The case for a more balance approach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The case for a more balance approach

"The all-or-nothing view of defense -- that you're either a defensive team or you're not -- has come and gone. Instead of selling its soul for the sake of defense, every contender is now seeking to perfect the blend between defense and offense. The best coaches insist on balanced half-court offense that will enable the defense to set up at the other end, and they demand defense that will create easy scores in transition."

There is a nice article on Si.com that illustrates the strategy by all the top contenders to go with a more balanced approach to building a winning team.
    And what Danny had in mind all along with all his "crazy" moves.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ian_thomsen/03/04/sixth.man/index.html#ixzz1FfKSrzaq

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: The case for a more balance approach

Good thing our Defense is team oriented and not dependant on One person.  I think we will still have the # 1 defense in the playoffs once the new guys learn the cohesive, help defense we employ.

We are also # 1 in FG percentage being the only team that shoots over 50% and that number may be on the rise...so we are still the top offensive and defensive team in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Boston is achieving that balance. They are better offensively then they were before. Now, the new guys have to buy into the team defense scheme. If they don't buy into it, I don't think they will win it all. I hope they work their tails off on the defensive end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Good post Ortiz. I think you make an excellent point. This very well may have been what Danny had in mind with the trades.