The Bradley effect.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The Bradley effect.

Just read a fantastic fan post on Celtics Blog about why Avery Bradley has such a postivie effect on our team.  

Basically, it breaks down like this. The Celtics defense is ranked 11th in the league. Pretty good,  but not dominating.  By shot clock the Celtics defense is most vulnerable in the first 10 seconds. Get a shot against us then and our defense is bad. After 10 seconds, our defense becomes one of the best in the league. Meaning if teams can beat us in transition or get into a set before we set our defense up, they can score against us. Otherwise, we become dominating.  

The Bradley effect. Avery changes all of this because of his ball pressure. He makes teams struggle to bring the ball up the court, giving the Celtics time to set up their defense. In the three games since his return ( a small sample size) The Celtics defense is giving up just over 83 points a game. Which were it sustained, falls into the all time great defense zone.

Interesting stat: counting the regular season last year, with Bradley and Bass starting the Celtics are 18-6. 

The piece was writtern before bradley's return. 

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/30/3818006/why-bradley-matters

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: The Bradley effect.

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just read a fantastic fan post on Celtics Blog about why Avery Bradley has such a postivie effect on our team.  

Basically it breaks down like this. The Celtics defense is ranked 11th in the league. Pretty good,  but not dominating.  By shot clock the Celtics defense is most vulnerable in the first 10 seconds. Get a shot against us then and our defense is bad. After 10 seconds, our defense becomes one of the best in the league, meaning if teams can beat us in transition or get into a set before we set our defense up, they can score against us. Otherwise we become dominating.  

The Bradley effect. Avery changes all of this because of his ball pressure. He makes teams struggle to bring the ball up the court, giving the Celtics time to set up their defense. In the three games ( a small sample size) The Celtics defense is giving up just over 83 points a game. Which, were it sustained is in the all time great defense zone.

Interesting stat counting the Regular season last year, with Bradley and Bass starting the Celtics are 18-6.

The piece was writtern before bradley's return. 

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/12/30/3818006/why-bradley-matters

[/QUOTE]

Good post and I believe this is right on.... I really dont want to give up AB.... way to valuable on the defensive end...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I will trade him ASAP -- he might be able to recover next year but I doubt he can help this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

spot on. Just like Scal said, he is one of those players that should get 30 min a game even if he doesnt score a basket for us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will trade him ASAP -- he might be able to recover next year but I doubt he can help this year.

[/QUOTE]

umm..hes already helped us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

rebounding is an issue to. lack of offensive rebounding leads to fast breaks, which is leading to us getting scored on inside of 10 seconds. if we can get back, we can set up our D. but we're getting killed on the glass on the offensive end. well, pretty much everywhere. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Over the past two seasons, that disruptive ball pressure has been the calling card of the Celtics' defense when Bradley has been healthy. In three games this season coming into the game against the Knicks, Boston has starved opposing offenses when Bradley is on the court, allowing just 86.5 points per 100 possessions. How good is that? Indiana has the best defensive rating in the NBA this season at 98.9 points per 100 possessions

Overrated?   I think not.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

AB is going nowhere. He's the best on the ball defender in the NBA.

I think the Bradley effect is spot on in regards to the shot clock. Now Rondo can get in passing lanes. No wonder the entire dynamics of the team changed when RA was benched last year. I'm quite confident with a healthy AB last year we beat the HEAT.