That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please

In Response to Re: That Was An Ugly Ending - Fire Ainge Please:
    [QUOTE]Like before, the trade was at the wrong time. the team was winning and not struggling as much before the trade. I really think the trade messed up the chemistry and the trust the team had. O f course the injuries hurt, but if there's good chemistry and trust I certainly would not have jacked that up at all. You do something like that later not when you got 1/3 of the season left, especially for what you traded for.
    Posted by cdwright[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.   Definitely not the time to disrupt team chemistry. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Can we put an end to this Perkins trade / Fire Danny Ainge talk?  Really, it's stupid.  Last year, we get to game 7 of the finals, but injuries derailed us.  EVERYONE was saying, we need to sign some big men.  Well who were the big men available last year in free agency?  There were none, so we had to get JO and Shaq. 

While the Perkins trade can be deemed a failure this season because of Shaq's injury, that is not Ainge's fault.  Go back to our roster the day before Perkins was traded.  JO was hurt, Delonte was hurt, Marquise Daniels was hurt.  We had Luke Harongody, Semih Erden, Big baby, Von Wafer, Nate, and Bradley.  Were those players going to do anything?  Anything?? 

The Celts won a title 3 years ago because of Ainge.  Even IF he made the wrong moves this past year, give the man a break.  Miami (and to a lesser extent, Chicago) is the only team that significantly improved their roster.  Yall need to chill the fluck out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbillard. Show rbillard's posts

Keep Ainge Please. I am 75 and remember all the GMs for the Celtics and Danny is the best after Red. Red said that Danny had good basketball instincts and was lucky. The Celtics rely on defense with a little offense. The game is heading toward more outside shooting and our shooters are good but getting old. I hope the Celtics draft a shooter especially if he is from BYU, if he is still available.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beemrdon52. Show beemrdon52's posts

'Nuff said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TMoody11. Show TMoody11's posts

Look at all of the closet GM's in here talking about firing Ainge...the Perkins trade was a bust...blah, blah, blah.  STOP IT.  Perkins played, what, 14 games before getting hurt..then he was traded.  And, lets not forget HE WAS A FREE AGENT THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO RESIGN!!!  So, you get a talented 24 y.o. Green, Kristic and a 2013 pick of the Clippers, through OKC (Which is lottery protected, I believe).  So, how is this really a bad trade?  Why, because Green had to learn a whole new system, with no real practice time, in 20+ games before the play-offs?  Come on, give the kid a break.  Talk to me after next year when he is fully assimilated in to the offence & defence. Here's something else to chew on regarding that trade...how was Shaq playing up until that point?  He was having a solid year, far exceeding anything that Perk had done at any point in his career.  

So, they add a YOUNG player...to go with Rondo...now, they need to find a couple of young pieces to fit into this roster through the draft (think Center position) and FA.  Who know's, with that OKC pick the following year, Doc could be coaching his son...

The Celtics lost this series because they did not execute on offence. They got away from what worked early in the game by working Garnett down low, driving to the basket. Everyone can now stop using the Perkin's trade as an excuse...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mogli. Show mogli's posts

[QUOTE]Perkins would not have done anything!!!!! Doc screwed this up when he changed the line up in the 4th.  They went to jumpers versus driving.  
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    That's right. The same thing happened in the 2010 Game 7. Outside jumpers and Pierce slashing to the net hoping to at least get fouled. What was completely missing was the pick and roll. The majority of points scored in the NBA are off the pick and roll and it disappeared in both 4th quarters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emcar. Show emcar's posts

Perk always made a difference when he played here.  He was a good rebounder and very good interior defender.  To say they would have won with him is unknowable, but he would have helped and in two of those games having someone defend the rim might have made a big difference.  The trade may not be THE reason, but it was a contributing factor.  You traded the guy everyone said would have made the difference against the Lakers in last years final, and all of sudden he becomes worthless this year.  No consistency in that argument.  It would have been different if they got something back for him. By the way, as far as krystic goes, he provided NO interior defensive presence.  Erdan, another player Danny traded, was a better defender.  Danny hurt the team with that trade, mentally and physically.  I say this as someone who like Danny, and does not think he should be fired, BUT he blew this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetefromNorthofBoston. Show PetefromNorthofBoston's posts

Perkins would not have affected all the perimeter shots the Heat were hitting late in games for a number of reasons.  (He was usually on the bench late in games to avoid the Hack-a-Perk system, and that he would almost always be called for a foul (often acurate) on any drives made by the opponents to the hoop or 2 foul shot or an And 1 sitiuation.)  Boston was in most of the games and had leads late. 

Perk was a good player, he had some definite skills that he brought to the table but being an offensive threat was clearly not one of them.  Teams could defend 5 on 4, and when Rondo is not shooting, it becomes 5 on 3 for defense.  That made any shot attempts by the other 3 very hard to get off.

Boston lost the series with the Heat when Rondo took that fall.  With a healthy Rondo they win Game 4, and are able to have him on the floor in the 4th quarter of game 5, in which they had a 6 point lead with a few minutes to go.  The Celtics missed a number of easy shots, and then had turnover after turnover as the game got away.

Shaq's injury was also a key factor, since he was still an offensive threat that had to be covered and was a good target for passes.  His skill at passing out of the post to an open teammate as he drew double teams was also excellent and often discounted.  His absence really hurt the flow of the offense for the C's.

Injuries, age and missed layups led to their early exit.  The trade was not the problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Absolutely, DA is a clueless mentally challenged executive who enjoys being reckless and foolish because he thinks he is so cool. Fire this clown immediately!! the problem with the Celtics was rebounding. No rebounding , no rings. You don't get rid of your defensive presence in the post and one of your rebounders for a pathetically weak swing man who plays with no heart and no courage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Perkins would not have affected all the perimeter shots the Heat were hitting late in games for a number of reasons.  (He was usually on the bench late in games to avoid the Hack-a-Perk system, and that he would almost always be called for a foul (often acurate) on any drives made by the opponents to the hoop or 2 foul shot or an And 1 sitiuation.)  Boston was in most of the games and had leads late.  Perk was a good player, he had some definite skills that he brought to the table but being an offensive threat was clearly not one of them.  Teams could defend 5 on 4, and when Rondo is not shooting, it becomes 5 on 3 for defense.  That made any shot attempts by the other 3 very hard to get off. Boston lost the series with the Heat when Rondo took that fall.  With a healthy Rondo they win Game 4, and are able to have him on the floor in the 4th quarter of game 5, in which they had a 6 point lead with a few minutes to go.  The Celtics missed a number of easy shots, and then had turnover after turnover as the game got away. Shaq's injury was also a key factor, since he was still an offensive threat that had to be covered and was a good target for passes.  His skill at passing out of the post to an open teammate as he drew double teams was also excellent and often discounted.  His absence really hurt the flow of the offense for the C's. Injuries, age and missed layups led to their early exit.  The trade was not the problem.
    Posted by PetefromNorthofBoston[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of good analysis in your post.  I especially agree that injuries, age, missed layups....and TURNOVERS hurt us.  Gotta give Miami some of the credit for that.

However, Perk would have helped.  You have to admit he's a better defensive player and rebounder than a non-existent Shaq and Krstic and a sometimes playing JON.  He may have kept Anthony off the Boards a little and provided some better interior D when those guys went to the hole.....you think?  I'm not sure if we win or not, but you have to admit he at least helps when we had essentially no center most of the time.

I'm not a "fire Danny" guy (I think he's making a positive difference overall), but I do admit Danny's moves were a gamble that Shaq would be healthy and if i were him, I'd get some NEW TEAM DOCTORs!!!!   That was a bad gamble and Danny should have known better (39 year old, 320 lb, often injured the last 3 years and out for an extended period when Danny made the trade).  In addition, Danny's draft choices were bad for the last 3 years and that hurt us, as well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDogg. Show TheDogg's posts

NOT>  Were we better before Danny came here?  lemmesee.... Antoinne, Paul, who else?  thats what I thought

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shoota79. Show shoota79's posts

Fire Danny? Are you bleeping kidding me?When Ainge took over the Cs were in the middle of yet another suck season.Celts were a joke for 20 odd years he built a championship team (worst 2 first) on the fly.I for one trust that Danny has a PLAN to keep the Cs from falling off the map again.AS 4 the Perk trade...pls folks stop acting like it would've mattered against the Heat.Perk is a OK role player @ best . Cs lost 2 the Heat because their Stars outplayed ours.Simple as that  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsrule. Show Sportsrule's posts

Ainge helped the Celtics a lot. The Perkins trade was actually good. The reason we lost isn't because of Ainge. Its just that the Celtics were a little weak on offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticreuven. Show celticreuven's posts

I used to think Ainge was good.  But he made a big gamble, knowing this was probably our last chance for a championship.  It all just turned out wrong.  For this, he should be FIRED.  ABSOLUTELY FIRED.  It pisses me off seeing Tony Allen making good contributions in Memphis.  Why, oh why, would Ainge mess up such a good thing?  (However, maybe we would of ended up like the Spurs.)  I don't care, fire the guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

yes, he is the worst gm in basketball; the guy is a CLOWN; we need rebounds and interior defense; i am tired of hearing about how good Jeff Green is. Jeff Green has more ability than Perkins but he is one tenth the player. Jeff Green is a turnover in critical moments waiting to happen.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

How soon they forget.

Danny got us that Championship and gave us back our winters. I've watched every Celtic game since he made the move. I love 'em, but I wasn't dropping whatever else I was doing to watch Antoine Walker.

Thanks Danny.

Now we got to pay the bill for those good years. It's not too bad. One more season to let the contracts expire. We'll hoist some retired numbers instead.