The Bulls Just Made it Worse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse

In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse:
    [QUOTE]RUWorthy, you seem to have your sights set on your girlfriends boyfriend (Noah clone) ...naughty, naughty.. I once read your post commenting on the Celtics weak bench in the early 80's.. then noticed you are in your mid 20's.  How did you observe this and gain insight to such things before being born? 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

hehehe he knows I love him a friend. He's way too cool for me.

LOL, early 20's Smile, just turned 22.

I'm a history nerd. I enjoy all history but have an unhealthy interest in World War Two, the Space Race and Italian art.

I grew up watching videos of Lakers/Celtics games from the 80's as my Dad is a huge Celtics fan, as are both my brothers. So I grew up with a real appreciation for basketball in the 80's.

I also own the 84/85 Lakers DVD box set and the Dynasty Collection DVD. Which is a nice upgrade from VHS.

Read a lot of books about the era as well. Focusing on both the Lakers and Celtics teams. The Magic/Bird book When The Game Was Ours is brilliant as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : hehehe he knows I love him a friend. He's way too cool for me. LOL, early 20's , just turned 22. I'm a history nerd. I enjoy all history but have an unhealthy interest in World War Two, the Space Race and Italian art. I grew up watching videos of Lakers/Celtics games from the 80's as my Dad is a huge Celtics fan, as are both my brothers. So I grew up with a real appreciation for basketball in the 80's. I also own the 84/85 Lakers DVD box set and the Dynasty Collection DVD. Which is a nice upgrade from VHS. Read a lot of books about the era as well. Focusing on both the Lakers and Celtics teams. The Magic/Bird book When The Game Was Ours is brilliant as well.  
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

22..wow, I could be put in jail just for posting to you LOL

Anyway, great to see such an avid basketball fan like you.. I like reading your posts cause they usually are relevant to the thread and you know your stuff.. Amazed at your age (and frankly being female) that you are so informed about the older days.. Impressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Thanks, it's appreciated.

LOL, that's cool! I think Duke was surprised as well. We're now facebook buddies Laughing

Try to contribute my best to threads. I love visiting here because I like reading what most of the people here have to say. It's like looking into the opponents camp in a fun way. Plus I get many Lakers fans off side with my opinions about Bryant. Really can't stand him as a person at all. And there's way too much blind hero worship for him. The Lakers forums can be a bit painful at times. Love discussing my team, but mainly do that with my sister as we're equally mad Lakers fans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, it's appreciated. LOL, that's cool! I think Duke was surprised as well. We're now facebook buddies Try to contribute my best to threads. I love visiting here because I like reading what most of the people here have to say. It's like looking into the opponents camp in a fun way. Plus I get many Lakers fans off side with my opinions about Bryant. Really can't stand him as a person at all. And there's way too much blind hero worship for him. The Lakers forums can be a bit painful at times. Love discussing my team, but mainly do that with my sister as we're equally mad Lakers fans.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

We need to work on your converting from a Laker fan...   why such a fanatic when you hate their "superstar" so much? You need to slide on over to the wild side with the Celtics...

I agree with the blind hero worship, sometimes people just refuse to see whats right in front of their eyes. That and cliches  are annoying to me, especially when they dont fit but are thrown around regardless/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : We need to work on your converting from a Laker fan...   why such a fanatic when you hate their "superstar" so much? You need to slide on over to the wild side with the Celtics... I agree with the blind hero worship, sometimes people just refuse to see whats right in front of their eyes. That and cliches  are annoying to me, especially when they dont fit but are thrown around regardless/
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Been supporting The Lakers all my life. With Bryant it's a case of cheer the jersey not the player. Pau is a great Laker and is someone I love to support, also like Luke and Derek Fisher a lot. Also don't mind Artest, but the guy really does have a lot of demons in his life. Really don't envy that guy, I really do think he trys so hard to make himself a better human being.

I don't mind The Celtics at all though, wasn't happy seeing them win in 2008, but was happy to see my Dad and brothers happy with the result. I don't mind losing a championship to win the next two. Hard when you have family who support another team in the finals, as you don't celebrate too wildly when they beat your Dad or Brothers team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : Rondo didn't dislocate his elbow until Game 3. The Celts were already down 0-2 when Rondo dislocated his elbow. Who had a broken foot among the Celts?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

This doom and Gloom junk is really stupid.      JO had a broken wrist.   Shaq had the equivalent of a broken foot -Rondo the elbow,  West the shoulder...    The Celts were 0-2  having lost 2 (close) AWAY games...     no big deal.   Even with injuries   games were close.    Healthy the Celtics would have won.        Health does become more problematic with age BUT declaring the C's no longer championship caliber is way premature.     Off season healing of JO,   a little luck on the injury front - and some positive development of Kristic, Green and Rondo  -  The Celtics could easily be in the thick of the playoffs next year.    If you really believe this team is done then the only rational option would be to blow the team up today -  trade KG, Rondo Pierce and Ray Allen away for draft picks or young legs - and maybe get to be as good as the,  ohhh maybe, the Hawks, in three or four years.    

I'ld put money today on the C's getting past the first round next year - the second round if the starting 5 are healthy.  That puts them in the conference championship and  clearly "championship caliber" for at least another season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : This doom and Gloom junk is really stupid.      JO had a broken wrist.   Shaq had the equivalent of a broken foot -Rondo the elbow,  West the shoulder...    The Celts were 0-2  having lost 2 (close) AWAY games...     no big deal.   Even with injuries   games were close.    Healthy the Celtics would have won.        Health does become more problematic with age BUT declaring the C's no longer championship caliber is way premature.     Off season healing of JO,   a little luck on the injury front - and some positive development of Kristic, Green and Rondo  -  The Celtics could easily be in the thick of the playoffs next year.    If you really believe this team is done then the only rational option would be to blow the team up today -  trade KG, Rondo Pierce and Ray Allen away for draft picks or young legs - and maybe get to be as good as the,  ohhh maybe, the Hawks, in three or four years.     I'ld put money today on the C's getting past the first round next year - the second round if the starting 5 are healthy.  That puts them in the conference championship and  clearly "championship caliber" for at least another season.
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

For sure, I thought at the beginning of the season that Boston were favourites because of their depth. However injuries bought their season undone.

Full strength and healthy Celtic team wins the championship this year. But it's rare that everyone is fit and healthy at this time of the season.

Age played some factor with the injuries. Plus the loss in cohesion when Perkins was traded didn't help things from that perspective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : I'm talking about October 2010, not May 2011. Back then JO wasn't hurt. Most of the fans here had the Bulls as the 4th or 5th seed heading into this season. Nobody here believed the Bulls would be this good back then. You just started posting on March 3, 2011. So I can't know for sure what you had to say about the Bulls back in October 2010. Jeff Green is good a player. How good that remains to be seen. We will find out next season.  
    The Bulls were missing Boozer for about 30 games and as soon as he came back they lost Noah for about 30 games - they were the #1 and could have walked away with it absent those injuries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]IM pretty sure if Rose broke his elbow and if Noah had a broken foot they'd lose to the Heat as well
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

The series was over before Rondo got hurt.  Stop the drama of Rondo's injury, he was an embarrassment in game when he thought he would school Bibby... what a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : This doom and Gloom junk is really stupid.      JO had a broken wrist.   Shaq had the equivalent of a broken foot -Rondo the elbow,  West the shoulder...    The Celts were 0-2  having lost 2 (close) AWAY games...     no big deal.   Even with injuries   games were close.    Healthy the Celtics would have won.        Health does become more problematic with age BUT declaring the C's no longer championship caliber is way premature.     Off season healing of JO,   a little luck on the injury front - and some positive development of Kristic, Green and Rondo  -  The Celtics could easily be in the thick of the playoffs next year.    If you really believe this team is done then the only rational option would be to blow the team up today -  trade KG, Rondo Pierce and Ray Allen away for draft picks or young legs - and maybe get to be as good as the,  ohhh maybe, the Hawks, in three or four years.     I'ld put money today on the C's getting past the first round next year - the second round if the starting 5 are healthy.  That puts them in the conference championship and  clearly "championship caliber" for at least another season.
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

They were 33 and 10 with Shaq.... imagine what that record would have been without Shaq........ the Cs are a 500 team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hey Fierce,

Celtics played 2 homes games vs. the Heat

They won one by 16 and lost one by 8 (in overtime!)

The Bulls played 2 home games vs. the Heat

They won one by 21 and lost one by 10 (in regulation)

Pretty EVEN to our series so far

let's see how the Bulls do in Miami, where the Celtics lost by 9-10-11 after holding leads halfway through the 4th quarter in 2 games and having a James Jones shooting explosion and Paul Pierce ejection/the wrong flagrant calls made doom them in the other.

Pretty sure it was our lack of rest for the big 3 (so they can have 4th quarter legs), a legit Center, rondo's elbow, the stagger to the finish line (that lost us homecourt), and a lack of cohesion amongst the bench that lost us the series.

If we can have all those things fixed next year we have another shot at a title. It is plain to see we have assets and moves that can be made and Perk for Green will look MUCH better 6 months from now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the bulls were the best team in basketball at home

by that measure...they werent all that good on the road

which means miami should hold serve

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : Did you know the Celts got outrebounded 28-45 in Game 4?  Overtime or not the Celts didn't deserve to win Game 4.

Did you know we had more 3's, more assists, twice the blocks, almost double the fastbreak points, less turnovers, less personal fouls and miami had the only technical?

Overtime is overtime.

1 lebron james missed Ft or 1 KG made bucket in that game and we likely take Miami to game 7.

a game 7...all with: JON playing w/ a fracture in his wrist, Shaq a non-factor, Green still not properly utilized in tyhe system, Baby fat and useless post-injuries AND the Rondo elbow drama

Give the negativity a rest Fierce, you are one of the more knowledgable posters and real fans here, we don't need a summer of doom and gloom.

Get a real center, solidify the bench (PP the 6th man), Rondo improves his shot, we drastically cut the mins of the big 3, add a youthful contributor (Avery or our pick), Green becomes a 35 min, 18 point guy... and bam... we can be right there again next year

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Bulls Just Made it Worse : It's not doom and gloom, rame. I don't think an NBA team won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds per game. We also can't get a real Center because we only have the MLE to offer. Chris Kaman will cost 12m and Samuel Dalembert will likely get at least 9m per year. And as long as Pierce and Ray are still Celtic players there's no way Jeff Green is going to get 35 minutes per game. I'm just being realistic. The Heat, Bulls, Knicks, and even the Sixers will only get better next year. We had a great run, now it's over. 

It is doom and gloom

save it for August when we see what Danyn has done.

Between now and 2013 we have the clippers pick in the teens. We have our own 3 1st rd picks. We have a 20 yr old Avery Bradley and the Cavs 2nd rd pick in the 30's.

and 35-40 million in expiring contracts next season.

Baby and Krstic hold SOME value in sign and trades.

All that SCREAMS for DA to make some moves.

I'll wait and pass judgement when we see the roster.

17. This post has been removed.