The Big Three

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Big Three

Don't know about you but I am sick of the Miami "Big 3" .  Why can't they come up with their own nickname?   The Celtics are the Big 3 and have a championship to show for it and probably another one this year.  Maybe the Heat should be called the "Dynamic Duo" since Bosh is just an afterthought.  He is just riding on the coat tails of the other two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: The Big Three

Wasnt Bird, Parrish, McHale the Big 3?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Yes it was but years ago. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to The Big Three:
    [QUOTE]Don't know about you but I am sick of the Miami "Big 3" .  Why can't they come up with their own nickname?   The Celtics are the Big 3 and have a championship to show for it and probably another one this year.  Maybe the Heat should be called the "Dynamic Duo" since Bosh is just an afterthought.  He is just riding on the coat tails of the other two.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Nothing about the Miami or Celtics BIG3 is a BIG3.  The old Celtics big 3 was called the big 3 because they were ummmm... BIG.

Bosh is an afterthought kind of like Ray Allen is afterthought.  Bosh has been an all-star every year he has been in the league.  He is KG without the defense and the punk-a$$ attitude.  Afterthought that happens to be scoring 18 ppg at 50% shooting and 8 boards on a team that has 3 other guys averaging 7 (in other words there are fewer rebounds available for Bosh to retrieve).

If the title BIG 3 was some sort of get three stars and call yourselves the BIG 3 then Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde the Glide probably qualify.

How about Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman or Jordan, Pippen, and Grant?

How about Shaq, Penny, and Grant?

How about Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, etc.

How about Bird, McHale, Chief, DJ, Danny, Walton, etc.

How about Chauncy, 'sheed, Ben, Rip, and Prince, etc. (4 all-stars)

The fraudulent Heat destroyed the Knicks, with another tenth of a second the Cs don't beat the Knicks..... fraudulent Heat?

The Cs 12 in a row, the Heat 11 in a row.  In their respective streaks the Cs have beaten the Knicks - the only team I would consider decent at this point.  During the Heat streak they destroyed the Knicks (not requiring a last second shot) and they also beat Utah in Utah.

In their streaks they both beat the Hawks.

The Heat won 9 straight by at least 10 ppg, one short of the record.  They only beat LeBron's prior team by a few points and then came back and wiped out the Knicks otherwise they would have broken the record for most consecutive wins by more than 10 ppg. 

I have heard over and over and over again that the Heat are very susceptible to teams with good point guards and good centers.  Funny though they have the best point guard in the league.  A week or so ago they beat the team with perhaps the best point guard in the league on that team's home court.... oh and they beat the team with the best center in the east twice.

I think that at this point the Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, and Jazz are the best teams but the Heat are certainly in the mix as one of the best teams.

So when all is said and done from my perspective, I would like to only call teams that actually have 3 BIGs as opposed to debating whether there are 3 stars and then qualifying that scenario by debating whether the 3 stars are actually stars.

What is even more ridiculous is that at times last year there were people saying that the Cs were actually the BIG 5... while Rondo could easily be replaced by just about anyone in the league that can make a jumper and or a foul shot and at least 15 centers that are not a turnover waiting to happen.

What all of this really points to is that there are words that are used to cavalierly.... I remember a few years ago there was a headline that went something like this "Wizards Star Blatche Arrested blah blah blah" as if Blatche was a star and that simply by virtue of being in the league players are stars, at the time he was probably averaging 2 points and 2 boards.....

Other times we hear how so and so is a "great player" while at the same time there is a player on the same roster who in a couple of years will be better than that "great" player and how the "sky is the limit" and "perennial all-star" and 7 or 8 years later the player has never been an all-star and or has played on teams that have been in the lottery every year of their respective careers.

There were the twin towers  - Ralph and Hakeem, the BIG 3 - Larry, Kevin, and Chief... the rest is 21st century hype-sensationalism-drama-and of course ratings.......  I am sure you were probably watching Tommy with d*ck in hand slobbering over Tommy's buffoonery while the national guys were saying that I cannot understand why anyone would even guard Rond(wh)o.... there was a game last year where the Cs were playing OKC and Rondo made a runner in the lane and Tommy said if Rondo can learn to make that shot consistently he will be in the hall of fame in his seventh year - Tommy was probably blocked out (as he likes to claim several times per game) when Westbrook completely controlled the game in the paint making pull-up jumpers, runners, and actual foul shots throughout the game.... my post after the game was that if Rondo can learn that and goes into the hall of fame in year 7 - then Westbrook should immediately be inducted in his second year.  Now he is in his 3rd year and is leaps and bounds better than Rondo.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Re: The Big Three:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Big Three : Nothing about the Miami or Celtics BIG3 is a BIG3.  The old Celtics big 3 was called the big 3 because they were ummmm... BIG. Bosh is an afterthought kind of like Ray Allen is afterthought.  Bosh has been an all-star every year he has been in the league.  He is KG without the defense and the punk-a$$ attitude.  Afterthought that happens to be scoring 18 ppg at 50% shooting and 8 boards on a team that has 3 other guys averaging 7 (in other words there are fewer rebounds available for Bosh to retrieve).   If the title BIG 3 was some sort of get three stars and call yourselves the BIG 3 then Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde the Glide probably qualify. How about Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman or Jordan, Pippen, and Grant? How about Shaq, Penny, and Grant? How about Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, etc. How about Bird, McHale, Chief, DJ, Danny, Walton, etc. How about Chauncy, 'sheed, Ben, Rip, and Prince, etc. (4 all-stars) The fraudulent Heat destroyed the Knicks, with another tenth of a second the Cs don't beat the Knicks..... fraudulent Heat? The Cs 12 in a row, the Heat 11 in a row.  In their respective streaks the Cs have beaten the Knicks - the only team I would consider decent at this point.  During the Heat streak they destroyed the Knicks (not requiring a last second shot) and they also beat Utah in Utah. In their streaks they both beat the Hawks. The Heat won 9 straight by at least 10 ppg, one short of the record.  They only beat LeBron's prior team by a few points and then came back and wiped out the Knicks otherwise they would have broken the record for most consecutive wins by more than 10 ppg.  I have heard over and over and over again that the Heat are very susceptible to teams with good point guards and good centers.  Funny though they have the best point guard in the league.  A week or so ago they beat the team with perhaps the best point guard in the league on that team's home court.... oh and they beat the team with the best center in the east twice. I think that at this point the Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, and Jazz are the best teams but the Heat are certainly in the mix as one of the best teams. So when all is said and done from my perspective, I would like to only call teams that actually have 3 BIGs as opposed to debating whether there are 3 stars and then qualifying that scenario by debating whether the 3 stars are actually stars. What is even more ridiculous is that at times last year there were people saying that the Cs were actually the BIG 5... while Rondo could easily be replaced by just about anyone in the league that can make a jumper and or a foul shot and at least 15 centers that are not a turnover waiting to happen. What all of this really points to is that there are words that are used to cavalierly.... I remember a few years ago there was a headline that went something like this "Wizards Star Blatche Arrested blah blah blah" as if Blatche was a star and that simply by virtue of being in the league players are stars, at the time he was probably averaging 2 points and 2 boards..... Other times we hear how so and so is a "great player" while at the same time there is a player on the same roster who in a couple of years will be better than that "great" player and how the "sky is the limit" and "perennial all-star" and 7 or 8 years later the player has never been an all-star and or has played on teams that have been in the lottery every year of their respective careers. There were the twin towers  - Ralph and Hakeem, the BIG 3 - Larry, Kevin, and Chief... the rest is 21st century hype-sensationalism-drama-and of course ratings.......  I am sure you were probably watching Tommy with d*ck in hand slobbering over Tommy's buffoonery while the national guys were saying that I cannot understand why anyone would even guard Rond(wh)o.... there was a game last year where the Cs were playing OKC and Rondo made a runner in the lane and Tommy said if Rondo can learn to make that shot consistently he will be in the hall of fame in his seventh year - Tommy was probably blocked out (as he likes to claim several times per game) when Westbrook completely controlled the game in the paint making pull-up jumpers, runners, and actual foul shots throughout the game.... my post after the game was that if Rondo can learn that and goes into the hall of fame in year 7 - then Westbrook should immediately be inducted in his second year.  Now he is in his 3rd year and is leaps and bounds better than Rondo.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

HOW ABOUT BOSTON CELTICS BEATING MIAMI NOT ONCE BUT TWICE ALREADY THIS SEASON!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to The Big Three : Nothing about the Miami or Celtics BIG3 is a BIG3.  The old Celtics big 3 was called the big 3 because they were ummmm... BIG. Bosh is an afterthought kind of like Ray Allen is afterthought.  Bosh has been an all-star every year he has been in the league.  He is KG without the defense and the punk-a$$ attitude.  Afterthought that happens to be scoring 18 ppg at 50% shooting and 8 boards on a team that has 3 other guys averaging 7 (in other words there are fewer rebounds available for Bosh to retrieve).   If the title BIG 3 was some sort of get three stars and call yourselves the BIG 3 then Barkley, Hakeem, and Clyde the Glide probably qualify. How about Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman or Jordan, Pippen, and Grant? How about Shaq, Penny, and Grant? How about Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, etc. How about Bird, McHale, Chief, DJ, Danny, Walton, etc. How about Chauncy, 'sheed, Ben, Rip, and Prince, etc. (4 all-stars) The fraudulent Heat destroyed the Knicks, with another tenth of a second the Cs don't beat the Knicks..... fraudulent Heat? The Cs 12 in a row, the Heat 11 in a row.  In their respective streaks the Cs have beaten the Knicks - the only team I would consider decent at this point.  During the Heat streak they destroyed the Knicks (not requiring a last second shot) and they also beat Utah in Utah. In their streaks they both beat the Hawks. The Heat won 9 straight by at least 10 ppg, one short of the record.  They only beat LeBron's prior team by a few points and then came back and wiped out the Knicks otherwise they would have broken the record for most consecutive wins by more than 10 ppg.  I have heard over and over and over again that the Heat are very susceptible to teams with good point guards and good centers.  Funny though they have the best point guard in the league.  A week or so ago they beat the team with perhaps the best point guard in the league on that team's home court.... oh and they beat the team with the best center in the east twice. I think that at this point the Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, Mavs, and Jazz are the best teams but the Heat are certainly in the mix as one of the best teams. So when all is said and done from my perspective, I would like to only call teams that actually have 3 BIGs as opposed to debating whether there are 3 stars and then qualifying that scenario by debating whether the 3 stars are actually stars. What is even more ridiculous is that at times last year there were people saying that the Cs were actually the BIG 5... while Rondo could easily be replaced by just about anyone in the league that can make a jumper and or a foul shot and at least 15 centers that are not a turnover waiting to happen. What all of this really points to is that there are words that are used to cavalierly.... I remember a few years ago there was a headline that went something like this "Wizards Star Blatche Arrested blah blah blah" as if Blatche was a star and that simply by virtue of being in the league players are stars, at the time he was probably averaging 2 points and 2 boards..... Other times we hear how so and so is a "great player" while at the same time there is a player on the same roster who in a couple of years will be better than that "great" player and how the "sky is the limit" and "perennial all-star" and 7 or 8 years later the player has never been an all-star and or has played on teams that have been in the lottery every year of their respective careers. There were the twin towers  - Ralph and Hakeem, the BIG 3 - Larry, Kevin, and Chief... the rest is 21st century hype-sensationalism-drama-and of course ratings.......  I am sure you were probably watching Tommy with d*ck in hand slobbering over Tommy's buffoonery while the national guys were saying that I cannot understand why anyone would even guard Rond(wh)o.... there was a game last year where the Cs were playing OKC and Rondo made a runner in the lane and Tommy said if Rondo can learn to make that shot consistently he will be in the hall of fame in his seventh year - Tommy was probably blocked out (as he likes to claim several times per game) when Westbrook completely controlled the game in the paint making pull-up jumpers, runners, and actual foul shots throughout the game.... my post after the game was that if Rondo can learn that and goes into the hall of fame in year 7 - then Westbrook should immediately be inducted in his second year.  Now he is in his 3rd year and is leaps and bounds better than Rondo.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTe
    First off BOZO  I don't live anywhere near Boston so I don't watch Tommy.  Second you usually show up when the C's are losing.  Can't believe your around spewing your crap again. Your analysis just shows you are a complete idiot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Dud---you can't attack Tommy, the guy is a celtics forever, he was under the Celtics payroll before you were born....why can't you understand that?

What do you expect Tommy to say? Trash his organization?... it's his bread and butter. He bleeds green, a real green indoctrination.
    He is not a fly by night celtics sportscaster like Donny Marshall. So beat it, turn your head at the other way and continue attacking Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

wow.......I don't even comprehend this..........of course I stopped reading one third into the posts.....not taking a shot at anyone....just too many runon sentences and conflicting stuff...maybe it's me...I will never put down any poster who puts a lot of thought and time into their posts....maybe I'm just having an off night...I will say that, while I might not agree with all the posts on this board, I do respect every poster!  .....keep 'em coming my friends...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dud---you can't attack Tommy, the guy is a celtics forever, he was under the Celtics payroll before you were born....why can't you understand that? What do you expect Tommy to say? Trash his organization?... it's his bread and butter. He bleeds green, a real green indoctrination. He is not a fly by night celtics sportscaster like Donny Marshall. So beat it, turn your head at the other way and continue attacking Rondo.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

If Tommy added one sentence of insight into what was actually happening it might be worth listening to his blowhardness but he has three topics - how the refs are idiots, how things were when he played, and how they just run all the time.........  re. his first thoughts - time after time after time the replay shows that there was clearly a foul and Tommy just ignores it and makes some stupid comments which Mike then has to come up with some quip to bail Tommy out, re. his second thoughts - what happened when he was playing is completely irrelevant, re. his 3rd thoughts - Tommy fails to realize that there are about 6 or 7 guys (combined offense and defense) around the 3 point line at all times and that enables teams to get back that much quicker thereby minimizing running opportunities - the best teams in the league average prob about 18 points per game on fast breaks but somehow he thinks that is the whole game...... no objectivity, no insight, no value - bye bye Tommy your time has passed and the game has passed you by.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Big Three : If Tommy added one sentence of insight into what was actually happening it might be worth listening to his blowhardness but he has three topics - how the refs are idiots, how things were when he played, and how they just run all the time.........  re. his first thoughts - time after time after time the replay shows that there was clearly a foul and Tommy just ignores it and makes some stupid comments which Mike then has to come up with some quip to bail Tommy out, re. his second thoughts - what happened when he was playing is completely irrelevant, re. his 3rd thoughts - Tommy fails to realize that there are about 6 or 7 guys (combined offense and defense) around the 3 point line at all times and that enables teams to get back that much quicker thereby minimizing running opportunities - the best teams in the league average prob about 18 points per game on fast breaks but somehow he thinks that is the whole game...... no objectivity, no insight, no value - bye bye Tommy your time has passed and the game has passed you by.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

It may have passed tommy by, but you never had it at all.  You understand less about basketball than anyone I have ever seen.