That's how you do it lakers...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

That's how you do it lakers...

that's how you win ONE game against Dallas.

hahaha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Re: That's how you do it lakers...

hmmmmm..... werent the celtics swept by dallas this season also?  LOL

At least, the Lakers can say that they beat them within the past year.  Cool

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

There are a lot of things to winning. It not only requires talent, the refs' calls, and momentum & chemistry, but injuries also have an impact. When Dallas met the Lakers, the former were on a roll while the latter were still struggling with internal issues. 2 of those games could have gone either way.

Laker keys to losing: 1) Kobe has diminished with nagging injuries that have taken away his shooting touch & explosiveness, 2) Kobe had reverted back to hogging the ball, destroying chemistry & rhythm, 3) Pau Gasol had some personal issues affecting his game (rumor has it his woman dumped him), 4) Artest was total trash this year, even sabotaging games (focused on partying & music), 5) Bench of Brown, Blake & Barnes went to the toilet). 6) Phil Jackson checked out before the playoffs began. Add this up & you get a sweep from a hungrier team.

Cuban had stacked his team with a lot of talent. Remember, Cuban was able to extract 3 quality players from Washington because the latter franchise was gutting its team to save dough. Caron Butler, Heywood, and Stevenson from the Wizards were already going to an over-loaded Maverick team. Owners like Cuban with unlimited resources have an advantage over smaller markets or owners with limited resources. The additions of Chandler and Marion made for a formidable team.

In the end, the Lakers (for all their current troubles) went to the finals the past 3 years and won 2 titles with 5 total this decade. I have nothing to complain about when put in perspective.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: That's how you do it lakers...:
    [QUOTE]There are a lot of things to winning. It not only requires talent, the refs' calls, and momentum & chemistry, but injuries also have an impact. When Dallas met the Lakers, the former were on a roll while the latter were still struggling with internal issues. 2 of those games could have gone either way. Laker keys to losing: 1) Kobe has diminished with nagging injuries that have taken away his shooting touch & explosiveness, 2) Kobe had reverted back to hogging the ball, destroying chemistry & rhythm, 3) Pau Gasol had some personal issues affecting his game (rumor has it his woman dumped him), 4) Artest was total trash this year, even sabotaging games (focused on partying & music), 5) Bench of Brown, Blake & Barnes went to the toilet). 6) Phil Jackson checked out before the playoffs began. Add this up & you get a sweep from a hungrier team. Cuban had stacked his team with a lot of talent. Remember, Cuban was able to extract 3 quality players from Washington because the latter franchise was gutting its team to save dough. Caron Butler, Heywood, and Stevenson from the Wizards were already going to an over-loaded Maverick team. Owners like Cuban with unlimited resources have an advantage over smaller markets or owners with limited resources. The additions of Chandler and Marion made for a formidable team. In the end, the Lakers (for all their current troubles) went to the finals the past 3 years and won 2 titles with 5 total this decade. I have nothing to complain about when put in perspective.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Your comments on Phil Jackson were interesting. If I was a Laker fan, I would have been quite upset (and I'm sure you were) when he made the comment he was glad the season was over. I thought it was a very strange thing to say after losing. Even if he felt that way he should have kept it to himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]hmmmmm..... werent the celtics swept by dallas this season also?  LOL At least, the Lakers can say that they beat them within the past year. 
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

You make a good point.  I had already posted that if the Celtics had made it to the NBA finals this year and if they were playing Dallas, it would be a bad matchup for the Celtics.  We don't usually win many games against Dallas during the regular season and it wouldn't be any easier during the playoffs.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]hmmmmm..... werent the celtics swept by dallas this season also?  LOL At least, the Lakers can say that they beat them within the past year. 
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]
    I had completely forgotten that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's how you do it lakers... : I had completely forgotten that.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

I had stated previously, in another post, that if the Celtics had indeed made it to the NBA finals this year and were facing Dallas, it would be impossible to defeat them.  They haven't won many games against Dallas in the past few years and they are always a tough match up for them.  Not sure what the record is during the big 3 era, but I would imagine that Dallas has won most of those games by a large margin. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: That's how you do it lakers... : I had stated previously, in another post, that if the Celtics had indeed made it to the NBA finals this year and were facing Dallas, it would be impossible to defeat them.  They haven't won many games against Dallas in the past few years and they are always a tough match up for them.  Not sure what the record is during the big 3 era, but I would imagine that Dallas has won most of those games by a large margin. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Interesting. Because up until this postseason Dallas had never really posed much of a threat to the Lakers. Thus the dismissive attitudes among fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Yes, that's true, we lost both games to Dallas by an average of 3 points; @ Dal by 2 pts and @ Bos by 4.

How about your record vs the team that eliminated us?  Swept 0-2 by an average of 11 points, including a Christmas day embarrasment at home.  Yet this team couldn't even sweep our old butts.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, that's true, we lost both games to Dallas by an average of 3 points; @ Dal by 2 pts and @ Bos by 4. How about your record vs the team that eliminated us?  Swept 0-2 by an average of 11 points, including a Christmas day embarrasment at home.  Yet this team couldn't even sweep our old butts.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Laughing

Sad that you brought up this conversation and now have to refer to Miami. Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

[QUOTE]There are a lot of things to winning. It not only requires talent, the refs' calls, and momentum & chemistry, but injuries also have an impact. When Dallas met the Lakers, the former were on a roll while the latter were still struggling with internal issues. 2 of those games could have gone either way. Laker keys to losing: 1) Kobe has diminished with nagging injuries that have taken away his shooting touch & explosiveness, 2) Kobe had reverted back to hogging the ball, destroying chemistry & rhythm, 3) Pau Gasol had some personal issues affecting his game (rumor has it his woman dumped him), 4) Artest was total trash this year, even sabotaging games (focused on partying & music), 5) Bench of Brown, Blake & Barnes went to the toilet). 6) Phil Jackson checked out before the playoffs began. Add this up & you get a sweep from a hungrier team. Cuban had stacked his team with a lot of talent. Remember, Cuban was able to extract 3 quality players from Washington because the latter franchise was gutting its team to save dough. Caron Butler, Heywood, and Stevenson from the Wizards were already going to an over-loaded Maverick team. Owners like Cuban with unlimited resources have an advantage over smaller markets or owners with limited resources. The additions of Chandler and Marion made for a formidable team. In the end, the Lakers (for all their current troubles) went to the finals the past 3 years and won 2 titles with 5 total this decade. I have nothing to complain about when put in perspective.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail on all fronts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

5 titles since 2000....I'll take that every time!

Boston.....1 title in 24 years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]5 titles since 2000....I'll take that every time! Boston.....1 title in 24 years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOT

Get ready for the mike Dunleavy era HAHAHHAHAHAA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to That's how you do it lakers...:
    [QUOTE]that's how you win ONE game against Dallas. hahaha
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

yeah, the Lakers are done. The Thunder will rule the west for the next ten years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]5 titles since 2000....I'll take that every time! Boston.....1 title in 24 years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

So your Lakers have won 5 titles since 1988, that makes it 5 in 24 years.  We have 1 in that same time period.

I know, you're going to say that 5 is more than 1.

Well.... I say 17 is more than 11 so.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You have been second place to us for the past 50 years, and always will be.
    Not smart for the 2nd place guy to come to the 1st place guys' board, you will always LOSE!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!