The Celtics are now the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

The Celtics are now the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference

Moving on up.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: The Celtics are now the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference

Does anyone remember the horse that came in 2nd to Secretariat at the Belmont?   No.

The gap between Miami, Chicago, and Indy (I'm not sold on Brooklyn) and the rest of the East is enormous.

If you seriously think the Celts could get past any one of those 3 in the playoffs you're kidding yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Definitely not this year, but do you suppose during that little time where they decline and whomever gets the top players this year begin to gel...do we have enough talent to make a run in like 3 years if we keep this cast?

Oh, btw, have you seen chicago play this year?  Not looking as good so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone remember the horse that came in 2nd to Secretariat at the Belmont?   No.

The gap between Miami, Chicago, and Indy (I'm not sold on Brooklyn) and the rest of the East is enormous.

If you seriously think the Celts could get past any one of those 3 in the playoffs you're kidding yourself.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sold on Chicago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Well, we already beat the Heat in Miami. Chicago does not impress me at all.  Indiana is hot right now but they can be had in a seven game series. I think these CELTICS are for real and they will be a FORCE in the playoffs - maybe even make a run to the FINALS where ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Not giving up on BANNER #18 yet this year. GO CELTICS BOSTON STRONG!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Celtics have played well the last few games but you really can't evaluate them until sometime in January.  I will be surprised  if they are still winning games and the 4th seed in the East.  If this happens then they would have a good chance of making the playoffs.  I just don't see it happening.  Still way too early in the season to predict the Celtics standings at the end of the season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, we already beat the Heat in Miami. Chicago does not impress me at all.  Indiana is hot right now but they can be had in a seven game series. I think these CELTICS are for real and they will be a FORCE in the playoffs - maybe even make a run to the FINALS where ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! Not giving up on BANNER #18 yet this year. GO CELTICS BOSTON STRONG!

[/QUOTE]

As much as I'm a Celtics fan they right now can not beat Indiana in a 7 game series. Albeit they did beat miami in mimi but the Heat aren't looking that great. what concerns me is losing to the lower echelon twams like Detroit and Toronto. the only way they can be a force is to be stingier on d and improve the rebounding numbers. Good rebounding teams kill them on the glass which equates in more opportunities. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I love their heart and have enjoyed watching them, but reality check.  They beat utah, orlando twice, and miami on a miracle shot.  I hope they keep up the great effort, but I still don't believe this is anything more than an 8 seed, at best.  Let's not go overboard.