That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please

In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please:
    [QUOTE]yup it was def ainge out there on the floor playing.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

dude, ainge was responsible for putting the team on the floor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : That isn't the point.  You think a team that lost 4 games to 1 would have won the series with Perkins?  Say that with a straight face.  Dare you,
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

the point was that Perkins would have been a better person to have available to put in a game...vs. an old, injured Shaq.  I dare you to say that Shaq is a better choice over Perkins. I dare you.....lolSmile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : It's not mental breakdown, KG and Ray just got old. That's what the NBA Draft is for, to replace the old and injured. Even Paul Pierce will show signs being an old player next season. This series reminds me of the east finals in 2008. The Pistons hung in there but eventually succumbed to the much hungrier Boston Celtics team.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree about age, but it's only part of the story. I also agree with  GuyfromTexas' post. 

Age + minutes played + injuries = not ready to run with a younger team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Perkins would have probably provided better interior defense, which is an area where Miami thrived.  He may have affected Miami attacking the rim but that would not have made ANY DIFFERENCE in this outcome.

Bottom line, we lack the mental toughness, were too old and our Big 3 just can no longer carry us like they once could.

We lacked mental toughness vs Miami.  We lacked that toughness and it was evident by all the jump shots we took.  Even when we attacked the rim, we tried to "lay the ball in" instead of having the "mental"-ity to dunk.  A microcosm was that 2-on-1 break with Ray and KG.  KG should have dunked on the pass from Ray but he was so far past the basket that he tried to throw up a kind of reverse layup that Lebron got a piece of.  Lebron never fouled KG.  Then KG promptly went to the FT line and clanged both FTs.  2-on-1 break and we get nothing from it because we don't go hard to the rim.  Delonte was the only player who plays with aggression and with that mentality.  When he goes to the rim, he goes with force and you see the results.

Jeff Green, as athletic as he is, also lacks the mental toughness.  This guy gets to the rim and tries to "lay the ball in".  Unbelievable.  He doesn't want to force anything.  I kept screaming at my tv, "dunk the ball".  Same for KG.

Our Big 3 is too old and needs major support from everyone else or we just cannot compete.  When you're up by 6 with a little more than 4 minutes remaining to stave off being eliminated and you get smoked 16 - 0 to close the game, that is having NO legs which translates to old age.  Up by 6 with 4 minutes to go, we are supposed to bring that home.  However, we don't score for the rest of the season.  Amazing.

Sidenote:  KG's game has seemed to deterioate overnight. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : I think that exhaustion had a lot do with the mental breakdowns. Doc has just playing KG, Pierce, and Allen way too much. You are right. The Celtics get eliminated and the world gives more respect for them. The Lakers get humiliated than humiliate themselves further with cheapshots and the whole world looks at them like a bunch of punks.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the exhaustion.  The entire season of playing KG, Pierce and Allen too many minutes really caught up with them during this series.  A combination of injuries and not being able to rely on the bench resulted with the big 4 playing excessive minutes the entire season.  It was very discouraging to see the Celtics lose both game 4 and 5, since they were leading most of way in these games and just weren't able to score in the last few minutes.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Vets win you games to a point.  But there is a tipping point between poise under pressure and too worn out to execute. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Fire Ainge? I don't think so.

Although M.L. Carr is looking for a job. Maybe Rico is campaigning for him to come back and restore some lost 'pride'.

Ainge is the best GM Boston have had in a long time. Certainly worth keeping IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HandyHenry. Show HandyHenry's posts

Ainge was Not on the floor, Heat were a the better team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

bad trade bad timing

da and rivers should both go
    Boston needs new blood  big time

btw take epstein and francona with ya

old with no bench to back em up

rr was not good in this series  wild passes and reckless shots.

as rr goes so goes the team

same big 4 next yr

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : the point was that Perkins would have been a better person to have available to put in a game...vs. an old, injured Shaq.  I dare you to say that Shaq is a better choice over Perkins. I dare you.....lol
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

I thought the point was that Ainge should be fired because the Celtics lost to the Heat.  Which has nothing to do with Having Kendrick Perkins on the floor.  If that wasn't the point why don't you try again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

We need two players...drum roll...bill russell and john havlicek. seriously though a big decision is whether to keep j green and if so then he needs to step up and become a starter or play major minutes between the 3 and 4 so that it's always a combo of pierce and green or kg and green on the floor. the 2 players we need are a zac randolph beast-type who can bang and score and a reliable combo guard who can spot for rondo for 12 mpg and also cover the 2 spot for 12-16 mpg. can pierce move to the 2 and bring ray off the bench? if so, could green fill the 3 spot and on defense cover the 2? (prob not) bbd--he played with heart in the past but this 2nd season he was found lacking. i think he can be a spot rotation player but to be the first big off the bench? no way--upgrade needed. dwest--i do like his heart and hustle but his health is an issue and he is getting older. we need to know if bradley is ready to play 15-20 significant mpg. it would great if we could roll out rr, av, and jg at times and run.

like others, i question why doc doesn't use the early season to really work in some of the younger/newer guys--kind of like how the last 2 seasons went only in reverse--maybe struggle some early because of guys learning their roles and integrating them into the flow and sub patterns and then putting it altogether the final 25-30 games and peaking as the playoffs begin. the vets will be fresher, the newer guys will have confidence, everyone knows their role and when things get tight we have reliable options to step in and get it done.

no one was more disappointed than me in the way it ended this year--getting blown off the court 16-0 to finish the game. but since all the main guys are back including doc--well we've gotta find a way. i will only be satisfied with a title. i grew up with russ, sam, havlicek, satch et al. what i choose to remember about this era is the 39 point victory in a closeout game against the lakers--in which the lakers quit on the floor. it is surely one of the greatest victories in celtic history--probably 2nd only to the game 7 victory in la in 1969.

one question i do have is do you think rondo becomes available if we can get ??
    i don't dislike him and admire his guts but his inablility or unwillingness to hit his free throws and become a reliable jump shooter makes him flawed, imo.

final note: like everyone else, if we had to exit early at least the lakers won't win. every remaining team has a celtic connection: tonyallen, rickcarlise, eddie house, tomthibedeau, joejohnson,perk--go celtics!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : Watch the OKC vs. Memphis series and you'll realize the Celts are just plain old. I mean those players from OKC and Memphis doesn't wait for the ball to come down after a miss, they grab it in the air like they're on a trampoline! Rondo is one the better rebounding guards in the NBA right now. But I'm pretty sure 10 years from now he will not rebound like the way he's rebounding now.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

True.  what we are seing is a passing of the guard. The spurs, Lakers and Celtics all got old and the young teams have been in the league long enough that they are learning how to win. 

And the Celtics were as mentally tough as it gets. Hitting three pointers at 50%(Ray) having throw back games (pierce, KG) and of course Rondo, Dwest, JO, and even Shaq playing hurt. Tougness physical or mental wasn't our problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from friendlygolden. Show friendlygolden's posts

Shaq will be ready to play in the next game.   :)

Shaq was done 2 years ago....I'm sure glad Ainge isn't spending my money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

This has nothing to do with the trade.
    Our defense has been great this series (and all season long).

We couldn't execute in transition this series. How often Perkins made a point on a break?
    We couldn't score in the last minutes. Who many points scored in the last minutes of a game? Actually, how often was he on the floor the last minutes?

Doc didn't trust his bench. When he got minutes in game 5 Kristic delivered.
    Why not bring in Pav, Arrory or even Bradley to put some pressure on the Heats ballhandler bringing the ball upcourt?

The big 3 are old. They simply cannot carry the team against two of the best athlets in the league on their one. They needed help, but there was none besides West (and Green in stretches). Rondo was terrible in this series, injured or not, if you're on the court you have to play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : I thought the point was that Ainge should be fired because the Celtics lost to the Heat.  Which has nothing to do with Having Kendrick Perkins on the floor.  If that wasn't the point why don't you try again.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

LMAO.  Yeah, riiiiight. Did Ainge know about the age thing at the beginning of the season? Was he the reason for the Shaq pick up? Was Ainge responsible for the trade?  Hmmm. Check. Check. Check. Fire the dude.Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]This has nothing to do with the trade. Our defense has been great this series (and all season long). We couldn't execute in transition this series. How often Perkins made a point on a break? We couldn't score in the last minutes. Who many points scored in the last minutes of a game? Actually, how often was he on the floor the last minutes? Doc didn't trust his bench. When he got minutes in game 5 Kristic delivered. Why not bring in Pav, Arrory or even Bradley to put some pressure on the Heats ballhandler bringing the ball upcourt? The big 3 are old. They simply cannot carry the team against two of the best athlets in the league on their one. They needed help, but there was none besides West (and Green in stretches). Rondo was terrible in this series, injured or not, if you're on the court you have to play.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

yeah, but even you conceded the big 3 was old. Adding Shaq made the Celts younger? If Perkins was on the team, wouldn't he have been able to put minutes on the floor?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : If Perkins was on the team, wouldn't he have been able to put minutes on the floor?

Well, some minutes for sure. Not that much though, as you can see if watching the thunder. Also no points in crunch time or in transition, which was out problem this series. Also, we didn't trade Shaq for Perk. We traded Green and Kristic. The latter just proofed today that he is no stiff. Doc just was not able to use his bench.

Our problem was offense, not defense. Perkins would helped us in that area. Actually, he isn't helping the thunder much either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Like before, the trade was at the wrong time. the team was winning
    and not struggling as much before the trade. I really think the trade
    messed up the chemistry and the trust the team had. O f course the
    injuries hurt, but if there's good chemistry and trust I certainly would
    not have jacked that up at all. You do something like that later not
    when you got 1/3 of the season left, especially for what you traded
    for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

I AGREE 100%    AINGE IS AN IDIOT    DID YOU SEE THAT LAST PASS FROM PIERCE TO GREEN? GREEN ALWAYS LOOKS LOST AND OUT OF TOUCH.    THAT WHOLE TRADE OF PERKINS, ROBINSON, ERDIN AND HARANGODY WAS A HUGE BONEHEADED MOVE AND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON, NO LESS.  ALSO LETTING TONY ALLEN AND EDDIE HOUSE GO ADDS TO THE DISFUNCTIONAL MOVES HE MADE  n Response to That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please:
    [QUOTE]Simply to/  GETTING GREEN, KRSTIC, PERTROVIC, AND MURPHY???  IS HE KIDDING?  HOW MANY NETS REJECTS ARE IN THERE?                                                                                               No old. Trading Perkins should be Ainge's pink slip.
    Posed by anonymis[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfaninnewyork. Show soxfaninnewyork's posts

RIGHT.  WITH SOME OF THE GOOD THINGS RONDO DOES, HE NEGATES THEM WITH MISSED FOUL SHOTS, BAD PASSES, MISSED LAYUPS.  HE CANNOT PLAY ALMOST THE WHOLE GAME, WHICH HE DOES NOW SINCE NATE WAS TRADED.  GIVE AINGE THE PINK SLIP.  WHERE IS RED NOW THAT WE NEED HIM?      Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : yeah, but even you conceded the big 3 was old. Adding Shaq made the Celts younger? If Perkins was on the team, wouldn't he have been able to put minutes on the floor?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Lets not forget about the Thunder pick we got in the trade. 2012 draft is going to be a big one, with all the players staying back. Lets hope the Clippers can finish outside the bottom ten, so we get the pick. If we get a great player, than Danny looks like a genuis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

How do you take a player who has trouble managing his fouls, has hands of stone, no moves and is an undersized 5 and make him a legend?

Trade him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please : Pretty much. Perks value to OKC isn't even really his play. It enabled them to move Serge Ibaka to his natural PF position and he's a beast and he is really young with mega upside.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I agree, Perk was not traded for by the Thunder to be a scoring threat, just to be a physical defender who could neutralize the likes of Bynum, Aldrige, Nene, etc. They got enough scoring with Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, etc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from njcelt. Show njcelt's posts

[QUOTE]Signing PP to a muti-year deal is the worst move that DA made.  Letting Thibs go and keeping Doc was the second worst. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. I don't think much of Doc Rivers as a coach.
    Any coach could have taken that 2008 team to a championship.
    Last year and this year show what kind of a coach he is.