to moskk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But, doubt it happens.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What? Anybody understand that?

Do you really think Wallace's value is a top 12 pick? Are you mad? Its debatable if he's worth anything at all. A month ago people were talking about sending him out with one of OUR first round picks just to clear the salary.

That wait troll bait, right?

[/QUOTE]

Wallace could be traded for a guy that has a simliar bad contract for lesser years. The guy is a good player.  Stranger things have happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he continues to play how he's looked, 10mil per for 3 years for a guy his age isn't that bad of a contract.  Remember, the nets paid him that based on his previous play.

[/QUOTE] YES

GW came ready to play.. he is worth his$$ for sure. Plays both ends of the court, is athletic, has great work ethic and attitude... why not keep him ..you won't get a better trade!  He doesn't have to win it all..look at the teams he has played for. Just a stand-up guy who is willing to lay it on the line!  JMO

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason why GW has to go is the Celts already have Jeff Green.

Can't pay 2 SFs 19m per year.

Paying GW 10m per year when the Celts are clearly a lottery team is not practical.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1 I am guessing DA and GW have already spoken about this as well! DA likely said - play hard and I will trade you to a team / city where you will have a chance to shine in the playoffs! Win win for the Cs and GW!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason why GW has to go is the Celts already have Jeff Green.

Can't pay 2 SFs 19m per year.

Paying GW 10m per year when the Celts are clearly a lottery team is not practical.

[/QUOTE]

So trade Jeff Green.

I'd rather have Wallace.

25. This post has been removed.