The 86 team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

The 86 team

I kept telling all who would listen that DA/Papile didn't know what they were doing.   They haven't made any astute (? maybe VWafer) since RR.   What was that, 4 yrs ago?   Before that, only 2nd round players.   No draftees stick.
       I still don't mind Krystic/Green.   But, DA/Papile only want the C's to be a jump shooting team.   Anyone who plays b-ball, knows you want to get some easy baskets.   How?   Fast breaks and inside scoring.   Only inside scorer is KG and everyone who knows players knows that KG isn't really a post-up player.   Shaq hasn't been healthy for a whole season for a couple yrs.   Neither JON.  
       Recent blunders:   Brad Miller is a much better outside shooter and passer than JON.   JON's defensive abilities and shooting has been way behind him.   T Murphy also has been way over the hill for at least a couple of yrs.   TM is another Raef Lafrenz.   Slow and bad shooter.   No D.   No inside threat.   None of you can convince me that LPowe wouldn't have been a better pick up that TM.   He is a good inside player, goes to the line often, and is a high energy player.   Was it DA's ego, inability to judge talent or both that made him make the same mistake twice in not having LP on this team.   Pavlovic is also a basketball scrub.   He should only be on 10 day contracts and have been let go by now.
       All DA had to build was the best bench in the league.   Don't need any all-stars for the bench.   All he has done is aquire a bunch of slow jump shooters who can't shoot under pressure and can't play D, and can't get to the line.   This is why I call this team the 86 team.   They can't score more than 86 points   They don't have any fire power off the bench.   The Boston 3 don't have any help.   If they don't have big games, then the C's are toast.   When the C's won it all, they had Posey and House shooting off the bench.   Powe raising heck on the low block.   And BB being active all over the place.   Sure DW is the back up pg we needed, but DA keeps subtracting to add!   The result is a minus.   The C's can't score more than 86 points to save their lives.   Krystic isn't a post player.   Nobody off the bench is a potent outside shooter.   The C's aren't feared for an inside/outside offense from their bench.   Other teams loved it when DA/Papile broke up the championship bench (for those who hate on Posey, we should have seen failure before letting him go.   The C's had such good chemistry)?   DA let the championship team go to his head.   C's were bad for 6 yrs before the Boston 3, and haven't improved since.
       Lafrenz, RDavis, Telfair, Murphy, Pavlovic, NRobinson for 3 bodies, signing Blount for 7yrs, Scal for 5, and maybe worse of all Vin Baker!   These are not just bad signings, but you notice that these players were so poor that they left the league after being on the C's.   Nobody else wanted them (not if they were trying to be a good team).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Re: The 86 team

Krystic is down.   Shaq hurting again!   Who to step up!!   JON back from injuries!   Where is DA's big aquisition Troy Murphy?   He aquired someone who is a waste of bench space.   6'11" who is shooting ? 40% and is soft as cottonelle and slower than ketchup.......
       Who did I suggest to draft last June?   That is correct.   Jordan Crawford, Mr dunk over LBJ.   Tripple double last week and another game of ? 30 something points.   I know that he wouldn't be a main go to guy for the C's this yr, but he could give more off the bench than just minutes a la ABradley.   JC played pg when he got the tripple.   He did take some shots that were ill-advised, but he did mostly good things leading his team to victory against the ? cavs.   C's could use his scoring potential off the bench much more than what AB can bring.   Predictions:  AB won't be w/ the C's @ end of his current contract and TM nor Pavlic will be w/ the C's next yr.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

What does this have to do with the 86 team?

To be fair, they signed Murphy to keep him away from MIA.  Once he signed, Powe didn't want to sign here.

To be fair, DA was right about Posey.  He signed a 4 yr deal, and is floundering in his third.

To be fair, they looked at Brad Miller, and couldn't afford him.

Vin Baker, I don't think, was Danny's project - Wallace maybe!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

86 means that is all the points the C's can score.   They have no consistant fire power other than the 60 points that you get from the Boston3.   In the big games, RR doesn't score.   JG has scored some, but the C's are a jump shooting team.   Since the championship season, the C's score less inside (see LPowe), get less offensive boards (LP, BB, Posey was a opportunist loose ball retriever), and they have no other outside shooters (nobody is shaking @ DWest and JG going crazy on them)
       I knew (and most of you did too), that when the C's had Hawks up by 12 -15pts last wk, then Hawks were gonna come back.   Why?   C's had 60 pts in mid 3rd Q.   C's were then only good for bout 25pts for the rest of game.  DA has given C's less of bench over past 3yrs.
       I feel DA is more of the 18 losses in a row GM, than the championship one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: The 86 team:
    [QUOTE]   86 means that is all the points the C's can score.   They have no consistant fire power other than the 60 points that you get from the Boston3.   In the big games, RR doesn't score.   JG has scored some, but the C's are a jump shooting team.   Since the championship season, the C's score less inside (see LPowe), get less offensive boards (LP, BB, Posey was a opportunist loose ball retriever), and they have no other outside shooters (nobody is shaking @ DWest and JG going crazy on them)    I knew (and most of you did too), that when the C's had Hawks up by 12 -15pts last wk, then Hawks were gonna come back.   Why?   C's had 60 pts in mid 3rd Q.   C's were then only good for bout 25pts for the rest of game.  DA has given C's less of bench over past 3yrs.    I feel DA is more of the 18 losses in a row GM, than the championship one.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Posey is done, and Powe has been hurt for two years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

With Powes pains, at least he gets on the court and contributes his greater than 60% shooting.   All TMurphy does is sit on the bench.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

I can't wait until the playoffs start because there will be some die hard saying this is the year of the 69 Celtics.  Who will it be?  My money is on the headcase Rondowski!  Let's not forget at age 20 Rondowski is a War Vet!!!  lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytoineRicoPudTroll. Show kytoineRicoPudTroll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The 86 team : Yeah, some people exaggerate a lot on here.  We had one troll once, this is funny, who told us he was a plastic surgeon.  After he got banned for like the 100th time, he threatened to sue with his Beverly Hills Attorneys............funny stuff, right GK??
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I think GK is his own person. I think the one behind a lot of the usernames is Martini who has probably lived in Boston, Kentucky, and now Los Angeles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Docc

You are welcome to your opinion, but your posting it over and over is getting tiresome.  If you'd rather have Chris Wallace, you can root for Memphis.  Meanwhile Danny has one of the better drafting records in the league, but you ignore it every time I name names -- and I have no idea if Leo Papile is still even involved with the team, although you seem to think he and Danny are Siamese twins.  And if you can name one GM who hasn't ever passed up drafting someone who turned out to be good for some one who turned out not to be as good, that will be the first.

I think Grosbek/Pagliucci/Ainge/Rivers represents the best owner/management team the Celts have had since Mangurian/Auerbach/KC Jones.  And I am happy to still be around to see it.

In the meantime, I'll shut up and ignore your rants.

cheers --

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kytoineRicoPudTroll. Show kytoineRicoPudTroll's posts

"Disagree - martini is gone......................I think greeneater is GK!"

Martini's objective was to make Boston fans feel bad about themselves. I don't think a guy like that just leaves.

Greeneater writes too well to be gk.

Rico, Pud, and ky sound very similar. GK was actually kind of funny at times with his pictures. He was annoying with his Pro-Laker trash talk, but if you didn't get nasty with him, he wouldn't with you. He seems to be the one who has disappeared, not Martini. GK was upfront with his style. The Rico-ky ones are much more into playing mind games.

Fierce is obviously a sincere and passionate Celtic fan. He took care of ky quite admirably by fetching all those crazy posts from the past. Ky may not be Martini. It's impossible to prove. Yet they both play similar games. They get kicks out of hurting others. I didn't get that vibe from GK, except when he felt he had been unfairly attacked. Maybe GK got tired of posting on Boston forums and is hanging out where he belongs, on Laker forums.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]"Disagree - martini is gone......................I think greeneater is GK!" Martini's objective was to make Boston fans feel bad about themselves. I don't think a guy like that just leaves. Greeneater writes too well to be gk. Rico, Pud, and ky sound very similar. GK was actually kind of funny at times with his pictures. He was annoying with his Pro-Laker trash talk, but if you didn't get nasty with him, he wouldn't with you. He seems to be the one who has disappeared, not Martini. GK was upfront with his style. The Rico-ky ones are much more into playing mind games. Fierce is obviously a sincere and passionate Celtic fan. He took care of ky quite admirably by fetching all those crazy posts from the past. Ky may not be Martini. It's impossible to prove. Yet they both play similar games. They get kicks out of hurting others. I didn't get that vibe from GK, except when he felt he had been unfairly attacked. Maybe GK got tired of posting on Boston forums and is hanging out where he belongs, on Laker forums.
    Posted by kytoineRicoPudTroll[/QUOTE]

Ok, I get it now.  Know what I mean, nudge, nudge?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no time for your long winded diatribes sorry. Tighten it up next time. 

Yes, Powe in retrospect would have been better than Murphy, but Ainge thought Shaq would be healthy. But either one would not be impacting this team much either way. Your infatuation with Posey shows you are out of your mind.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Wow, I thought this would be a discussion of the 1986 Celts, the best team I have ever had the pleasure to follow, all the way to NBA title number 16.  Sorry its just another neagtive thread about Ainge and Co.